Windows 10: Waking Windows 10

Discus and support Waking Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There are some people who should not be working at Microsoft! Windows 7: I used Netplwiz to set the comfuser to automatically sign me in & that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CJW, Dec 4, 2017.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Waking Windows 10

There are some people who should not be working at Microsoft!

Windows 7: I used Netplwiz to set the comfuser to automatically sign me in & that always worked w/o problems. To put my comfuser to sleep, I would press the FN+Pause/Break keys on my keyboard. To wake it up, I just pressed any key on the keyboard/move the mouse & I'd be right back into Windows at my Desktop/in any folder/browser I was using before sleep.

Windows 10: The sleep portion WAS working just fine, the same way it did in Windows 7 & I was happy to have it work that way. But after using Netplwiz to set the comfuser to automatically sign me in, it now asks for my password when waking from sleep. I even changed Netplwiz back to asking for my password when 1st turning on the comfuser, but it still asks for my password when waking from sleep.

Anyone know if there is a registry edit I can make to fix this back to NOT asking when waking from sleep?

:)

2. sleep and hibernation

windows 10 goes to sleep and I could not wake up. How do I wake it up?

msmichael37421, Dec 4, 2017
  3. Fitz84 Win User
    Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Fitz84, Dec 4, 2017
  4. Waking Windows 10

Caledon Ken, Dec 5, 2017
  5. CJW
    CJW Win User
    *Redface Ok, this one's on me.

In Settings>Accounts>Sign-In Options, under Require Sign-In, I forgot to set When PC wakes up from sleep to Never.
    I don't remember having to relearn so much when going from one version of Windows to the next (though, I did come from 7; skipping 8 & 8.1 entirely).

Thank you Caledon Ken

6. You are welcome.

MS has decided there won't be this big jump again by delivering us these Feature updates periodically. That said, there is enough change between feature updates to keep us all busy.

Brink and other have created some of the best tutorials on the web. In google I search Tenforums tutorial xxxxx, They pop right to the top of the results.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Waking Windows 10

1. Waking Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Waking

2. Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode: Hi, my laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking from sleep. Here is the download link for the minidump file: 042224-46328-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-bsod-when-wake-from-sleep-mode/5e90534f-d117-4a9c-b43f-c4513d84ff46
  3. Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode: Hi, my laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking from sleep. Here is the download link for the minidump file: 042224-46328-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-bsod-when-wake-from-sleep-mode/5e90534f-d117-4a9c-b43f-c4513d84ff46
  4. Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state: when I open my laptop from its sleep state, wifi is disabled for few 10-15 seconds. It happens every time my laptop wakes up, at first I thought it was a windows 11 bug which developers might fix in later updates but problem has been persistent. Any fix?...
  5. Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state

Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state: when I open my laptop from its sleep state, wifi is disabled for few 10-15 seconds. It happens every time my laptop wakes up, at first I thought it was a windows 11 bug which developers might fix in later updates but problem has been persistent. Any fix?...
  6. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  7. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  8. Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation: Hi, randomly my laptop will enter the windows 11 setup screen after boot up -- as if I've just started the computer for the first time. It only goes through a handful of Qs but not the full setup. For example, it asks if I want to use Bing as my default search provider in...
  9. Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation

Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation: Hi, randomly my laptop will enter the windows 11 setup screen after boot up -- as if I've just started the computer for the first time. It only goes through a handful of Qs but not the full setup. For example, it asks if I want to use Bing as my default search provider in...
  10. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...