Windows 10: Waking Windows 10

Discus and support Waking Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There are some people who should not be working at Microsoft! Windows 7: I used Netplwiz to set the comfuser to automatically sign me in & that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CJW, Dec 4, 2017.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Waking Windows 10

There are some people who should not be working at Microsoft!

Windows 7: I used Netplwiz to set the comfuser to automatically sign me in & that always worked w/o problems. To put my comfuser to sleep, I would press the FN+Pause/Break keys on my keyboard. To wake it up, I just pressed any key on the keyboard/move the mouse & I'd be right back into Windows at my Desktop/in any folder/browser I was using before sleep.

Windows 10: The sleep portion WAS working just fine, the same way it did in Windows 7 & I was happy to have it work that way. But after using Netplwiz to set the comfuser to automatically sign me in, it now asks for my password when waking from sleep. I even changed Netplwiz back to asking for my password when 1st turning on the comfuser, but it still asks for my password when waking from sleep.

Anyone know if there is a registry edit I can make to fix this back to NOT asking when waking from sleep?

:)

2. sleep and hibernation

windows 10 goes to sleep and I could not wake up. How do I wake it up?

msmichael37421, Dec 4, 2017
  3. Fitz84 Win User
    Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Fitz84, Dec 4, 2017
  4. Waking Windows 10

Caledon Ken, Dec 5, 2017
  5. CJW
    CJW Win User
    *Redface Ok, this one's on me.

In Settings>Accounts>Sign-In Options, under Require Sign-In, I forgot to set When PC wakes up from sleep to Never.
    I don't remember having to relearn so much when going from one version of Windows to the next (though, I did come from 7; skipping 8 & 8.1 entirely).

Thank you Caledon Ken

6. You are welcome.

MS has decided there won't be this big jump again by delivering us these Feature updates periodically. That said, there is enough change between feature updates to keep us all busy.

Brink and other have created some of the best tutorials on the web. In google I search Tenforums tutorial xxxxx, They pop right to the top of the results.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Waking Windows 10

1. Waking Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Waking

2. Labtop won't wake from sleep: keyboard and mouse are not listed in wake_from_any

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Labtop won't wake from sleep: keyboard and mouse are not listed in wake_from_any: After trying a zillion possible fixes from various online forums when my laptop stopped waking from sleep, I think I have finally tracked down the actual cause, but I don't know how to fix it. I finally learned to check this:Ah-ha! Nothing is enabled to wake up the computer!...
  3. Laptop won't Wake up or sometimes restarts after restart.

Laptop won't Wake up or sometimes restarts after restart.: I am experiencing a weird problem recently that when i lock my laptop and close the lid and the instantly open the lid again the screen would not lit and all i can do is to do a hard reboot to fix the issue. And if i leave the laptop lock and close the lid and open it back in...
  4. Sleep time set and wake up?

Sleep time set and wake up?: I know Windows 10 users can go into power settings and change when PC goes to sleep afterBut is there a way to tell Windows 10 when exactly to put my PC to sleep and when to wake itself up? not only selecting time but days, an example for me would be:Sleep: 1:00am Everyday...
  5. Network Discovery needs to be turned on after waking up from sleep or rebooting from restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Discovery needs to be turned on after waking up from sleep or rebooting from restart: Hi, Have two Windows 10 Home 1909 edition laptops connected to a work group switch.None of the devices are connected to internet just the laptops to the switch. I can turn on Network Discovery with no problem and it does not turn off automatically when the computers are still...
  6. how do i stop this big box appearing when it wakes up

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i stop this big box appearing when it wakes up: i dont remember it doing this before. how do i make it just open on the desktop? computer is 7 days old, and has just had updates. thanks 183096
  7. Wake computer up using ONE key rather than two or more?

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake computer up using ONE key rather than two or more?: Please note I'm not asking how to wake PC up with keyboard/mouse. I noticed on different PCs, it takes a different number of keypresses to wake the PC up. On mine, it takes at least twice on any key to wake it up. How do I force windows to recognize wake up just using any ONE...
  8. Win10: second hard drive missing after wake up

Win10: second hard drive missing after wake up: Hi,sometimes when I have set my Win10-PC to sleep mode and then wake it up, one of my 2 hard drives is not available. Explorer only shows the drives on the first hard drive.The second hard drive only is available after a reboot.Is it possible to wake up the second drive...
  9. How to wake up my laptop

How to wake up my laptop: Hi, When my screen goes black - presumably it's in sleep mode - on my Lenovo Legion I cannot wake it up. Pressing power button quickly, moving mouse pressing a key does not wake it up. I have to press and hold power button then restart the computer. Any ideas how to resolve...
  10. PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up

PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up: Hi, every time my PC goes into sleep, after I wake it up it doesn't accept any input from mouse or keyboard and therefore isn't usable as not being able to unlock it.If I turn of hybrid sleep, everything works perfectly fine, but I would like to have the advantage of resuming...