Windows 10: Weather app icon in Chinese?

Discus and support Weather app icon in Chinese? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today, I did a clean fresh install of Windows 10 Creators Update, and I just noticed that the Weather app in the Start menu is in Chinese. Now, I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by win10freak, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Weather app icon in Chinese?

Today, I did a clean fresh install of Windows 10 Creators Update, and I just noticed that the Weather app in the Start menu is in Chinese.

Now, I do not know if this is the cause or not, but before installing Windows 10, I bought a Dell wired mouse. On the box, it says Made in China.

Windows Defender AV full scan came up clean. Installed ALL updates and security patches before going on the internet. Not much programs installed.

:)

win10freak, Oct 6, 2017
  2. Ernie680 Win User

Hey Cortana, What's the weather?

Hello,

Start the "Weather" app.. make sure that is running and providing correct info first. After that I would look in the Cortana Notebook for Weather settings.

The Cortana Notebook is found by clicking on the Notebook icon under the little House icon that you see on the left hand side when you click on Cortana.

Once you are in the Notebook scroll all the way down the list and you should see the Weather icon. Click on the Weather icon to see what options you have.

-Ernie

Ernie680, Oct 6, 2017
  3. Problem regarding an icon

I have done reset on my phone. After restarting and all the updates are finished, I have an weather icon which does not diappear. Because of this I have two weather app icon. Please help me with that.

shaurya verma, Oct 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Weather app icon in Chinese?

I just tried to launch mine for the first time since upgrading - a blue box- then it closed.

I had to re-register it. Whether (or weather?) that will help in your case... you can try it.
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    (search for weather and choose instructions above as appropriate).

Some of the characters in your screenshot are not Chinese characters, of course.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2017
  5. Your a GENIUS!!!!! Thank you
    The PowerShell command for Weather app did the trick.

win10freak, Oct 6, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Just enough of a genius to remember where the tutorials are... *chuckle

dalchina, Oct 6, 2017
  7. May I just ask what caused this to happen?
    Never happened before after installing Windows 10.
    Windows Defender full scan came up clean.

Was it just a corrupted file or something?
    How can I ensure that this does not happen again in the future after clean installing Windows 10?

win10freak, Oct 6, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Impossible to answer.. bear in mind these things are updated regularly as well - a 4 hourly check. Why did my Weather app need fixing too?

Too many variables. And don't forget to throw in cosmic rays... *Biggrin

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weather app icon in Chinese? - Similar Threads - Weather app icon

2. Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character: I have recently upgraded my win10 from 1909 to 22H2, and installed apps like PowerToys and Apple Music, in which some button icons are displayed as a Chinese character. I assume this is a system issue and has to do with missing fonts or certain icons?Thanks....
  3. Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character: I have recently upgraded my win10 from 1909 to 22H2, and installed apps like PowerToys and Apple Music, in which some button icons are displayed as a Chinese character. I assume this is a system issue and has to do with missing fonts or certain icons?Thanks....
  4. Weather Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather Icons: Hello, just wondering if there's a legend for the weather icons on my taskbar for Windows 10.I've been seeing a large pink/red moon-looking thing and would like to know what it means.TIA!...
  5. Weather Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather Icons: Hello, just wondering if there's a legend for the weather icons on my taskbar for Windows 10.I've been seeing a large pink/red moon-looking thing and would like to know what it means.TIA!...
  6. Weather Icons

7. weather widget stuck in chinese

weather widget stuck in chinese: i was interested in air quality of different places and ended up putting my location as beijing district in chinamy widget and language on there as well as the news is stuck in chinese now and i cant change my location, any tips?...
  8. Chinese weather and news ? widged in task bar

Chinese weather and news ? widged in task bar: For some reason, a widged displaying the weather in Peking and chinese news appeared in my task bar and I don't know how to get rid of it. I tried getting rid of it by clicking on different menu options, but am having a hard time achieving anything since I dont speak...
  9. Weather app on task bar changed to all Chinese characters

Weather app on task bar changed to all Chinese characters: Today on my Windows 10 computer, the weather app on the task bar changed to all Chinese characters. The weather app didn't even appear until I installed update 21H1 on 5/26. How can I fix this?? Can't even figure out how or uninstall or delete the app....
  10. Is it possible to change the icon of the weather app?

Is it possible to change the icon of the weather app?: The big orange circle with a little white cloud, the default windows 10 weather app. I can't find it anywhere on the C drive. Lil help? <3...