Windows 10: WebDAV keeps asking for credentials

Discus and support WebDAV keeps asking for credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Some of my clients have slightly different issues about WebDAV connections. Some of them are prompted on each file (essentially PDFs and MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ITConsulting, Mar 20, 2019.

1. WebDAV keeps asking for credentials

Hi,

Some of my clients have slightly different issues about WebDAV connections. Some of them are prompted on each file (essentially PDFs and MS Office files), some of them on first connection, some of them only with PDFs. The connection is of course saved in the Windows Credential Manager (fields are already filled in)

I read a lot of thread, tried several solutions but none of them worked for me.

What I tried :

• This KB
    • Add the site on Internet Options > Security > Intranet > Sites > Advanced
    • Change for Automatic logon in Internet Options > Security > Internet Zone > User auth - Connection (For the Intranet too)

It would be greatly appreciated if someone have news about this very frustrating issue.

Thanks.

:)

ITConsulting, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Davide3i Win User

OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.

Hi to everybody.
    First of all, I know there are a lot of topics regarding this issue. Still, I didn't find anything which could help me.

A few infos:

• I'm running the Insider Build 14332, and this problem started to show up since this last installation;
    • I've already tried to delete my credentials from the Credential Manager, with no luck.

I've noticed this thing: OneDrive is messing up with Windows credentials too. Each time I login with it, Windows 10 keeps asking to verify my account, so I had to follow this guide by Brink to fix the mess.
    Now I'm in the situation where my Windows is working, but I can no longer use OneDrive.
    Browsing around the internet, I've read that a lot of people are still having this problem (as you can see at this link).
    In particular, some people have having this problem (like me): in Credential Manager, the username is being turned in a random alphanumeric string (see the photo).
    Any hint to fix this problem?

WebDAV keeps asking for credentials [​IMG]

Davide3i, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Win 10 WebDav credentials problem

I have read a lot of posts related to network shares and credentials problem with Win10, but it seems none I can relate to, but all have similar problems.

I have created Http WebDav listener with Basic authentication app. Adding "network location" with address eg. https://localhost:11112/

with proper credentials(username/password) works fine, I can browse etc.

Then when I change credentials in my "db store", and try to navigate again I am getting windows login dialog because last credentials were changed, and this part seems to work fine.

At this step I am entering new password (correct one) and in part where in my app I'm evaluating passed credentials I'm getting old credentials not the one I have entered?!??!? ( I have checked various combinations of username/password none seemed to be
    passed to authorization module)

Windows 10 is sending cached credentials that I have entered the first time.

NOTE: I have never checked "remember" checkbox in dialog, in windows credential manager there are no stored credentials for that given URL, I even have tried to add correct credentials to this cache, but it seems Win 10 is always sending credentials that
    were entered for the 1st time. After box reboot, I need to enter new username/password to browse and this time I can browse with correct credentials, changing password in app db, again here we go.. credentials being sent are the ones entered for the 1st time?!?!

Anyone can tell me this is Windows 10 bug, or what can I do to avoid this?

P.S. using web browser and its security dialog works just fine, correct credentials are sent always as expected, so the code and security sequence being implemented must be correct.

FunKeiserSoze, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

WebDAV keeps asking for credentials

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

WebDAV keeps asking for credentials

1. WebDAV keeps asking for credentials - Similar Threads - WebDAV keeps asking

2. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  3. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials: Everything I log out / restart my PC I have to login to my OneDrive which I have set as Network Drive.I have to remove the "MicrosoftAccount\" part and I can click ok to connect it already has the right password in place. Clicking the "Remember my credentials" does has no...
  4. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials: Everything I log out / restart my PC I have to login to my OneDrive which I have set as Network Drive.I have to remove the "MicrosoftAccount\" part and I can click ok to connect it already has the right password in place. Clicking the "Remember my credentials" does has no...
  5. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

6. Windows keep asking your credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keep asking your credentials: Dear, One of our customers is complaining about this message, that is why I did put all accent on the problem.Sadly there are tons of solutions regarding with the Group Policy which are not a solution for this issue.This started to appear when the user changed the sing in...
  7. Outlook keeps asking for smtp credentials

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook keeps asking for smtp credentials: I have this strange problem starting about 3 days ago. Every now and then outlook 2016 keep asking me to save username and pw to smtp server. I enter the credentials but the same message comes back again. I logged into my mail account repaired the mail but it still comes up ....
  8. WebDav Keep on Prompting Credential

in Windows 10 Customization
    WebDav Keep on Prompting Credential: Hi All, Please help us to resolve issue We are working on webdav , we are keep on prompted with credential . We tried following solution but still issue exists Solution 1: To resolve this problem, create a registry entry. To do this, follow these steps: Click...
  9. SMB file servers keep asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMB file servers keep asking for credentials: I have both Windows 10 SMB and Linux Samba file servers. The share permissions are: browsable (Linux) / turn on file and printer sharing (Windows) guest ok (Linux) / turn off password protected sharing (Windows) Appropriate file system level permissions on both servers...
  10. OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.

OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.: Hi to everybody. First of all, I know there are a lot of topics regarding this issue. Still, I didn't find anything which could help me. A few infos: I'm running the Insider Build 14332, and this problem started to show up since this last installation; I've already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop webdav asking for credential firefox