Windows 10: Weird effects of latest Win 10

Discus and support Weird effects of latest Win 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Anyone like to have a go at this one? I downloaded the latest Win 10 and now the Window button, bottom left does not work, and in order to get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JustinH, Feb 23, 2016.

1. JustinH Win User

Weird effects of latest Win 10

Anyone like to have a go at this one?

I downloaded the latest Win 10 and now the Window button, bottom left does not work, and in order to get a menu to shut down I have to right click on it. The search box to the right does not work either, and will not allow me to enter anything.

Added to that, the 'action center' button does not do anything either, even if I right click and tell it to open.

I have also noticed that I can no longer right click on the Skype icon and close it from there, so Skype has to be switched off by circuitous process.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Justin

:)

JustinH, Feb 23, 2016

2. system hardening i windows 10 latest update

system hardening in latest update for win 10 is it effective?

johnbrownc., Feb 23, 2016
  3. Weird green effect

for every dark colour there is some green dots that flicker in different shapes im not sure if it shows on this screenshot

Weird effects of latest Win 10 [​IMG]

RaheemDoman, Feb 23, 2016
  4. W2BLC Win User

Had that happen with a recent online upgrade to my 8.1 laptop. Reset back to 8.1 - then used my 1511 ISP disk and all is OK. And I thought it was just something I did.

W2BLC, Feb 23, 2016
  5. JustinH Win User
    Yes, very annoying...... Actually I have just managed to get the thing to work again by using the FixWin 10 tool, scanning first then repairing......

I am sure that there must be another tool for Win.8.

I don't have a disc for Win 10, sadly.

Anyone know how one gets a free disc with Win 10 on it should I need to reload my machine?

Justin

JustinH, Feb 23, 2016
  6. Word Man Win User
    Word Man, Feb 23, 2016
  7. JustinH Win User
    JustinH, Feb 23, 2016
  8. Word Man Win User

Did you not follow he link to the tutorial on TenForums that I posted?

Look at the very first line of my post - that's a link to the Tutorial.

The download links in the Tutorial are quite clearly marked by big bold letters - "DOWNLOAD". Option One is for the TechBench ISO. These are links to Microsoft web sites - I would NEVER download a Windows ISO from any other domain.

Word Man, Feb 23, 2016
  9. W2BLC Win User
    Thanks for the link - am working on it now - looks most interesting.

W2BLC, Feb 23, 2016
  10. JustinH Win User
    Ah yes, moving too fast as usual. I will go and have a look at it and see what it does. Thank you very much.

Justin

JustinH, Feb 23, 2016
  11. W2BLC Win User
    Reinstall did the trick for me. Thanks for the link.

Bill

W2BLC, Feb 24, 2016
  12. Word Man Win User
    Good to hear!

Word Man, Feb 25, 2016
  13. JustinH Win User

Reinstall the whole OS?! I managed to fix it by using the Winfix 10 tool in the end, but I am very disappointed that Win10 is so wobbly. I still cannot change the fonts on the windows as it will not allow change from Arial to Times, weird....

JustinH, Feb 25, 2016
  14. W2BLC Win User
    Glad you could get it to work. I look at that "tool" as invasive junk and will not install it.

W2BLC, Feb 25, 2016
  15. JustinH Win User
    All I can say is that it worked. Some suggested above downloading the ISO tool to create a boot disc, do you use that?

Justin

JustinH, Feb 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Weird effects of latest Win 10 - Similar Threads - Weird effects latest

2. latest ver win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest ver win 10: if i download window 10 today , will all the updates be included in that version ? or i ll ve to download again by running updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-ver-win-10/54c515cf-4f27-4b95-b840-56c411df63e1
  3. Weird PC Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird PC Win 10: I have manage to install a couple pieces of software that I install on all my computers. These are Paint Shop Pro 7 (yeah it is old the hills, but works for me. I also installed Revo Uninstaller. I consider these as essential. Now I need to find "Macrium Reflect" to download...
  4. upgrade from 7 to 10 - Weird effects

in Windows 10 Support
    upgrade from 7 to 10 - Weird effects: In general my upgrade from 7 to 10 has gone well, yet I notice a few odd things going on... 1. On using a usb key, even if just plugging in to delete a file, win10 often refuses to eject it saying it is still in use ?? (yet not always). NOTHING is running and the led on the...
  5. Latest Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Win 10: Compared with theWin 10 on my domestic computer, this one is areally fussy beggar. If any attempt is made toCustomise folder colours [even if they can be], Windowsgoes off into a sulk - User screen, little swirly cursor, "Please Wait". Sometimes the Wait Time is too great and...
  6. Weird text effects- solutions to repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird text effects- solutions to repair: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pike-n00b [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/few9yu/weird_text_effects_solutions_to_repair/
  7. Blurry Effect in windows installer in win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Effect in windows installer in win 10: Blurry text in windows installer on windows 10 Any fix ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurry-effect-in-windows-installer-in-win-10/1c54ce28-6376-4cf1-9952-edf9ec5b96ee
  8. weird effect

in Browsers and Email
    weird effect: Doing a little house cleaning, I remove a few windows features I wasn't using. One of them was explorer 11, Which I didn't use in any of its incarnations. After the reboot all my Web shortcuts on the desktop lost their icons. They still worked but were blank. Restoring exp 11...
  9. weird effect

in Windows 10 Support
    weird effect: Doing a little house cleaning, I remove a few windows features I wasn't using. One of them was explorer 11, Which I didn't use in any of its incarnations. After the reboot all my Web shortcuts on the desktop lost their icons. They still worked but were blank. Restoring exp 11...
  10. Latest Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 Update: [img] My PC now updated .. that took a long time, but here in Darkest Africa. I only have an "up to 4 Mbps" ADSL connection. I also see that this is my 100th post on TenForums *Smile This is a great forum, and the willingness of everybody to help less knowledgeable...