Windows 10: Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ?

Discus and support Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so was doing a bit of music organising and transferring same with movies etc. but every time im dealing with a media file this thing pops up. when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DiBBz, Feb 9, 2018.

1. DiBBz Win User

Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ?

so was doing a bit of music organising and transferring same with movies etc. but every time im dealing with a media file this thing pops up. when hovering over it it clearly shows WMP window. but clicking on it does nothing.. anyone know how to fix this ? i thought this was a clicking issue so i made sure to delay the double click process. but no its whenever i click on a media file this shows.. doesn't matter if its 1 or 2

Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ? [​IMG]

anyone got any ideas on how to fix this ?

:)

DiBBz, Feb 9, 2018

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Feb 9, 2018
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Feb 9, 2018
  4. Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ?

Caledon Ken, Feb 9, 2018
  5. DiBBz Win User
    WMP is installed on my system and i have made sure every media file from M4A, MP3, AAC, MP4 etc etc are all set to their default app when opening. its just every time i interact or move media files from a folder to another this pops up in the task bar. it doesn't happen when i have media files on my desktop. only specially in folders.

i also tried re-installing WMP but nothing has changed. it doesn't play anything. its just a blank window.. and when i hover over the window i see the WMP window. but obviously when clicking on it, nothing shows. its like its a ghost windows or something. and as far as ive seen nothing new appears in task manager

DiBBz, Feb 10, 2018
  6. Long shot and I'm an iTune user... Is your WMP set to automatically import / organized you library.

What I'm thinking is that you are organizing files and it is responding. I read that this does not occur on desktop, maybe that is a location it is not monitoring. Like I said long shot.

Caledon Ken, Feb 10, 2018
  7. DiBBz Win User
    not quite sure what you mean by that.. only option i have enabled on the player side is to add any media track to my library. but beside that there is no automatic importing.

i just dont know why or how to fix this issue... its becoming a pain when trying to play specific playlists or songs.

:EDIT:

it appears this no name window / glitched window can be interacted with.. i can press the play button and it plays what i clicked on either for shift clicking or what not. but doesn't follow window sound mixer settings

Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ? [​IMG]

DiBBz, Feb 17, 2018
  8. Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ?

Caledon Ken, Feb 18, 2018
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, what you're seeing appears to be a bug related to the Preview Pane, and WMP with mp3's and at least one other file type.

Turn off your Preview pane, or use a different media player associated with mp3's. Other media players will place a picture related to the file e.g. cover art in the preview pane, with an icon identifying the player. However, only WMP, as far as I know, allows actually playing media in the Preview Pane.

This problem has been mentioned a number of times on the internet, and seems a more recent issue in Win 10. I very recently posted examples on a thread I responded to.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ?

1. Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ? - Similar Threads - Weird Name Window

2. Weird appearance on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird appearance on windows 11: I was playing video games one day and i started spamming multiple keys on my keyboard and then my screen went black. It when back and now, everything feels weird. The appearance on my apps and browser and different. Most of my apps have now no colors and theres some weird...
  3. Weird appearance on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird appearance on windows 11: I was playing video games one day and i started spamming multiple keys on my keyboard and then my screen went black. It when back and now, everything feels weird. The appearance on my apps and browser and different. Most of my apps have now no colors and theres some weird...
  4. Weird Named Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Named Files: HiI have many weird named files in my file explorer. here are locked, can't open them. They seem very risky and I am not able to delete them. Need a solution.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-named-files/1c2fed8a-6abc-45f9-9cbb-cdf7ec7a54d3
  5. Weird Named Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Named Files: HiI have many weird named files in my file explorer. here are locked, can't open them. They seem very risky and I am not able to delete them. Need a solution.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-named-files/1c2fed8a-6abc-45f9-9cbb-cdf7ec7a54d3
  6. weird files just appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    weird files just appeared: so i was just using my pc and i go into my hard drive and all these weird files appeared and i'm not sure what to do with them and the weird thing is i haven't had my pc since 2007 so like...
  7. 66 GB of weird files suddenly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    66 GB of weird files suddenly appeared: Hello, I would like to ask you for help. Every 2-4 weeks I do backup of all my personal files from my PC to an external HDD. All the files and directories on the HDD are duplicates of those on the PC so I have everything twice and I do the backup by syncing the HDD according...
  8. weird file appeared after update to ver1809

in Windows 10 Support
    weird file appeared after update to ver1809: Hi, I don't know if this is a problem for sure but I noticed that my C: drive suddenly lost 10 gb of free space. Looking at C: directory I noticed a folder titled 100 that used 9.91 gb that I didn't remember being their before; its subfolder 880 and 880 s subfolder has WINSxS...
  9. Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files": Hi everyone my name is Rod and I have a weird "problem" and not sure if I should worry if at all, it's my first time posting here and if I make any mistakes I apologize in advance. I recently did a fresh install of win10 x64 on my HTPC and everything works fine except for...
  10. Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw: So I have a weird file that just showed up in a folder titled gigeg. It is in the users/appdata/local path. File is uhgawgi.kdiw. Any idea what the heck this is? 106605