Windows 10: Weird problem with system icons not showing after anniversary update

Discus and support Weird problem with system icons not showing after anniversary update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the anniversary update I have a weird problem with my system icons. In Settings I have enabled the following system icons: sounds, network and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rob2911, Sep 3, 2016.

1. rob2911 Win User

Weird problem with system icons not showing after anniversary update

After the anniversary update I have a weird problem with my system icons.
    In Settings I have enabled the following system icons: sounds, network and battery status. Only two of them are visible in the system tray and one is invisible, although there seems to be space 'reserved' since I have a gap in my system tray.

Turning the icons on and off does not help, adding more system icons does not help either. Strangely, the icon I enabled first will disappear.

At this moment the sounds icon is invisible, and there is gap between the network icon and keyboard input indicator:

Weird problem with system icons not showing after anniversary update [​IMG]

All help will be appreciated!

:)

rob2911, Sep 3, 2016

2. Action Center Icon Shows Quiet Hours Turned On

After installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607, I no longer have this problem with the Action Center Icon showing the
    circle in the bottom right corner.

Laurel Valley, Sep 3, 2016
  3. stricq Win User
    System tray icons blur and darken until they disappear

Amrita's response is basically nonsense, just fishing in the dark. The Nvidia drivers are specifically meant for Windows 10.

This only started happening after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The system tray icons did not show this behavior before the update. I specifically noted the changes over time of the icons immediately after the update was intsalled on my pc.

stricq, Sep 3, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Create a new user profile and log in to the new user and test. This seems like a profile issue.

lmaneke, Sep 3, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 3, 2016
  6. rob2911 Win User
    Somehow opening the menu: Select which icons appear on the taskbar in the Taskbar Settings page made my sound icon come back. However I didn't make any changes and I have opened that menu before. I hope the icon will remain there after a reboot. Otherwise I will try resetting the notification area cache.

Thanks for your replies!

rob2911, Sep 3, 2016
  7. I too have weird things here . Updates have fixed some issue but why would the network icon be an airplane both in tray and in system select display menu ? This is a desktop with no wifi capability. It says connected and will switch off and on but stays the same. There is no airplane mode to select in any menu.
    A different profile doesn't alter it.

cowboy stu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird problem with system icons not showing after anniversary update - Similar Threads - Weird problem system

2. Weird Icons After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird Icons After Update: After update on my Sony Laptop, after bootup and before the sign in page I get MS's daily screen shot but along the top of page it shows a multitude of colored icon squares in two rows. What is MS doing to us?....
  3. Weird Icons After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Icons After Update: After update on my Sony Laptop, after bootup and before the sign in page I get MS's daily screen shot but along the top of page it shows a multitude of colored icon squares in two rows. What is MS doing to us?....
  4. Weird Icons After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth problems after anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth problems after anniversary update: So I have an issue with my bluetooth speakers. I basically can not pair my PC with my speakers after the anniversary update. I've been using these speakers for a while now and never had this problem. Speakers work just fine with any other device than my PC. When i'm...
  6. Windows 10 anniversary update after problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update after problems: Hi all, thanks for dropping by my post and having a read. So.. yes by the looks of things there seems to be on various boards problems with the windows 10 anniversary update. Unfortunately I am in that camp. 2 desktops and a laptop have all been struck with the same issue....
  7. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  8. Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  9. Anniversary Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Problems: Hi, I've tested a few anniversary update features and although it was going to get disabled on Win 10 Pro only, on Enterprise also some tricks are not working. As usual, to save time, after each clean Windows installation, I run a number of .reg and .bat files to highly...
  10. Anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update problems: I finally got round to installing the anniversary update once I realised there was a way to disable Cortana through the registry, and it all seemed to install without any issues. Now that it's up and running though, a couple of problems have emerged: - The regedit...