Windows 10: What a headache

Discus and support What a headache in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; "I'll go and make a coffee whilst I wait for the file to open'' It took 2 years before W7 worked satisfactory. How many years till W10 works properly?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by psysprouts, Jan 21, 2016.

1. What a headache

"I'll go and make a coffee whilst I wait for the file to open'' It took 2 years before W7 worked satisfactory. How many years till W10 works properly? Do I have to go thru this all over again. Howabout you develop a product that actually works properly before releasing it? Up to 30 seconds for a file to open for editing. That's extremely fustrating when I've got hundreds of files to edit. Audio preview box is empty, and none of your solutions have worked. Slow start-up. Failures to wake up from sleep. What's next? And I'm afraid to go back to W7, in case it messes up my computer even more. *Mad

:)

psysprouts, Jan 21, 2016
  2. dubai514 Win User

N95 What a headache .. A love-hate Relationship

problem is that people who believed the adds .. like poor old me .. baught the phone on the launch .. paid a heavy coin and now are waiting patiently for the magical solution from the people that .. Connect people ..

I really never expected the battery to be the problem thought it might jamm but that was it ..

i have been using nokia for most of my Cellular life

dubai514, Jan 21, 2016
  3. patc---01 Win User
    N95 What a headache .. A love-hate Relationship

That's not going to happen.

Battery technology really isn't advancing that fast and besides, once a phone is out, Nokia don't tend to make hardware changes.

I think the N95 has enough to offer to make it a worthwhile upgrade anyway, though What a headache ;)

patc---01, Jan 21, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

What a headache

Did you just upgrade from W7 ? Clean install is much preferable.

CountMike, Jan 22, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    I would say that most of issues come from upgrading from Windows 7 rather than Windows 8/8.1. So perform the upgrade then clean install. You won't need to enter your cd key when prompted as its already associated with your computer.

swarfega, Jan 22, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    You might wish to see how your PC behaves
    a. in Safe Mode
    b. after a clean boot
    c. after a clean boot and disabling non-MS shell extensions using Nirsoft's Shellexview (free).

That way you might begin to start identifying things that are slowing your system down.

Sure, Win 10's immature, but you shouldn't expect it to be slow.
    There are many threads here on sleep-related issues- when you're ready to address those, feel free to search teh forum for relevant threads.

If you use disk imaging (which everyone should- it saves so much pain, preserves your PC's state and your sanity) then you could:
    - Create an image of your PC as is
    - Clean install Win 10 and see how it behaves

Decide whether you prefer to proceed based on diagnosing your upgraded build, or with the clean install.

Your image would allow you to restore your current build.

"How about you develop a product that actually works properly before releasing it?" - suggest you address that to
    Technet forums
    e.g. or via feedback to MS. This forum is run by users.

dalchina, Jan 22, 2016
  7. How do I create an image and clean install?

psysprouts, Jan 24, 2016
  8. What a headache

It's all too complicated for me. I'll just have to persevere because I can't afford to pay anyone to help me.

psysprouts, Jan 24, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    1. Disk imaging: very commonly used and highly recommended means by which you create a compressed copy of the disk/partition you wish to back up. The image can be updated.

Advantages:
    Peace of mind *Wink
    It can be used to restore your PC to a working state when things go wrong (hardware failures excepted bar the hard drive)
    - in perhaps less than an hour
    - without technical help (that's the idea anyway!).

Also allows you to relatively easily replace your HDD if
    - you want a bigger/faster one
    - yours fails.

Provides a full backup- you can extract any files you like.

Download Aomei Backupper, (or Macrium Reflect) - free.
    (just search- easy to find).
    Install
    Create their boot disk
    Create your first image of (say) C: on an external USB drive (for example).

You can find lots written up on this, help files to tell you how.

2. Clean boot:
    I searched on clean boot "Windows 10" for you:
    How to perform a Clean boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

3. Clean install
    You have already installed and activated Win 10 on your PC.
    So now you are free to install either the 32 bit or the 64 bit version. (You need to have downloaded the appropriate iso file)

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    You need to burn the iso file to a DVD or create a bootable USB. The first will be easier for you.

dalchina, Jan 24, 2016
  10. Since I last posted, I got about 10 minutes when suddenly files opened quickly, then my pc crashes. And then later file explorer shuts down suddenly. Then this morning, pc crashes again. Quote Dalchina "Sure, Win 10's immature, but you shouldn't expect it to be slow" I should expect to get a product that works properly. It took 2 years before W7 worked ok, now you expect me to go thru another 2 years of crap.

psysprouts, Jan 26, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    I don't think you're going to get round to trying to sort out your present build, as suggested, so I'll leave you to do a clean install as suggested above. Good luck.

dalchina, Jan 26, 2016
  12. Windows 7 worked fine right away. Windows 10 works fine as well. The problems aren't with the OSes, or else everyone would be having the same issue.

A clean install is a simple process, especially if you follow the tutorials on this site. If you are going to go on a rant about the products and then tell us a simple clean install is too complicated, there isn't much else we can do to help.

DeaconFrost, Jan 27, 2016
  13. What a headache

What maybe simple for tech nerds, is not necessarily simple for other types of people.

psysprouts, Jan 28, 2016
  14. wbhworld Win User
    I suggest you get in touch with Microsoft directly and complain there, everyone here on this Forum is trying to help you for Free.*really

wbhworld, Jan 29, 2016
  15. MAXIQ Win User
    *Thumbs

or go back to windows 7 if you like it that much *Doh

MAXIQ, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

What a headache

1. What a headache - Similar Threads - headache

2. Kernel-power id 41 issue headache.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-power id 41 issue headache.: I'm another Windows 10 users where system suddenly rebooted caused by unexpected activity reported by id 41 and despite to many suggestion where it doesn't work and solve the issue, being a useless waste time.Despite on many suggestions about this issue by changing advance...
  3. Kernel-power id 41 issue headache.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel-power id 41 issue headache.: I'm another Windows 10 users where system suddenly rebooted caused by unexpected activity reported by id 41 and despite to many suggestion where it doesn't work and solve the issue, being a useless waste time.Despite on many suggestions about this issue by changing advance...
  4. Kernel-power id 41 issue headache.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange: Date of Post: November 30, 2022Issue: Link To Windows Software for Android Phone not working. Strange behaviors, no error messagesTools Used: I am running Windows 10 Home on an HP Laptop and Android Software on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 smart phoneWow. Microsoft really did not...
  6. Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange

Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange: Date of Post: November 30, 2022Issue: Link To Windows Software for Android Phone not working. Strange behaviors, no error messagesTools Used: I am running Windows 10 Home on an HP Laptop and Android Software on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 smart phoneWow. Microsoft really did not...
  7. Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache: Hello! 2th november i had updated my Windows11 21H2 to 22H2 Everething was fine but after update, i started feeling sever pain in my eyes. In the very begining i thought that something wrong with me that day. But next day my sympthoms became more significant. After a few...
  8. Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache

Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache: Hello! 2th november i had updated my Windows11 21H2 to 22H2 Everething was fine but after update, i started feeling sever pain in my eyes. In the very begining i thought that something wrong with me that day. But next day my sympthoms became more significant. After a few...
  9. Edge gives me headache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge gives me headache: Edge not working properly in Windows 11. I clear cache and cookies over all still the same. It will not respond sometimes and when I open a new link it will not open at all. I can only open first page and not even responding when you open a new tab. I have Windows 11 so it is...
  10. Edge gives me headache

Edge gives me headache: Edge not working properly in Windows 11. I clear cache and cookies over all still the same. It will not respond sometimes and when I open a new link it will not open at all. I can only open first page and not even responding when you open a new tab. I have Windows 11 so it is...