Windows 10: What are Taskbar Badges

Discus and support What are Taskbar Badges in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Settings/Personalization/Taskbar there is a item called Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons. I have no idea what a badge is so I surely don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Jan 22, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

What are Taskbar Badges

In Settings/Personalization/Taskbar there is a item called Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons. I have no idea what a badge is so I surely don't know whether are not I want to show them*Smile.

Will someone please enlighten me?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jan 22, 2017

2. 14.328 Taskbar badging. Are there any settings to turn this on? I'm not getting any badges.

14.328 Taskbar badging. Are there any settings to turn this on? I'm not getting any badges.

The_tech_guy, Jan 22, 2017
  3. Notification centre icon on taskbar

OK. So if Show Badges is off I think that could be an override for your
    Taskbar's Notification icon's preference. Have you tried setting Show Badges on? Is Show Badges working on any Taskbar icon? Related to this maybe it would be an idea to increase the size of your Taskbar--give it some more pixels to work with?

Good luck

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 22, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

What are Taskbar Badges

Hello JJG10, *Smile

The tutorial below can help give you more details about taskbar button badges. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail apps badge shows you the number of unseen emails (not unread). The Alarms & Clock app’s badge will show you that you have an active alarm. The Weather app’s badge lets you know when there is a weather alert in the area.

Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 22, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you for the explanation. Think I will allow them and see if they are any use.

JJG10, Jan 22, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What are Taskbar Badges

1. What are Taskbar Badges - Similar Threads - are Taskbar Badges

2. How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 22H2, Build 10.0.22623.875 Insider preview on Beta Channel. I unable to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps", it's usually very useful to know new email or new message."Mail" apps no longer show the "badge" when new email arrives, and the setting...
  3. How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 22H2, Build 10.0.22623.875 Insider preview on Beta Channel. I unable to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps", it's usually very useful to know new email or new message."Mail" apps no longer show the "badge" when new email arrives, and the setting...
  4. Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons"

Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons": Hello."Show badges on taskbar buttons" is locked and sturdier than the walls of Moria for some unknown reason. Help a Hobbit out? I want to see notifications on my messaging apps. Now I never know if someone's messaged me....
  5. Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10: Having turned my PC on and allowing for it to boot-up, I notice that all of my "taskbar badges" have disappeared. i.e. they are no longer displayed. The only things displayed in the task bar are: The START button, Task View, Digital clock and the dd/mm/yyyy. It was fine...
  6. Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10: Having turned my PC on and allowing for it to boot-up, I notice that all of my "taskbar badges" have disappeared. i.e. they are no longer displayed. The only things displayed in the task bar are: The START button, Task View, Digital clock and the dd/mm/yyyy. It was fine...
  7. Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge: I've been using a smaller taskbar for a while now, and I changed it back to bigger and it's too big. I want to use a smaller taskbar. I know I can turn on small taskbar icons but that'll get rid of the notification badge or icons. I want the notification badge. Is there any...
  9. Badge numbers on small icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Badge numbers on small icons in taskbar: I recently changed my taskbar layout and switched to small icons to get more screen real estate. Problem is, while in small mode, icons don't display badges anymore (like unread count for Discord or email apps for example). I've been looking around but can't find any way to...
  10. What are these badges shown in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these badges shown in File Explorer?: For lack of a better term, in File Explorer on the lower left of folders and file icons, there are sometimes badges displayed. E.g. A checkmark or double arrow. What is the proper name for these and what do the different ones mean? [img] [img] 99895

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show badges in taskbar settings meaning

2. what are taskbar badges

3. show badges on taskbar

4. what is show badges on taskbar buttons,
  5. what are badges on taskbar,
  6. what are badges on taskbar buttons,
  7. show badges on taskbar buttons,
  8. what is show badges on taskbar,
  9. windows taskbar badge,
  10. show badges on taskbar meaning,
  11. what is a badge on taskbar,