Windows 10: What are the settings/things to do after installing Win 10? Checklist?

Discus and support What are the settings/things to do after installing Win 10? Checklist? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What are the settings/things to do after installing Windows 10? Is there a Checklist somewhere? Or any guides that you follow? I mean adjusting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by comcom, Jul 29, 2016.

1. comcom Win User

What are the settings/things to do after installing Win 10? Checklist?

What are the settings/things to do after installing Windows 10?

Is there a Checklist somewhere? Or any guides that you follow?

I mean adjusting the settings and prevent annoying things that will happen.

For example to prevent Windows 10 auto restart after an update: go to Settings>Update & Security>Windows update>Advanced options>[Choose how updates are installed] select "notify to schedule restart"

I am sure there are a lot more things/settings that you do after installing Windows 10.

Thanks

:)

comcom, Jul 29, 2016
  2. grayburn Win User

What are some great things you can do on the N82?

I use

Sports Tracker

cClock,TYscrsaver,Handy clock (great screensavers)

Handy Blacklist

Panoman

Internet Radio

Nokia Chat

Light saber

Marble Maze

grayburn, Jul 29, 2016
  3. grayburn Win User
    What are some great things you can do on the N82?

Install cClock and change the settings to black text on white screen, that'll be easier to see.

Message Edited by on 14-Oct-2008 09:40 PM

grayburn, Jul 29, 2016
  4. DavidY Win User

I'm sure other people will chip in with things they do. One of mine is:

DavidY, Jul 29, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I get rid of the large Cortana search box and replace it with the Search icon or remove it completely.Right click on the Taskbar, point to Cortana then select Hidden (my choice) or Show Cortana icon.
    Right click on Desktop, Themes, Desktop icon settings. Check all 5 boxes then Apply and OK to get system icons on the Desktop.
    In Themes, I also pick a Theme or download a new one from the internet.

Right click on Taskbar, Properties. Click on Customize. Click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar and turn on Always show all icons in notification area.

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2016
  6. EJB986 Win User
  7. Winuser Win User
    Four of the main things I do is turn on System Restore and turn off Fast Startup. Then I check to make sure I don't have any problems with any of my drivers. When I'm sure everything is OK I make a image of my drive with Macrium Reflect.

Edit: forgot about checking for any updates before I make a image. So It's five main things I do. *Smile

Winuser, Jul 29, 2016
  8. paulco Win User

If your looking for guides, "Tutorial Index".
    I started at Z.(lots of hidden(?) stuff in 10).

paulco, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What are the settings/things to do after installing Win 10? Checklist? - Similar Threads - are settings things

2. 11 things to do after installing or upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    11 things to do after installing or upgrading to Windows 11: [ATTACH]Here is a guide on things to do for those who have just installed or upgraded to Windows 11. Windows 11 is available for generic users provided that their PC meets the minimum requirement to run Windows 11. If you haven’t still upgraded to Windows 11, you can try...
  3. Win 10 v 2004 puts the kibosh on settings and other things

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 v 2004 puts the kibosh on settings and other things: I have much the same problems as ThomasWood7 posted about Settings app just flashes and immediately closes, windows search box won’t accept input and a few others system fonts look much smaller, if an app is open and running on task bar, can no longer right click on it to...
  4. what are the next three things you install after a fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Customization
    what are the next three things you install after a fresh windows install: I'd like to know what are typically the next three things you prefer to install after a fresh windows 10 install / new machine setup? Regards, Steve Mansfield...
  5. checklist of what to look for upgrading home pc windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    checklist of what to look for upgrading home pc windows 7 to 10: what is the best way to check that all specs are good to continue with upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checklist-of-what-to-look-for-upgrading-home-pc/3a525f76-0ff1-4cf7-8925-5e4067a4607a
  6. what do these things mean

in Windows 10 Support
    what do these things mean: what do these things mean are they ok [ATTACH] 1904ese 149214
  7. What are the best things to do with a clean Windows 10 installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the best things to do with a clean Windows 10 installation?: So, my PC is having issues and I’ve decided on a clean install. I feel like some of those issues were attributed to me not configuring and setting up windows properly, like for example, my audio driver was not working properly. An extensible alternative to notepad and...
  8. How do I refine display settings after Win 10 installation?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I refine display settings after Win 10 installation?: Hi, I have just downloaded and installed Windows 10. All is good except the default resolution seems too large. I have tried all the options available in Control Panel/Display/Screen Resolution but none work or are in proportion except the basic default 1024 x 768 setting...
  9. what to do after a clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    what to do after a clean install of windows 10: I installed this win 10 only few months ago but now I think it's getting some registry problems and infecting with some adware and spyware etc even though I have been always careful not to click on suspicious links and only downloading files from trusted sites. I even...
  10. What things one should do after Windows 10 Clean install?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What things one should do after Windows 10 Clean install?: Hello folks, My laptop was acting weird for few days so I had to do a clean install. I am trying to find the ways to set up the PC in terms of privacy and other minor things to keep Windows's performance as good as I can. (I have SSHD and planning to get SSD in future but...