Windows 10: What did Windows Storage Sense delete?

Discus and support What did Windows Storage Sense delete? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some Windows program called Storage Sense was enabled by default. This Storage Sense told me it deleted 908 MB (!) of my files in the past month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Garth Hamilton, Mar 21, 2019.

1. What did Windows Storage Sense delete?

Some Windows program called Storage Sense was enabled by default. This Storage Sense told me it deleted 908 MB (!) of my files in the past month without my knowledge nor permission.

How do I determine which of my personal files this unauthorized program deleted? I need to recover them from Carbonite before I lose them forever.

:)

Garth Hamilton, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Storage Sense

Nice one Dude. Added to the list.

I am happy you made this, it has been on my ToDo list for ages but the real life has been messing with my plans preventing any time consuming hobbies like video making What did Windows Storage Sense delete? :)

3. Dude Win User
  4. TTwyman Win User

What did Windows Storage Sense delete?

Storage Sense

I was just wondering about storage sense. Me and my mum have the same phone HTC 8S but she has storage sense and I don't, I had the same problem with data sense, eventually that did appear. From this I know that I can get storage sense, so don't anyone tell
    me that I can't get it because I have been told that I should have it.

I was just wondering if storage sense was only available on windows 8.1 or available also on windows 8?

TTwyman, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

What did Windows Storage Sense delete?

1. What did Windows Storage Sense delete? - Similar Threads - did Storage Sense

2. What does storage sense do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does storage sense do?: Like precisely what files does it delete? I actually keep important documents in my downloads folder so I wanna check before enabling it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-storage-sense-do/88fdc764-2c24-45fc-afef-2227a2282116
  3. What does storage sense do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does storage sense do?: Like precisely what files does it delete? I actually keep important documents in my downloads folder so I wanna check before enabling it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-storage-sense-do/88fdc764-2c24-45fc-afef-2227a2282116
  4. What does storage sense do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

"STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES: Windows deleted the entire contents of two different folders within the past month and those are only the ones of which I am aware! I just discovered that Windows 10 has a "Storage Sense" option where it will automatically delete files it thinks you do not need if the system...
  6. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES: Windows deleted the entire contents of two different folders within the past month and those are only the ones of which I am aware! I just discovered that Windows 10 has a "Storage Sense" option where it will automatically delete files it thinks you do not need if the system...
  7. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Storage sense deleting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage sense deleting files: I know I'm asking this question again but it is because I want more clarity. So, the problem is my c drive was almost full like 114.5/118 GB occupied and my recycle bin was empty. I deleted a zip file that I downloaded from google drive from downloads folder, it was of size...
  9. Storage sense deleting files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Storage sense deleting files: My c drive was almost full like only 4.5 GB was free and my recycle bin was empty then I deleted a downloaded zip file from downloads folder and later after some time saw that my recycle bin was empty. My storage sense was on would run when on low disk space and set to delete...
  10. What is STORAGE SENSE?

What is STORAGE SENSE?: My Windows (C:) drive has 16.2 GB free of 117 GB. I have three questions (1) Is this why I've received this message: "We've set up Storage Sense for you". Expanding that takes me to Settings where I see the snips below. (2) I haven't heard of 'Storage Sense' before - is it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to know what storage sense did