Windows 10: what does the battery saver actually do?

Discus and support what does the battery saver actually do? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not 100% sure what it does exactly. Does it disable the auto update of programs? Does it make some apps and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tim87, Nov 4, 2015.

1. tim87 Win User

what does the battery saver actually do?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not 100% sure what it does exactly. Does it disable the auto update of programs? Does it make some apps and stuff not work?

:)

tim87, Nov 4, 2015

2. battery saver not working...

i have a lenovo z510 , running on windows 10. whenever i used to click on the battery saver icon in the taskbar it used to start my battery saver. But recently when i click on battery saver icon it does nothing. i tried manually opening battery saver in
    setting but it does not opens. what should i do?

ANKITMAKRARIA, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Battery Problem

Update: the battery saver mode does give me pre-tango battery saver mode performance. Note: this is actual battery life, the "predicted" battery life on the battery saver settings screen was severly under-reporting for me (predicts 1 day 4 hours to dead,
    actual was 1 day 14 hours to 48%).

I have a LARGE number of apps installed, many of which do not allow me to disable background processing. My hope is that battery life will recover after the "inactivity timeout" expires; my recollection is this is 15 days, but maybe I'm just inventing features...

sullivanpt, Nov 4, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Nov 4, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 4, 2015
  6. tim87 Win User
    So I made it automatically turn on when my battery gets below 100% so its basically on constantly. is it ok to keep it like this?

tim87, Nov 4, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's normally set to be turned on until after the battery gets to a lower percentage instead, but if that's what you want it to be set on, then it won't hurt anything other than the performance it will reduce to save the battery.

Brink, Nov 4, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

To be 110% honest, I wouldn't even care to consider using that option.
    I am most certain that I will know when my laptop battery is getting low.
    And when that happens I will take step to recharge it.
    Will you ?

Furthermore, Battery Saver will turn on automatically when battery level is below 20%. That's good enough for me.

davidhk, Nov 4, 2015
  9. friTTe Win User
    friTTe, Nov 5, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, basically Battery Saver if for helping to make the battery last as long as possible when it get's to the default 20% level, or what you set. This is done by dimming the display, reduce the CPU, etc... to lower battery usage as much as possible.

Brink, Nov 5, 2015
  11. friTTe Win User
    Sounds good..cheers *Smile

friTTe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. what does the battery saver actually do? - Similar Threads - does battery saver

2. What does ai.exe actually do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does ai.exe actually do?: What does ai.exe actually do? Of what practical use is it? Why is my system forced to run it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-aiexe-actually-do/51fc11a4-953c-418a-8b7e-fca5ac645560
  3. What does ai.exe actually do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does ai.exe actually do?: What does ai.exe actually do? Of what practical use is it? Why is my system forced to run it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-aiexe-actually-do/51fc11a4-953c-418a-8b7e-fca5ac645560
  4. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  5. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  6. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Saver: I got a laptop yesterday Lenovo Yoga C740 and one thing I noticed was it had a little timer that told you how much time you can use the computer before it dies, but the issue is that it is always displaying that I only have very little time to use it. I wanted to know if it...
  7. What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do?: So I'm thinking of encrypting my "C:\" SSD on my laptop so if its stolen no one could get on my files. But whenever I search how BitLocker works, ppl always talk about the encryption and setup process, but I want to know if I have a password on my Windows User Account and I...
  8. what does MsMpEng.exe actually do???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what does MsMpEng.exe actually do???: All, I'm looking at some horrendous performance issues with our Windows 10 environment. Whilst the estate is old and low on resources in a lot of cases I don't think Windows 10 is helping matters. I'm using the usual tools (procmon, perfmon, task manager)to try and get to...
  9. What does Pin To Start actually do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does Pin To Start actually do?: Fresh installation of Windows 10. When I right click an app in the Start Menu (All apps) and select Pin to Start, nothing happens. Nothing about the Start Menu changes. I have multiple Pins but I see no change in the Start Menu. Note that Pin to Taskbar does work....
  10. Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life: For me activating the battery saver from the taskbar always sets me back, for example: If I have around if 56 minutes remaining then activating power saver would probably set me back to 48 minutes remaining. And the brightness does reduce which is strange. Why would this...