Windows 10: What does the power slider do ?

Discus and support What does the power slider do ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear forum readers, With the fall creators update (1709), MS mainstreamed a power slider in the battery UI for everyone using a power plan with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NovHak, Jan 28, 2018.

1. NovHak Win User

What does the power slider do ?

Dear forum readers,

With the fall creators update (1709), MS mainstreamed a power slider in the battery UI for everyone using a power plan with Balanced personality.

While it surely controls the new power throttling feature (setting the slider in the rightmost position disables it), what it does outside of this is rather unclear. If one defines a bug as unspecified behaviour, then this whole slider is a bug... unless there are clear specifications somewhere ?

:)

NovHak, Jan 28, 2018

2. nokia n95 slider mechanism

Just to clarify....what I mean is (1) when slider is closed and a call comes in and then slider opened call is answered by my N95........as opposed to (2) slider already opened and then call comes in and call answered automatically.....

Does yours do (1) above??

needtogetfit, Jan 28, 2018
  3. What to do if the Power button does not wake up my phone?

I am very certain this is a hardware problem as the volume and camera keys are all functional as are the back/home/search buttons on the front. A software glitch would more likely affect the rest of the buttons.

But considering I only got my phone last January it should still be within its warranty period; checking my IMEI on the Nokia/MSFT Mobile website confirms this is the case.

Additionally using the troubleshooting section of the site has prompted me to send it in for repairs:

What does the power slider do ? [​IMG]

Is it really necessary to attempt to use the Nokia Software Recovery tool to restore my device?

Surface Tester, Jan 28, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 28, 2018
  5. I wonder why they even put in the slider UI when it doesn't do anything yet. Seems like you'd want to keep the old power packages and only display the slider when the OEMs actually provide the configurations...

PolarNettles, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What does the power slider do ? - Similar Threads - does power slider

2. What the power button does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the power button does: Hello -- I had and issue the last time I restarted my computer --- I just installed an update for one of my programs and I notI hadhad to reboot I reboot the computer, but I guess that interrupt got lost along the way so the OS seemed to be in some sort a state and did not...
  3. What the power button does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What the power button does: Hello -- I had and issue the last time I restarted my computer --- I just installed an update for one of my programs and I notI hadhad to reboot I reboot the computer, but I guess that interrupt got lost along the way so the OS seemed to be in some sort a state and did not...
  4. What the power button does

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. power mode slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power mode slider: power mode slider in battery icon in taskbar is missing.. what do to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-mode-slider/a425e2e1-ecb6-4c3f-b04f-95c7ce6ad8fb
  6. Battery Power slider missing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Power slider missing.: As the title says, the battery slider in Windows 10 is missing. It was there a few days ago but today when I checked it, it wasn't. I haven't changed anything recently in the power options. I checked the internet for a fix, but all of them are nothing but "keep the power...
  7. What exactly does the new Power mode slider change?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What exactly does the new Power mode slider change?: Can some explain exactly what is being changed in the different levels of the power Mode slider? ie: Battery saver Recommended Better performance Best performance I understand the obvious that Battery Saver gives the longest battery life, and Best Performance give the...
  8. Why does power slider recommends greater power in battery than when plugged in?

Why does power slider recommends greater power in battery than when plugged in?: The Windows 10 power slider shows a recommended power setting that is higher when on battery than when plugged. The reason is not intuitive for me. Can someone explain?...
  9. Brightness slider is not appearing, what to do

Brightness slider is not appearing, what to do: The brightness slider is not appearing, what to do? Find the following picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/brightness-slider-is-not-appearing-what-to-do/6488bd3a-c753-405f-9c30-8e42c771c5c5
  10. Power Mode Slider

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Mode Slider: Since the Power Mode Slider can be set differently for Plugged In, and not Plugged In, why would I ever want it set to anything other than Best Performance when Plugged In? 100232

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does the performance slider mean in windows