Windows 10: Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10 How to Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10 The Windows performance power slider enables you to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10

How to: Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10

How to Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10

The Windows performance power slider enables you to quickly and intelligently trade performance of your system for longer battery life. As you switch between the four slider modes to trade performance for battery life (or vice versa), Windows power settings are engaged behind the scenes. You are able to customize the default slider mode for both AC and DC, and can also configure the power settings, and PPM options, that are engaged for each slider mode.

Choose the power mode that works for you and what you want to do on your Windows 10 PC. This lets you determine what is important to yougetting the best battery life, best performance, or a balance between the two.

This setting isn’t available on all Windows 10 PCs - it depends on your PC’s hardware and your PC manufacturer.

The Windows power slider is available for AMD and Intel platforms running Windows 10, power plan, or any plan that is derived from Balanced, is selected. There is not an option for either users or OEMs to remove the slider UX.

Devices that have the High Performance, Power Saver, or any OEM Recommended power plans will not be disturbed during the Windows upgrade process. If a user upgrades from a version of Windows that does not support the slider, to a version that does, there will be no change to their High Performance, Power Saver, or "OEM Recommended" power plan. These users will not see the slider UX, and they can still configure their power plans in the same way they could before upgrading.

Users will see the power slider appear only when they apply the Balanced power plan.

After the user changes to a Balanced performance plan, there is no way for them to go back to using the High Performance plan from the UI, although it is possible from the cmd line (via powercfg).

You can choose one of four power slider modes:
    • is also reduced. Battery Saver is only available on DC.
    • Better Battery - Delivers longer battery life than the default settings on previous versions of Windows. Available on both AC and DC. In some cases, users will see this mode labeled Recommended, rather than Better Battery, in their slider UI.
    • Better Performance - Default slider mode that slightly favors performance over battery life and is appropriate for users who want to tradeoff power for better performance of their apps. Available on both AC and DC.
    • Best Performance - Favors performance over power and is targeted at users who want to tradeoff power for performance and responsiveness. Available on both AC and DC.
    Game mode operates independently of the Windows performance power slider, and can be engaged in any slider mode.

For more information, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to customize the Windows performance power slider for the power mode level you want for performance and battery life in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Power Mode slider in Power icon flyout on taskbar

Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1 Click/tap on the Power icon on the taskbar.

2 Move the Power Mode slider to the Battery Saver (while on battery power), Better battery, Better Performance, or Best performance level you want. (see screenshots below)

The power mode level you select will be applied separately for when you are plugged in and for when on battery power.

Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 17, 2017
  2. Jose Est Win User

After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, I can't see other battery plans

Hi Roberto,

The reason why you can't change between Power Savings, Balanced or High Performance is because this feature has been enhanced with the Fall Creators Update. We now have a new Power Mode feature.

How to Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10 using Power Mode slider:

1. Click on the Power icon on the taskbar.

2. Move the Power Mode slider to the Battery Saver (while on battery power), Better battery, Better Performance, or Best performance level you want.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Apr 17, 2017
  3. gudboii Win User
    Power and sleep setting error!

After windows update some months back,

• my laptop automatically shuts down once it reached the low battery level, before it used to show "low battery, please plug in your charger"
    • now when i switch on the laptop its always in power saver mode, if i change the battery to balanced or high performance, once i restart it changes to power saver mode automatically.

gudboii, Apr 17, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Apr 3, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Cliff. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Power Mode

2. why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode automatically?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode automatically?: why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode every time i pluge in for charging my laptop i choose it to balanced but it automatically changes in to power efficiency mode....
  3. why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode automatically?: why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode every time i pluge in for charging my laptop i choose it to balanced but it automatically changes in to power efficiency mode....
  4. why my power mode changes into power efficiency mode automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot change Power Mode in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot change Power Mode in Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we will show you what to do if you cannot change Power Mode in Windows 11/10. Power Mode is a mix of hardware and system settings that determines how a device uses the power to get the best system performance and battery life. Windows offers three different...
  6. OEM power mode vs Windows 10 power mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OEM power mode vs Windows 10 power mode: I am confused as to which one takes precedence over the other. For example if I set my laptop to power saving on HP Command center and select best performance mode on Windows' battery indicator submitted by /u/tonystarkjr14 [link] [comments]...
  7. Change the power mode for Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change the power mode for Windows 10 PC: I have purchased a brand new dell laptop and in version of windows is 1909, I am facing issues of lagging while using laptop on battery mode, though I have changed settings to best performance for battery while this best performance working great with power plugged in. I am...
  8. How to adjust Power Mode Level in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to adjust Power Mode Level in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 PCs have four Power Mode levels namely, Battery Saver (while on battery power), Better battery (or Recommended), Better Performance, and Best performance. In this post, we will show you how to customize the Windows performance Power Slider for...
  9. Change Transparency Level of Console Window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Transparency Level of Console Window in Windows 10: How to: Change Transparency Level of Console Window in Windows 10 How to Change Transparency Level of Console Window in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux In Windows 10, users...
  10. Change Power Saving Mode of Wireless Adapters in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Power Saving Mode of Wireless Adapters in Windows 10: How to: Change Power Saving Mode of Wireless Adapters in Windows 10 How to Change Power Saving Mode of Wireless Adapters in Windows 10 The Power Saving Mode setting under Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options allows you to control the power saving mode of wireless...