Windows 10: what exactly do these commands do

Discus and support what exactly do these commands do in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; assume that router bbb is connected to router aaa and router aaa gave router bbb a bad ip address from the dhcp so all the devices that are connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cns00, Dec 19, 2019.

1. cns00 Win User

what exactly do these commands do

assume that router bbb is connected to router aaa and router aaa gave router bbb a bad ip address from the dhcp so all the devices that are connected to router bbb have no internet

after that a laptop is directly connected to router aaa by using a network wire and the following commands are typed in sequence in elevated cmd:-
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns

what exactly do these commands do? do they only affect the laptop which is connected to router aaa or they will also fix the issue of router bbb?

:)

cns00, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile what exactly do these commands do :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. what exactly do these commands do - Similar Threads - exactly commands

2. What exactly is meant by "an app is using your location"? i.e. when you see the little...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What exactly is meant by "an app is using your location"? i.e. when you see the little...: When my laptop has been sitting idle for an extended time and I return I usually see the location Icon, and every time about 30 sec to a minute into my using it the icon vanishes as if it were trying to hide. This laptop has admn with a work account and is windows 10, Teams,...
  3. What exactly is meant by "an app is using your location"? i.e. when you see the little...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What exactly is meant by "an app is using your location"? i.e. when you see the little...: When my laptop has been sitting idle for an extended time and I return I usually see the location Icon, and every time about 30 sec to a minute into my using it the icon vanishes as if it were trying to hide. This laptop has admn with a work account and is windows 10, Teams,...
  4. What exactly does this command do? "notepad textfile.txt:abc" vs "notepad textfile.txt"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What exactly does this command do? "notepad textfile.txt:abc" vs "notepad textfile.txt": Compare these two commands:"notepad textfile.txt:abc""notepad textfile.txt"Using : and some text creates a new file but not visible as a separate file, no matter what you do. You will only see one file - textfile.txt. But using the two above commands you will see two...
  5. What exactly does this command do? "notepad textfile.txt:abc" vs "notepad textfile.txt"

What exactly does this command do? "notepad textfile.txt:abc" vs "notepad textfile.txt": Compare these two commands:"notepad textfile.txt:abc""notepad textfile.txt"Using : and some text creates a new file but not visible as a separate file, no matter what you do. You will only see one file - textfile.txt. But using the two above commands you will see two...
  6. MS PowerShell: The "dir" command can't find a direct subdirectory with the exact name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS PowerShell: The "dir" command can't find a direct subdirectory with the exact name.: It's a simple error happened when executing a "dir" command to find the "+Link" directory in the "Test" directory:Windows 11, Up to date on 2022-07-13....
  7. MS PowerShell: The "dir" command can't find a direct subdirectory with the exact name.

MS PowerShell: The "dir" command can't find a direct subdirectory with the exact name.: It's a simple error happened when executing a "dir" command to find the "+Link" directory in the "Test" directory:Windows 11, Up to date on 2022-07-13....
  8. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt: MS online support assistants often show different ways to type the commands into Command Prompt: File Checking, SFC and DISM.exe 'Scan, Cleanup, Restore, etc. from Support Microsoft online assistants. Where online, can I see the correct way to type these commands?...
  9. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt: MS online support assistants often show different ways to type the commands into Command Prompt: File Checking, SFC and DISM.exe 'Scan, Cleanup, Restore, etc. from Support Microsoft online assistants. Where online, can I see the correct way to type these commands?...
  10. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt