Windows 10: What is synced to the cloud?

Discus and support What is synced to the cloud? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! This is my first proper post here, so please be gentle :). I am new to Win 10, coming from Win7. I made a backup "image" of my new Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Damun, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

What is synced to the cloud?

Hello! This is my first proper post here, so please be gentle What is synced to the cloud? :). I am new to Win 10, coming from Win7.

I made a backup "image" of my new Windows 10 instalation (with Acronis True Image), as soon as Windows was installed and activated, along with graphics drivers, mouse driver and software and windows updates. My thinking was that i could play around with Windows 10, and if i mess up, i can easily restore to that basic image i made to a fresh Windows.

The first time i restored the image i noticed that some settings were carried over to my new "fresh" Windows 10 (first thing i noticed was dark theme). As the image was stored on an external HDD, that was only hooked up during imaging, there was no way that the image itself had been changed and so these settings must have been carried over during restoration of the image. I first assumed that it was Acronis that saved some settings, but after using a restore CD to restore the image this seemed unlikely. Then i thought the settings were stored somewhere on the HDD with the Win 10 on, but even after formatting, these changes still appeared.

So i dug around and found that Windows 10 stores some settings in the cloud (here on Tenforums) and i presume that these setting are introduced as soon as I restore the image.

I followed the above article to disable some syncing, but is that all? I seem to have found a lot of "syncing" options around in "settings".

:)

Damun, Jan 10, 2020

2. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Does that mean that even if Syncing is switched off in Account settings the Edge Favorites/Reading Lists will still be synced to the cloud.
    Also, Ive noticed that I don't have an option anymore to turn off Internet Explorer favorites Syncing under Account/Sync Your Settings. Internet Explorer used to be listed there and Syncing could be turned on and off with a toggle.
    There are times when cloud data corruption can mess up Syncing your favorites lists in Edge and Internet Explorer (duplicate entries etc) so you would need to stop them automatically syncing back to your account by disabling Syncing initially while you sorted your favorites out and turning syncing back on again.
    How do you do that firstly in the Edge browser and also in Internet Exporer if required?

sportsfan148, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Asphalt 8 Airborne cloud data not sync in Windows 10 PC App

Didn't work..!!! Sync is far out. In fact the game is ruined since am not able to buy any tokens, or upgrade any of the cars.

Antonis1966, Jan 10, 2020
  4. What is synced to the cloud?

Asphalt 8 Airborne cloud data not sync in Windows 10 PC App

Hi Thimira,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What do you mean by “it was not synced with cloud data. Every time it does not connected”?

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you reset the Windows Sockets and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh winsock reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you reset the Windows firewall and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh firewall reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 3:

I suggest you to disable proxy and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck mark the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
    Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. What is synced to the cloud? - Similar Threads - synced cloud

2. Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the...: Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the latest games again and again. THIS IS THE PAID VERSION. Do something about it or refund the amount paid. And moreover it constantly states "we are having some problems connecting to the...
  3. Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the...: Ultimate word game is not syncing with the cloud. Very annoying as I have to "replay"the latest games again and again. THIS IS THE PAID VERSION. Do something about it or refund the amount paid. And moreover it constantly states "we are having some problems connecting to the...
  4. How can I resolve the issue of OneDrive not syncing at all and the cloud icon disappearing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolve the issue of OneDrive not syncing at all and the cloud icon disappearing...: Hi Support,My OneDrive is not syncing properly. The OneDrive icon in the taskbar only appears when I manually open the drive folder, and it disappears as soon as I hover over it. I have installed the newest version of OneDrive, checked for all other related updates, and tried...
  5. How can I resolve the issue of OneDrive not syncing at all and the cloud icon disappearing...

How can I resolve the issue of OneDrive not syncing at all and the cloud icon disappearing...: Hi Support,My OneDrive is not syncing properly. The OneDrive icon in the taskbar only appears when I manually open the drive folder, and it disappears as soon as I hover over it. I have installed the newest version of OneDrive, checked for all other related updates, and tried...
  6. How can I resolve the issue of OneDrive not syncing at all and the cloud icon disappearing...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sticky notes disable cloud syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky notes disable cloud syncing: Hey, new client of mine has been deploying the old post 1607 version of sticky notes to avoid deploying the store app version, however this has now stopped working. I've looked to deploy the appx version however their concern is they want to prevent it syncing to cloud, I can...
  8. Is there a way to sync files on my two laptops without using the Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to sync files on my two laptops without using the Cloud: I want to have both of my laptops have the same files at all times but the only way I can find to do that is to use the Cloud which I don't want to do for various reasons. Is there another way to do it? I have high speed Internet and a wireless router. I prefer to have my...
  9. Is there a way to sync files on my two laptops without using the Cloud

Is there a way to sync files on my two laptops without using the Cloud: I want to have both of my laptops have the same files at all times but the only way I can find to do that is to use the Cloud which I don't want to do for various reasons. Is there another way to do it? I have high speed Internet and a wireless router. I prefer to have my...
  10. Will my saved sync to the cloud if the game was purchased on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my saved sync to the cloud if the game was purchased on the Microsoft Store?: I am thinking of getting a new laptop, but I don't know if my progress made in "A Plague Tale Requiem" will be synced to the cloud or not. I purchased it through the Microsoft Store on my laptop....