Windows 10: What is the advantage of using virtual desktops over just windows?

Discus and support What is the advantage of using virtual desktops over just windows? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Very sorry if this seems a dumb question. I have never used virtual desktops and would like to know what is the advantage of using them rather than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by scrimper, Nov 13, 2015.

1. scrimper Win User

What is the advantage of using virtual desktops over just windows?

Very sorry if this seems a dumb question. I have never used virtual desktops and would like to know what is the advantage of using them rather than just separate windows, for example I might have 3 windows open, perhaps Photoshop, File explorer and Waterfox/firefox, how would it be better if each was on it's own desktop?

(I Have 2 PC's connected to 2 monitors and can use either or both on either PC so I do sometimes use multiple monitors but mostly just stick to the one 24" screen.)

:)

scrimper, Nov 13, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

What is the advantage of using email from Outlook.com as Microsoft account other than Yahoo or Gmail email?

of course you can. it makes no difference what email account you use as the Microsoft account alias.

3. 7thSense Win User
    What is the advantage of using email from Outlook.com as Microsoft account other than Yahoo or Gmail email?

You get all Microsoft services and better integration including OneDrive when you use Outlook.com.

7thSense, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Scrimper, *Smile

Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops. Create custom additional desktops to group apps for productivity, entertainment, or whatever you choose. This makes multitasking and organizing your opened apps much easier.

Basically, you can have separate desktops organized how you like with their own opened windows.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

1. What is the advantage of using virtual desktops over just windows? - Similar Threads - advantage using virtual

2. What are the advantages of using a device with 32GB of RAM for Microsoft projects?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the advantages of using a device with 32GB of RAM for Microsoft projects?: Hello everyone, I am currently considering upgrading my device's RAM to 32GB for Microsoft projects, but I am not sure if it is worth it. After doing some research, I have found some advantages of using a device with 32GB of RAM for Microsoft projects: Increased performance:...
  3. vmnn app applies to a virtual machine. what is a virtual machine. just have desktop win 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    vmnn app applies to a virtual machine. what is a virtual machine. just have desktop win 10...: what is a virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmnn-app-applies-to-a-virtual-machine-what-is-a/232b187c-1364-40b7-b258-70c2d596069e
  4. vmnn app applies to a virtual machine. what is a virtual machine. just have desktop win 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vmnn app applies to a virtual machine. what is a virtual machine. just have desktop win 10...: what is a virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmnn-app-applies-to-a-virtual-machine-what-is-a/232b187c-1364-40b7-b258-70c2d596069e
  5. vmnn app applies to a virtual machine. what is a virtual machine. just have desktop win 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a local account or Microsoft account for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a local account or Microsoft account for...: I am using a Microsoft account for Windows it is giving me some problems such as Windows accounts automatically appear on Skype appI frequently use Skype and care about privacy, both Skype Windows app and Skype Desktop app and they can't be removed. I heard to some degree...
  7. What advantages does windows 10 have over Linux?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What advantages does windows 10 have over Linux?: Curious to know. Thinking of ditching windows for Linux. submitted by /u/Yagami888 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4wikf/what_advantages_does_windows_10_have_over_linux/
  8. Using virtual desktops for taskbars

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using virtual desktops for taskbars: Is there software (or how can one use built-in functions) to display taskbar and tray fullscreen on a secondary desktop, preferably virtual? I have quite a lot of stuff there and it would be nice to be able to manage it by switching to a secondary desktop and operate from...
  9. What advantage is there in useing a proxy server?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What advantage is there in useing a proxy server?: What advantage is there to use a proxy server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-advantage-is-there-in-useing-a-proxy-server/b9bb959a-1fa0-4f27-8c7e-0780c04e7587
  10. Advantages over Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Advantages over Windows 7?: I have a 4 year old laptop that was updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last Wednesday. The recovery screen says that I have 1 month to decide whether to switch back to Windows 7 (I guess I could do it later too, but that would mean a clean install which is rather time...