Windows 10: What is the name of this old photo viewer app?

Discus and support What is the name of this old photo viewer app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, So im trying really hard to remember this old photo viewing app , maybe XP, that could view pictures like a TV wall, kind of like sideways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/madagascarmultimedia, May 25, 2020.

1. What is the name of this old photo viewer app?

Hey guys,

So im trying really hard to remember this old photo viewing app , maybe XP, that could view pictures like a TV wall, kind of like sideways and you could scroll this giant tv wall of photos. I cant remember the name of it, and most of all is it still around? Anybody remembers this app?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/madagascarmultimedia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/madagascarmultimedia, May 25, 2020
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

What is the name of this old photo viewer app? [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, May 25, 2020
  3. cheeesus Win User
    How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, May 25, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

What is the name of this old photo viewer app?

photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, May 25, 2020
Thema:

What is the name of this old photo viewer app?

1. What is the name of this old photo viewer app? - Similar Threads - name old photo

2. Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it: Made a custom Windows 10 ISO with stuff debloated, accidentally removed Photo Viewer, wanted it back, asked my friend for his Windows Photo Viewer folder, placed it in Program Files folder, restarted computer, doesn't work.I have the registry files already which enables it,...
  3. Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it: Made a custom Windows 10 ISO with stuff debloated, accidentally removed Photo Viewer, wanted it back, asked my friend for his Windows Photo Viewer folder, placed it in Program Files folder, restarted computer, doesn't work.I have the registry files already which enables it,...
  4. Windows Photo App No Longer Displays File Name in Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo App No Longer Displays File Name in Viewer: Today, with no update or settings change, my photo app no longer displays the file name at the top of the photo viewer. Instead there are several tools/icons in that place. Yesterday the viewer displayed the file name, minimize, full, and close icons.It does display if I...
  5. Windows Photo App No Longer Displays File Name in Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo App No Longer Displays File Name in Viewer: Today, with no update or settings change, my photo app no longer displays the file name at the top of the photo viewer. Instead there are several tools/icons in that place. Yesterday the viewer displayed the file name, minimize, full, and close icons.It does display if I...
  6. Photo Viewer app???

Photo Viewer app???: Hi; I updated a friends comp to win10 from win8.1, now all her pics are missing info. She swears she was using windows photo viewer and had all her pics titled and dated. This is different from file name. Win10 photo app does not show the title/Subject or date. I tried...
  7. What to use instead of Photo viewer

What to use instead of Photo viewer: What can i use instead of use instead of Photo viewer/ i use it on w7 to go through the pictures from my cctv cams ideas anyone please? 159268
  8. What to use instead of Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    What to use instead of Photo viewer: What can i use instead of use instead of Photo viewer/ i use it on w7 to go through the pictures from my cctv cams ideas anyone please? 159268
  9. Photo viewer app for Windows 10

Photo viewer app for Windows 10: Hello. So i just recently came up with the windows 10 app about photo viewing. I like how it helps you organize your pictures in albums, date taken, etc. I have a question though about that date thing. Why does it stop at 1969 when you go back? I have photos taken way before...
  10. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812