Windows 10: what is the reason for the arrangement of the windows folder tree ?

Discus and support what is the reason for the arrangement of the windows folder tree ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; you know (c:\...\...\...) why couldn't it be something like this: _____________________________________________________________ my computer ( c:\ )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mc-bob, Jul 28, 2019.

1. mc-bob Win User

what is the reason for the arrangement of the windows folder tree ?

you know (c:\...\...\...)

why couldn't it be something like this:

my computer ( c:\ )

|

|----user1 ( desktop )

| |----music

| |----programs

|

|----user2 ( desktop )

| |----empty directory waiting to be filled

|

|----user3 ( desktop )

| |----empty directory waiting to be filled

|

|

|

|---the operating system and settings files ( hidden directory )

|----weird stuff

|----other weird stuff

this solves a variety of problems including:

* long paths.

* keeping a clean working environment.

* separating the user from the operating systems essential files.

* keeping track of installed software.

* easy uninstall.

* easy file navigation.

* the general feeling of no control over the computer and random junk that piles up over time.

:)

mc-bob, Jul 28, 2019

2. Folder tree windows 10

How should the folder & file tree be arranged in windows explorer?

Mr. B. Movie, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping that it would work but this only saves the folder views, not the actual icon positions. Actually, I can get the folder view to save to the same exact folder view. But for some reason, the icon arrangement changes after a while.

For example, I'll have an Windows folder opened titled, "Project Site Alpha". And, I'll have all the different project task lists arranged in a pyramid shape. The more important tasks lists are arranged higher up.

As I open other folders and come back, the arrangement sticks. But, if I go to too many different windows, folders, open applications, this pyramid icon arrangement starts to change. Sometimes an icon moves one grid to the right. Don't know why. It just does. Soon, the icons are scatterred.

I want to rip my hair out! Help me please. I'm about to throw my computer out the window. PLEASE!!!@

CerebralFreeze, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Arrange the pinned Folders

Drag and drop them within Quick Access/Navigation Pane and they will re-arrange themselves in the Taskbar jump list...

what is the reason for the arrangement of the windows folder tree ? [​IMG]

what is the reason for the arrangement of the windows folder tree ? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. what is the reason for the arrangement of the windows folder tree ? - Similar Threads - reason arrangement folder

2. Display Folder Tree in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Folder Tree in Windows 11: Hi,I have a drive that has numerous folders and subfolders and I would like to display the entire folder structure with a single click rather than having to click hundreds of folders individually to show their subfolders. I've searched the internet and youtube and have not...
  3. Display Folder Tree in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Folder Tree in Windows 11: Hi,I have a drive that has numerous folders and subfolders and I would like to display the entire folder structure with a single click rather than having to click hundreds of folders individually to show their subfolders. I've searched the internet and youtube and have not...
  4. Folder Tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Tree: I did it again. While trying to unhook from onedrive, I ended up with a Music icon on a new D drive folder with folders under it where they don't belong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-tree/52e32790-a365-48cb-b079-99b63eae60fc
  5. Folder Tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Tree: I did it again. While trying to unhook from onedrive, I ended up with a Music icon on a new D drive folder with folders under it where they don't belong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-tree/52e32790-a365-48cb-b079-99b63eae60fc
  6. Disabling auto arrange in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling auto arrange in folders: When is Microsoft going to let its users disable auto arrange in folders? I am not talking about the desktop here. All my files etc. that are in Folders are being aligned automatically and I want to move them around freely wherever I want. I could do this in Windows XP...
  7. Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?: Anyone know of a setting/hack/freeware that will alphabetically arrange the folder thumbnails displayed on clickiing the FE icon? [img] I think they are currently arranged by order of opening. Sometimes I have 15-20 open and quickly locating the one I need can be...
  8. Can't arrange folders by date

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't arrange folders by date: This seems like an easy one at first but not for me. I get play memories to download my photo's from my camera to the computer and it stores them all in a folder called camera photos. When looking at the sperate folders arranged by the date they are all out of order. I have...
  9. Windows Explorer folder arrangement

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer folder arrangement: Hi- I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when I am viewing my photo library in Windows Explorer, I can no longer get the photos grouped by month. The "sort by" and "group by" menus are identical (name, date, type, size, ascending, descending, more) as opposed to how it was...
  10. Arrange the pinned Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange the pinned Folders: Hello,This is a quick question here (thanks). I just wanna ask how can I arrange my selected folders when I right-click the "File Explorer" in the taskar of Win 10 Pro? I usually can arrange them in Win 8.1 Pro but in Win 10 I can't move them. Can they be moved like...