Windows 10: What is this (in Settings)?

Discus and support What is this (in Settings)? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was checking settings today and saw this under Privacy>Calendar: [img] This is on my desktop with Pro; not sure if it's on my laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skiahh, Sep 9, 2016.

1. skiahh Win User

What is this (in Settings)?

I was checking settings today and saw this under Privacy>Calendar:

What is this (in Settings)? [​IMG]

This is on my desktop with Pro; not sure if it's on my laptop with Home.

I don't see the Windows icon for any other permissions or anywhere else in settings. And, being black and white, makes me a bit suspicious about it... whether it is, indeed, a component of Windows or something else.

:)

skiahh, Sep 9, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge - Settings - what is this text box for?

can anyone explain what goes in this box? I was trying to figure out how to set my home page in Microsoft Edge - apparently it is a difficult feature to reach... I went to Settings, Advanced and saw this box with "about:start" in it - good UI for users to
    see What is this (in Settings)? :) - perhaps we are teaching every day users about methods and classes now?

BrianPhillips_1966, Sep 9, 2016
  3. SeanBryan Win User
    Microsoft Edge - Settings - what is this text box for?

It's used to type in the web address that you want as your home page .

SeanBryan, Sep 9, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Me, too. Think it's always been there. Unless somebody else knows differently, I would not be concerned.

f14tomcat, Sep 9, 2016
  5. Ray14120 Win User
    Good question,...

I've been wondering about that setting, for some time. I have the win 10 home edition. I've never had it turned on.

Ray14120, Sep 9, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    On my Insider Win 10 Pro install it's set to On. I'll check my Home version the next time I use my other computer.

Winuser, Sep 9, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    It's to show or hide your 'Agenda' on the bottom of the Clock/Calendar.
    (I should have stated: "to enable or disable the entire feature")

Edwin, Sep 9, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

That's nice and obscure! Nice find, Edwin.

f14tomcat, Sep 9, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    I think @Brink wrote a tutorial for it, but I can't find it.
    Pretty basic stuff though.

Edwin, Sep 9, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. What is this (in Settings)? - Similar Threads - Settings

2. set login timeout for organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    set login timeout for organization: set login timeout for organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-login-timeout-for-organization/95438f0a-f156-4458-a782-6ed7e582e7aa
  3. set login timeout for organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set login timeout for organization: set login timeout for organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-login-timeout-for-organization/95438f0a-f156-4458-a782-6ed7e582e7aa
  4. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H + GTX 1650 Ti and 120hz screen. I'm glad that the screen is always operating as the spec said, 120 hz. The issue is I cannot find any option to lower the screen Refresh Rate RR for short. Why do I want to lower my...
  5. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H + GTX 1650 Ti and 120hz screen. I'm glad that the screen is always operating as the spec said, 120 hz. The issue is I cannot find any option to lower the screen Refresh Rate RR for short. Why do I want to lower my...
  6. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

7. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  8. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  9. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  10. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...