Windows 10: What is this (in Settings)?

Discus and support What is this (in Settings)? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was checking settings today and saw this under Privacy>Calendar: [img] This is on my desktop with Pro; not sure if it's on my laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skiahh, Sep 9, 2016.

1. skiahh Win User

What is this (in Settings)?

I was checking settings today and saw this under Privacy>Calendar:

What is this (in Settings)? [​IMG]

This is on my desktop with Pro; not sure if it's on my laptop with Home.

I don't see the Windows icon for any other permissions or anywhere else in settings. And, being black and white, makes me a bit suspicious about it... whether it is, indeed, a component of Windows or something else.

:)

skiahh, Sep 9, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge - Settings - what is this text box for?

can anyone explain what goes in this box? I was trying to figure out how to set my home page in Microsoft Edge - apparently it is a difficult feature to reach... I went to Settings, Advanced and saw this box with "about:start" in it - good UI for users to
    see What is this (in Settings)? :) - perhaps we are teaching every day users about methods and classes now?

BrianPhillips_1966, Sep 9, 2016
  3. SeanBryan Win User
    Microsoft Edge - Settings - what is this text box for?

It's used to type in the web address that you want as your home page .

SeanBryan, Sep 9, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Me, too. Think it's always been there. Unless somebody else knows differently, I would not be concerned.

f14tomcat, Sep 9, 2016
  5. Ray14120 Win User
    Good question,...

I've been wondering about that setting, for some time. I have the win 10 home edition. I've never had it turned on.

Ray14120, Sep 9, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    On my Insider Win 10 Pro install it's set to On. I'll check my Home version the next time I use my other computer.

Winuser, Sep 9, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    It's to show or hide your 'Agenda' on the bottom of the Clock/Calendar.
    (I should have stated: "to enable or disable the entire feature")

Edwin, Sep 9, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

That's nice and obscure! Nice find, Edwin.

f14tomcat, Sep 9, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    I think @Brink wrote a tutorial for it, but I can't find it.
    Pretty basic stuff though.

Edwin, Sep 9, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. What is this (in Settings)? - Similar Threads - Settings

2. Taskbar settings option missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar settings option missing: When I right click on the taskbar, there is no "taskbar settings" option, what should I do? I use windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings-option-missing/ee1fb0b6-af29-4cee-9eb8-a02ffec29c5a
  3. Error code when trying to set up Yahoo and Gmail accounts in Windows Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code when trying to set up Yahoo and Gmail accounts in Windows Mail App: I get error code 0x8019019a for Yahoo and 0x80070490 for Gmail.I would prefer not to reset the app if possible, since I also have a university email account SOGo on the same app that took me hours to set up.Thanks in advance for your help....
  4. Unable to access the "Sound Settings"

Unable to access the "Sound Settings": I recently got a new acer laptop. The laptop was good but was freezing whenever i opened something. I then did a windows updateas recommended by youtube videos it fixed the freezing...however, it caused a new problem. I am able to open settings but i can't access the sound...
  5. My laptop cannot connect to bluetooth and there is no button to turn it on in settings?

My laptop cannot connect to bluetooth and there is no button to turn it on in settings?: so far i have tried all the following steps:1. Run Bluetooth TroubleshooterType troubleshoot in Windows Starts Search box Cortana > Troubleshoot > Click Bluetooth and run the troubleshooter2. Take actions related to Bluetooth driverWindows Key+X > Click Device Manager >...
  6. My default apps Preventing MS from changing settings

in Windows 10 Support
    My default apps Preventing MS from changing settings: I use Irfanview 64 bit as my default image viewer app. It has been a while since I tried accessing my images. Today I noticed that the tools menu was missing from this app. I finally figured out that the toolbar skin had been changed from Default to some other setting. I went...
  7. In Outlook 2010, The Published Calendar settings limits timespan to 3 months of forward...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Outlook 2010, The Published Calendar settings limits timespan to 3 months of forward...: In Outlook 2010 The Published Calendar settings limits timespan to 3 months of forward events.This is completely ridiculous since I use my NAS as a WebDav server to distribute all my calendar data to my IOS devices. Does anyone know of any HACK in the registry to get around...
  8. Multi-Volume set error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multi-Volume set error: I've been getting a bunch of errors that look like this whenever I do something with a zip folder, or sometimes other things since I'm not too entirely certain of the cause, in my USB Drive E:. When I take it out and then put it back in, I'm prompted to repair it and I click...
  9. How to change Closed Caption settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Closed Caption settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Closed Caption is a feature in Windows 10 that lets you read words spoken in the audio portion of a video, TV show, or movie. The Closed Caption in windows is excellent for people that are deaf, so instead of hearing, they can read the words on the screen. In Windows...
  10. Advanced display settings shows 6 bit colour depth with AMD vega-8 graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advanced display settings shows 6 bit colour depth with AMD vega-8 graphics: I have a Honor MagicBook laptop. Advanced display settings shows the colour depth as 6 bit when all the display drivers amd are installed. The colour looks washed out for some reason. If I remove the driver and go back to Microsoft Basic driver, it shows 8 bit and the colour...