Windows 10: What's w/ Hyper-V?

Discus and support What's w/ Hyper-V? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started with 19582. Suddenly have no sign-in info box for PIN no blurry screen IF & WHEN Enhanced Mode is used. NOW, only goes without Enhanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Drew1903, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Drew1903 Win User

What's w/ Hyper-V?

This started with 19582. Suddenly have no sign-in info box for PIN no blurry screen IF & WHEN Enhanced Mode is used. NOW, only goes without Enhanced Mode. This has never been the case in the past. Why now & how can the situation get back to 'normal', back to using Enhanced Mode?

582 to 587 would not go. Using 19041 ISO & then to 587... it did this with 19041, also. Had to go without Enhanced Mode, again, now, with it, as well.

Cheers,
    Drew
    What's w/ Hyper-V? 302e29a7-bafc-45dd-b06e-2081b74ea7a4?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Mar 19, 2020

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

What's w/ Hyper-V?

Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

Thema:

What's w/ Hyper-V?

1. What's w/ Hyper-V? - Similar Threads - What's Hyper

2. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...: event ID 400, 410. 420 Kernel-PnP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-keep-installing-hyper-v-ethernet-even/5e8246f1-148e-4f9f-90ef-da23a95c3d64
  3. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...: event ID 400, 410. 420 Kernel-PnP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-keep-installing-hyper-v-ethernet-even/5e8246f1-148e-4f9f-90ef-da23a95c3d64
  4. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What is the Difference Between Hyper-V and CPU/Hardware Virtualization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Difference Between Hyper-V and CPU/Hardware Virtualization?: copy pasting this from Microsoft Learn forums because answers may be more common here;in regard to Virtual Machines, I am aware that you need to enable Virtualization in the Bios, which is related to the CPU; however, there's also Hyper-V within Windows itselfwhat's the...
  6. What is the Difference Between Hyper-V and CPU/Hardware Virtualization?

What is the Difference Between Hyper-V and CPU/Hardware Virtualization?: copy pasting this from Microsoft Learn forums because answers may be more common here;in regard to Virtual Machines, I am aware that you need to enable Virtualization in the Bios, which is related to the CPU; however, there's also Hyper-V within Windows itselfwhat's the...
  7. What is the Difference Between Hyper-V and CPU/Hardware Virtualization?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines?: what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-relationship-between-host-machine-ram/6f6840d9-ff87-4c8b-b4ca-c37c816f02ec
  9. what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines?

what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines?: what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-relationship-between-host-machine-ram/6f6840d9-ff87-4c8b-b4ca-c37c816f02ec
  10. What happened? I just made an ISO from anyburn and this gets displayed on my Hyper V VM.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happened? I just made an ISO from anyburn and this gets displayed on my Hyper V VM.: What gets displayed: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-i-just-made-an-iso-from-anyburn-and/c0b8664b-578c-499b-8ae6-c151f246304d