Windows 10: when a file is removed windows 10 doesn't remove the related shortcuts

Discus and support when a file is removed windows 10 doesn't remove the related shortcuts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Did it never occur to designers that recent would be considerably more useful if it didn't have so much OBSOLETE junk in it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobR2k, Aug 22, 2019.

1. BobR2k Win User

when a file is removed windows 10 doesn't remove the related shortcuts

Did it never occur to designers that recent would be considerably more useful if it didn't have so much OBSOLETE junk in it?

:)

BobR2k, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Aug 22, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

when a file is removed windows 10 doesn't remove the related shortcuts [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 22, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

1. when a file is removed windows 10 doesn't remove the related shortcuts - Similar Threads - file removed doesn't

2. How to remove shortcuts and files in only desktop 2 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove shortcuts and files in only desktop 2 in Windows 10: Normally Windows 10 can run multiply tabs.but when i open another tab it still remain desktop icons in desktop 1.I want to remove all stuff in desktop 2. ONLY IN DESKTOP 2Please help me. Thank You....
  3. REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON IT

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON IT: Hi , How do I remove default -shortcut written on it . [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-shortcut-written-on-it/f69ce70b-b802-4b2a-9abd-91d32f9d7be1
  4. Deleting files doesn't remove them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files doesn't remove them: I installed Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 into a secondary SSD drive G: and MFS creates a symbolic link to the installation location in C: I deleted some mods I had in the custom folder. But when I wanted to use the mods again it asked me if I wanted to replace them as if...
  5. Remove - Shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove - Shortcut: So when I right-click a file and click send to → desktop, is there a feature that stops it from renaming it from "programname" to "programname - shortcut" I know I could just select all the files and use bulk rename utility to remove the last 11 characters but I wondered if...
  6. Shortcut removal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shortcut removal: Hi recently my keyboard completely broke. When I press CTRL it goes into full screen for no reason, the shift becomes an enter, the backspace only deletes one letter no matter how long I held onto it. This happened all of a sudden for completely no reason at all....
  7. Halo: MCC Windows 10 doesn't remove game files when uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Halo: MCC Windows 10 doesn't remove game files when uninstalled?: Hi, Whenever I try and uninstall Halo: MCC from my Windows 10 PC, the game removed itself from the Xbox app and the Start menu, but doesn't release the space? I have located the game files in G:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Chelan_1.1520.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe and a second...
  8. How to remove shortcuts and files for a user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove shortcuts and files for a user: My brother is usinh my computer, but all my shortcuts in desktop appear to him, and when i move them to the trashcan, they disappear from my desktop too. How can i remove the shortcuts (and maybe the programs itself) for only one user? submitted by /u/Narguis [link]...
  9. Removal of EVERYTHING Xbox-related.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of EVERYTHING Xbox-related.: How do I remove EVERYTHING Xbox-related from my Windows 10 system? I did a Clean Install of 10 not long ago. I remember when I first upgraded to 10 from 7 that right-clicking the Xbox entry on the Start Menu & selecting Uninstall didn't help & that there are lots of other...
  10. Remove shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove shortcut arrows: How do we remove those desktop shortcut arrows? Is there a quick way w/o digging into the registry? I don't see it in the latest UWT. Thanks *Wink 113829