Windows 10: When creating a USB installer, the media creator keeps freezing.

Discus and support When creating a USB installer, the media creator keeps freezing. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, i recently got a new laptop that doesn't have an OS, so i'm attempting to use the media creation tool 1909 to turn a USB which is 8GB into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheHammyYammy, Mar 28, 2020.

1. When creating a USB installer, the media creator keeps freezing.

So, i recently got a new laptop that doesn't have an OS, so i'm attempting to use the media creation tool 1909 to turn a USB which is 8GB into a windows 10 installer, but whenever I attempt to do so, the tool will always stops in the process at a random percentage, i don't mean stops for a few minutes, i mean an hour with no change, so i close the program and try again, but it just does the same thing, i've done this 10 times now and i don't know why it keeps happening.

:)

TheHammyYammy, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. When creating a USB installer, the media creator keeps freezing.

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media for your new computer and we appreciate you for providing us the information and the screenshot. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the free space on the USB?
    • Are you trying to perform a clean installation or an upgrade on the new computer?

However, we would suggest you to refer the steps point by point as mentioned under
    “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC”,
    in this website:
    Download Windows 10
    and check if you are able to create the bootable media.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

When creating a USB installer, the media creator keeps freezing.

1. When creating a USB installer, the media creator keeps freezing. - Similar Threads - creating USB installer

2. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  3. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  4. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. media creator install failed

media creator install failed: I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 using media creator tool. I get a error message install failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-install-failed/1f4e35a2-b2b6-4b0e-88bb-63af5440686f
  6. media creator install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creator install failed: I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 using media creator tool. I get a error message install failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-install-failed/1f4e35a2-b2b6-4b0e-88bb-63af5440686f
  7. media creator install failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.

Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.: Hi, I am trying to create Windows 10 Media on USB, "Scandisk 64GB", but it keeps failing. I googled many times, tried the ways showed on Youtube, but none of them worked. I can try to run exe.file on USB, but it shows error code, "0x80080005 - 0x90018". Please kindly...
  9. Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB: Dear Sir/Madam, Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB =============================================== Over the pass few month, my computers had been being mess up, files missing, password protected files (7z files 15 chars pwd) being openned, more than ten...
  10. Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB: Dear Sir/Madam, Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB =============================================== Over the pass months, my computers had been being files mess up, files missing, password protected files being opened (7z files 15 chars pwd), more than ten...