Windows 10: When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special...

Discus and support When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I remember being able to find special characters, such as Ω and σ, in the emoji panel. Now I don't know whether it's due to an update, but I can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Festorm, May 1, 2019.

1. Festorm Win User

When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special...

I remember being able to find special characters, such as Ω and σ, in the emoji panel. Now I don't know whether it's due to an update, but I can't find them there.

Since I use the Chinese keyboard also, I have no problem finding these when I press Ctrl + Shift + E.

Please help.

:)

Festorm, May 1, 2019
  2. Geosammy Win User

Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

@Brink

Hi
    I tried your suggested test and nothing happens.
    The emoji panel did not open.*Sad

Note:
    This was also occurring prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, May 1, 2019
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open

Hi All,
    I also posted this same question here...
    Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

Anyway,

I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open,
    using either Win + period, or Win + semicolon key's.

I've done a system file check and no integrity violations were found.

Is there a know service, that needs to be turned on/running for this to work?
    Or maybe there's a setting I've overlooked, or perhaps turned off?

Any suggestion on how to correct this issue, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

As a side note:
    The emoji panel use to open as intended, but now it doesn't.
    It also did not function, prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, May 1, 2019
  4. Thanatica Win User

When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special...

Insert emoji/special characters anywhere

so, I have to admit it. On OSX there's a hotkey which makes a popup appear that has all kinds of specials characters and emoji the user can instantly insert into any text-ish field. I'm not familiar with OSX, but I know this one by accident.

Can Windows 10 please have something like that as well?

The touch keybaord isn't really suitable for this, for four reasons:

1) It's too far away from a text field

2) It's too touch-optimized, making it feel silly to operate with a mouse

3) Pressing any physical key makes it dissapear

4) It doesn't contain very many special characters at all, it's only "good" for emoji

So, press some kind of hotkey, like Win+something, and then a small popup appears at the caret position, which may or may not be similar to charmap. But without charmap's hassle of having to dig through *everything* and copypasting it.

Thanatica, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special... - Similar Threads - pressed Key emoji

2. Disable emoji panel windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable emoji panel windows 10: I want to disable Emoji Panel for absolutely good. I press winkey + L to lock pc, but often I accidentally press winkey + ; and the emoji panel will appear. How annoying and intrusive! I worked so hard to slap each locale in regedit with...
  3. I need help adding ➕ custom emoji's to the winkey + period emoji panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help adding ➕ custom emoji's to the winkey + period emoji panel: Windows 10 Home 1909 I found a github post that confirmed to me this is possible: "So I successfully got color emojis to be added to the segoe ui symbol font on Win7. I cleared out the font of everything above 0xFFFF using FontForge, then modified SCFBuild to take in the...
  4. when pressed, @ symbol appears as "

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    when pressed, @ symbol appears as ": My Language is not switched to UK. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. Please help quickly. submitted by /u/TheHamiltrash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f026x1/when_pressed_symbol_appears_as/
  5. Windows make a beep when I press the Caps and some other special keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows make a beep when I press the Caps and some other special keys: I have been looking for an answer to my question and I wonder if this will help anyone, it did not for me, I am glad did not go updating drivers or anything. This is the link for the video I found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yS6JyBgvTs It is simply go to Start >...
  6. Special Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Special Keys: How do I attach a letter series to a key or combination of keys so that when the key is hit the letter series will be inserted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/special-keys/e68c8d82-175f-4533-aa56-e6adabd25606
  7. Emoji keyboard no longer appears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emoji keyboard no longer appears: Windows 10 starts differently every day, a problem it has had since the beginning. Many of those examples are recorded here. The latest: how do you get the emoji selection? Yesterday it was the Windows key and the full stop (period). This combination no longer works. What has...
  8. Emoji panel replaced some emojis with blank squares.

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji panel replaced some emojis with blank squares.: The emoji panel of the Win10 touch keyboard has lost several emojis and replaced them with empty squares. They were all there a few days ago. What gives? [img] [img] 116391
  9. Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10: How to: Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 How to Enter Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 Emoji are ideograms and smileys used in electronic messages and Web pages. Emoji are used much like emoticons and exist in...
  10. Tones When Pressing Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Tones When Pressing Keys: Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have progressively lower pitch, immediately followed by a four-tone signal, which have progressively higher pitch. This is the same...