Windows 10: When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special...

Discus and support When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I remember being able to find special characters, such as Ω and σ, in the emoji panel. Now I don't know whether it's due to an update, but I can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Festorm, May 1, 2019.

1. Festorm Win User

When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special...

I remember being able to find special characters, such as Ω and σ, in the emoji panel. Now I don't know whether it's due to an update, but I can't find them there.

Since I use the Chinese keyboard also, I have no problem finding these when I press Ctrl + Shift + E.

Please help.

:)

Festorm, May 1, 2019
  2. Geosammy Win User

Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

@Brink

Hi
    I tried your suggested test and nothing happens.
    The emoji panel did not open.*Sad

Note:
    This was also occurring prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, May 1, 2019
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open

Hi All,
    I also posted this same question here...
    Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

Anyway,

I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open,
    using either Win + period, or Win + semicolon key's.

I've done a system file check and no integrity violations were found.

Is there a know service, that needs to be turned on/running for this to work?
    Or maybe there's a setting I've overlooked, or perhaps turned off?

Any suggestion on how to correct this issue, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

As a side note:
    The emoji panel use to open as intended, but now it doesn't.
    It also did not function, prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, May 1, 2019
  4. Thanatica Win User

When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special...

Insert emoji/special characters anywhere

so, I have to admit it. On OSX there's a hotkey which makes a popup appear that has all kinds of specials characters and emoji the user can instantly insert into any text-ish field. I'm not familiar with OSX, but I know this one by accident.

Can Windows 10 please have something like that as well?

The touch keybaord isn't really suitable for this, for four reasons:

1) It's too far away from a text field

2) It's too touch-optimized, making it feel silly to operate with a mouse

3) Pressing any physical key makes it dissapear

4) It doesn't contain very many special characters at all, it's only "good" for emoji

So, press some kind of hotkey, like Win+something, and then a small popup appears at the caret position, which may or may not be similar to charmap. But without charmap's hassle of having to dig through *everything* and copypasting it.

Thanatica, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. When I pressed Windows Key + ., the emoji panel appeared, but there are no special... - Similar Threads - pressed Key emoji

2. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  3. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  4. Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis: The emoji panel in Windows 10 That displays when we press the keys Windows + Period in a text editor displays different emojis ever since I installed a lot of fonts at once. Then I tried uninstalling those fonts, until I had just the default Windows fonts, however the emoji...
  5. Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis: The emoji panel in Windows 10 That displays when we press the keys Windows + Period in a text editor displays different emojis ever since I installed a lot of fonts at once. Then I tried uninstalling those fonts, until I had just the default Windows fonts, however the emoji...
  6. NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL: Hellow I have a problem with emoji panel it is not opening in my latest windows version preview v20H2 but it works in this version before resetting my pc when i press shortcut key "windows + ." so please help me my keyboard is set to English us and region is on US but there...
  7. NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL: Hellow I have a problem with emoji panel it is not opening in my latest windows version preview v20H2 but it works in this version before resetting my pc when i press shortcut key "windows + ." so please help me my keyboard is set to English us and region is on US but there...
  8. Issues with the emoji panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with the emoji panel: I didn't know where to post this so if I posted in the wrong category I'm sorry. As the title says I have a problem with the emoji panel in Windows 10. The app opens fine, but I can't insert any emoji anywhere. Does anyone else have this issue? If so how did you fix it? 162731
  9. Emoji panel problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emoji panel problem: Just found out about this nice addition, yet I cannot use it. The panel shows up correctly after I press Win+. but after that, when I click on any emoji, it simply doesn't work, the text remains empty. I'm using windows 10 2004 build 19041 (everything updated, I just checked...
  10. Windows make a beep when I press the Caps and some other special keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows make a beep when I press the Caps and some other special keys: I have been looking for an answer to my question and I wonder if this will help anyone, it did not for me, I am glad did not go updating drivers or anything. This is the link for the video I found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yS6JyBgvTs It is simply go to Start >...