Windows 10: When using HDMI, forced to lock screen

Discus and support When using HDMI, forced to lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys. Recently updated to Windows 10, and I watch a lot of tv through my laptop by HDMI to my HDTV. Before with Windows 7, I NEVER had an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JakeHeinlein15, Dec 24, 2015.

1. When using HDMI, forced to lock screen

Hey guys. Recently updated to Windows 10, and I watch a lot of tv through my laptop by HDMI to my HDTV. Before with Windows 7, I NEVER had an issue like this.

After somewhere around 15-20 minutes of the HDMI being plugged in and watching via my TV, the computer locks itself. It goes to a black screen and "disconnects" from the HDMI input. BUT the programs keep running, but I can't see or hear them since it doesn't go back to laptop input. To bring it back I have to click the mousepad and it brings me right to asking for my password. How do I stop the laptop from ever locking while I'm watching or streaming through HDMI? It doesn't do it when it's playing straight off the laptop...

:)

JakeHeinlein15, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Ulieq Win User

Windows 10 - No Sound after lock screen

After my computer goes to the lock screen, and I am forced to reenter password to go to the desktop, I never have sound, and am forced to restart the computer to regain sound. This only happens after coming out of the lock screen. It doesn't matter path
    to lock screen. It could be revering from sleep mode, or it could be recovering from me changing the channel and w10 recognizing I changed channel and forcing lock screen.

Regardless, I am unable to fix this. It is definitely a windows 10 issue, no drivers have made any change to this. This issue was not present on windows 7. This happens on all version of and only windows 10, including insider programs.

The error is that another program is using the device.

z87mx Gigabyte board

Intel 4690k

r9 285 radeon - hdmi to tv.

Ulieq, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Force Display Output via HDMI Port

Windows 10 Question: The goal is to display two screens (same video screen) from the computer to two projectors for a presentation using Power Point Slides. Attaching to one projector works fine, but when I attach a HDMI splitter to hook up the second
    projector, the computer no longer detects the display and will use the HDMI port as an output.

Thus, can you force a video output from the HDMI port using Windows 10.

MS KY User, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Wullail Win User

When using HDMI, forced to lock screen

Have you checked the screen saver options under control panel , check it's not been toggled on when you switch to HDMI , there's a tickbox there too that tells the laptop to go to the login screen when the display is resumed which might explain the login coming up.

Wullail, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Both are off, when in LCD and HDMI mode.

JakeHeinlein15, Dec 26, 2015
  6. Juicetean Win User
    Juicetean, Dec 28, 2015
  7. Juice, I followed the link and already had all of those settings applied on my computer. Also, graphics driver:

AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.50Hz

When I go to Windows Update, it says there is nothing left to update. Can I manually find if this driver does need to be updated but Windows just doesn't recognize that?

JakeHeinlein15, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

When using HDMI, forced to lock screen

1. When using HDMI, forced to lock screen - Similar Threads - using HDMI forced

2. Screen locking when i use the num pad

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen locking when i use the num pad: Hello !My screen is locking when i'm using my num pad and sometimes randomly. It does it when I use the « + », « - », « enter/= » on the num pad and on some other keys on the num pad and sometimes it just does it randomly. I've look around, restarted my keyboard to default,...
  3. Screen locking when i use the num pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking when i use the num pad: Hello !My screen is locking when i'm using my num pad and sometimes randomly. It does it when I use the « + », « - », « enter/= » on the num pad and on some other keys on the num pad and sometimes it just does it randomly. I've look around, restarted my keyboard to default,...
  4. Screen locking when i use the num pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disable screen saver when using HDMI in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable screen saver when using HDMI in Windows 11: I normally want my screen saver to come on after a few minutes of inactivity, but I need to give presentations where I run slides from my computer to a projector through HDMI. In these latter cases, it's really inconvenient to have the screen shut off if I don't touch...
  6. Disable screen saver when using HDMI in Windows 11

Disable screen saver when using HDMI in Windows 11: I normally want my screen saver to come on after a few minutes of inactivity, but I need to give presentations where I run slides from my computer to a projector through HDMI. In these latter cases, it's really inconvenient to have the screen shut off if I don't touch...
  7. attenuation forced on when using edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    attenuation forced on when using edge: whenever edge is the active app my volume is reduced by 80%, as set up, but this still happens after this sound > communications feature was disabled and device restarted, why does this keep being forced on while using edge, and how do i stop this from happening...
  8. attenuation forced on when using edge

attenuation forced on when using edge: whenever edge is the active app my volume is reduced by 80%, as set up, but this still happens after this sound > communications feature was disabled and device restarted, why does this keep being forced on while using edge, and how do i stop this from happening...
  9. Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable: The laptop screen goes black when I am trying to connect it to my Samsung monitor using HDMI cable. This issue occurs when HDMI cable is plugged in...
  10. Computer forces me to login screen when locked instead of lock.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer forces me to login screen when locked instead of lock.: When I try to lock it, it sometimes forces me to the login screen rather than the lock screen. There is a delay before it forces me back. First before posting: I made sure it is able to go to lock after sleep. 43720

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi tv pc lock screen disconnects