Windows 10: where do i go to unmeter a connection

Discus and support where do i go to unmeter a connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; where do i go to unmeter a connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jayruiz1, Apr 3, 2019.

1. jayruiz1 Win User

where do i go to unmeter a connection

:)

jayruiz1, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Getting metered connection warnings/notifications on unmetered connection.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the exact error message/notification you see in the action center?

Request you to attach the screenshots of the error messages/notifications and Windows 10 network settings window in reply to this post to help us understand the issue in a better way and suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Please ensure that you do not capture any personal information (Like phone number, email etc.) while taking the screenshots.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Meanwhile I suggest to check if the data limits are set for your Wi-Fi connection.

• Go to Settings->Network & Internet->Data usage.
    • Select the network connection (your Wi-Fi) under
      Show settings for, and then select
      Remove limit > Remove
    • Also ensure that you are signed in with the account that has administrator rights. To check, go to:
      Settings->Accounts->Your info.
    • Look under your account name and see if it says
      Administrator.

Some applications might work differently on metered/unmetered connections. It might be possible that the computer is trying to update the printer drivers, I would suggest to check with the following settings and see if it makes any difference.

• Go to Settings->Devices->Printers & scanners.
    • Select the printer and make sure Download over metered connections
      is set to On (checked).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 3, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 3, 2019
  4. tcdean Win User

metered to unmetered

I have a metered broadband but my system is set to unmetered . how do I change that setting?

tcdean, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. where do i go to unmeter a connection - Similar Threads - where unmeter connection

2. where do i go to find a screenshot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where do i go to find a screenshot: Where do i go to find a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-find-a-screenshot/e8daa79b-c929-4e7c-8060-89f0e9e7d99b
  3. where do i go to find a screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do i go to find a screenshot: Where do i go to find a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-find-a-screenshot/e8daa79b-c929-4e7c-8060-89f0e9e7d99b
  4. where do i go to find a screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i want to write a letter, where to I go to do that

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to write a letter, where to I go to do that: I want to write a letter, how do i do that and what do i use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-write-a-letter-where-to-i-go-to-do-that/ed1f26f6-1780-4594-ad89-abdaabf7bd5c
  6. Where do files go?

Where do files go?: Hello I accidently deleted Program files folder on my secondary HDD, which had just application data, I recovered 90 percent of it with Recuva, and have it on a external HDD, now my issue is where and how can I find where to put them cause its just a bunch of unorganized...
  7. Getting metered connection warnings/notifications on unmetered connection.

Getting metered connection warnings/notifications on unmetered connection.: Recently purchased a new PC with Windows 10. I am now seeing messages in several places about having a metered connection. I checked the WiFi settings and the setting is turned to off for a metered connection yet the PC is still telling me the connection is metered in my...
  8. where do i go to find the qmail app

where do i go to find the qmail app: I am new to windows 10. where do i go to find the qmail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-find-the-qmail-app/5ce306fb-027e-49c5-89d4-1df155f15b6d
  9. Where do copies go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where do copies go?: Just a simple question. In my Documents Directory, I can select an individual file or a folder with multiple files in it. If I right click on it, I get the option to Copy (among others). If I choose Copy, nothing seems to happen ? Did it copy? And if it did where did they...
  10. Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10: How to: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10 [img] Information A metered connection is an Internet connection that has a data limit associated with it. Cellular data connections are set as metered by default. Wi-Fi and Ethernet network connections...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to unmeter my internet connection

2. unmeter my computer