Windows 10: Where is the app auto start menu so I can have programs open on start

Discus and support Where is the app auto start menu so I can have programs open on start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; like on Win 7 or XP, I used to have three or four programs/apps like Windows Mail and Word that used to auto start when I booted up Windows. 85589 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jakester, May 28, 2017.

1. jakester Win User

Where is the app auto start menu so I can have programs open on start

like on Win 7 or XP, I used to have three or four programs/apps like Windows Mail and Word that used to auto start when I booted up Windows.

:)

jakester, May 28, 2017
  2. 广孝安 Win User

DVD Player Not Able to Be Made Default

广孝安, May 28, 2017
  3. Me2010ZM Win User
    DVD Player Not Able to Be Made Default

I have an updated version of Windows 10 and have purchased DVD Player from the store. Recently, after an update, my DVD's are not auto-playing, DVD Player app is not in Start Menu, and Settings is not offering DVD Player as a choice when trying to choose
    default programs. The only way I was able to open the program was by going to the store where it did recognize that it was installed and let me open it from there.

What is going on, and what can I do to fix this?

Me2010ZM, May 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 28, 2017
  5. jakester Win User
    yeah I knew about that trick but no matter what icon I put in there, it manages to throw an error and flop. Once again, Win 10 took something simple and easy from earlier versions and ruined it out of spite
    Win 7 & Vista just has a folder on the Start Menu called start-up, and it would easily open the app if you put its icon in it

jakester, May 28, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, May 28, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    What is the error message it's giving you?

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is the app auto start menu so I can have programs open on start - Similar Threads - Where app auto

2. How can I open the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I open the start menu: My start menu will not open and neither will my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-the-start-menu/2156f84c-6452-4863-aa91-15724f7ebf83
  3. How can I open the start menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I open the start menu: My start menu will not open and neither will my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-the-start-menu/2156f84c-6452-4863-aa91-15724f7ebf83
  4. How can I open the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu: I uninstalled unused apps from my windows 10 desktop. When I click on the windows key to bring to bring up the start menu, one app [Ebay] icon shows it is still there. Left clicking and hitting uninstall brings me to the App list. Since I uninstalled it from the App...
  6. Can not click on or open start menu and other apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can not click on or open start menu and other apps: I have a windows 10pc and I am having an intermittent issue where I am unable to click on certain shortcuts. I will try to click the start menu and it’s colour changes when i click, but it doesn’t open, same with file explorer and some desktop apps. If I use the keyboard to...
  7. Where are the app files on start menu located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the app files on start menu located?: I have all these preinstalled apps on my start menu, many of which I do not know where their .exe files are located on my machine. Netflix, Evernote, Powerdirector, Paint 3D, there is no open file location when i right click on these apps, they seemed to work fine, but where...
  8. Start Menu and Programs Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Programs Won't Open: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or Powerpoint, it will show starting Word...
  9. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  10. Where are Win 10 Start Menu Program Properties (like "Start in")?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are Win 10 Start Menu Program Properties (like "Start in")?: Guys, I was just forced at work to change my beloved Win 7 box to Win 10 spyware as a service. One aspect of Win 10 that I cannot figure out is how I can access Properties for the programs that I have added to the Start Menu. In Win 7, if I left click on the Start Menu,...