Windows 10: Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator?

Discus and support Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Asus Tablet. I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Where is the battery charge ICON for the task bar? To many times the tablet died for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by currentresident, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator?

I have a Asus Tablet. I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10.
    Where is the battery charge ICON for the task bar?
    To many times the tablet died for lack of a warning that the battery was low.
    1. Where is the battery charge app. located or is there a download?
    2. How do I install and display it in the task bar?

:)

currentresident, Dec 11, 2016

2. shadetree

I have upgraded to Windows 10, all works fine, except after a few days of use the icon for the battery charge on the taskbar is gone. I've checked everything in settings, and the properties of taskbar, and can't solve the problem. Can anyone help. I've
    downloaded a app from the store that I have on the Start screen and it works to show battery charge, etc.

ken miller 977, Dec 11, 2016
  3. battery to AC power?

Hi Patricia,

I would inform you that when a AC adapter is connected to a laptop, the battery gets charged till 100% and the connection between the AC adapter and battery is cut. After the battery is completely charged, laptop only uses AC supply.

The other option is to remove the battery and plug the AC Adapter. Now the laptop only uses AC supply.

However, if you want to disable battery charging while the AC adapter is connected, you have a option in Battery Meter (in Control Panel or click on battery icon on taskbar). Once you enable that option battery will stop charging
    even if the AC adapter is connected. Once you reboot the system, battery will automatically start charging normally.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator?

Brink, Dec 11, 2016
  5. Found it, THANKS, but it's greyed out. WHY IS THAT?

currentresident, Dec 11, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 11, 2016
  7. NOTE: Power system icon greyed out

currentresident, Dec 17, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Did you already try what I posted to see if it may enable it to be ungrayed out afterwards?

Brink, Dec 17, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 18, 2016
  10. Here's the snapshot

Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator? [​IMG]

Do you have all your drivers installed? yes

currentresident, Dec 18, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Do you have 3rd party power management software installed that may being used instead?

Possibly included from the OEM if this is an OEM computer. If you have a UPS battery connected to the computer with its software installed, it'll disable the Power icon.

Brink, Dec 18, 2016
  12. Do you have 3rd party power management software installed that may being used instead?

Yes, but I installed only after nothing else worked. And it still is greyed out.

currentresident, Dec 19, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

What is the model number of the Asus tablet? I'll see if I may be able to find out more on this for you.

If this has just recently happened, then you might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before it was grayed out may help.

Brink, Dec 19, 2016
  14. tkburis Win User
    Have you ever seen it before?
    If you did, and it suddenly disappeared, do this, if not, I don't know.

1. Do Ctrl - Shift - Esc to open task manager. (or right click on an empty space on the taskbar and select task manager.)

2. MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND REMEMBER IT BEFORE DOING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING.

3. Press More Details or whatever I can't remember.

4. Go to 'Details'

5. Find explorer.exe.

6. End task.

7. File --> Run task

8. Type in explorer.exe.

Hope I helped!

tkburis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator? - Similar Threads - Where battery charge

2. Where is the battery life indicator in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the battery life indicator in Windows 11?: Updated windows recently and now the battery life indicator has disappeared from the tray. I have searched the settings for the tray, power, etc. I looked at other posts but the setting they say to change doesn't exist.Help!! Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2OS Build...
  3. Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows: Suddenly the battery indicator for my laptop has disappeared. "Power" is toggled On in the task bar show which icons appear on the taskbar. It is not displayed in the "up carrot" icons either....
  4. Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows: Suddenly the battery indicator for my laptop has disappeared. "Power" is toggled On in the task bar show which icons appear on the taskbar. It is not displayed in the "up carrot" icons either....
  5. Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Battery Charging Indicator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Charging Indicator: As the PC power level drops below a certain level an message appears to "plug in the charger", a few seconds later another message appears "shutting down the computer". By the time I plug in the power supply the computer has shut down To assist me in paying more attention...
  7. battery not charging indicator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not charging indicator: Hello. Not sure which topic this should be posted under; please redirect me if need be. After updating a couple of days ago, the battery indicator says "XX% available (plugged in, not charging). I tested the battery and there doesn't appear to be any fault. I'm guessing...
  8. battery charge indicator no longer on tool bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery charge indicator no longer on tool bar?: Battery charge indicator no longer on tool bar after last update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charge-indicator-no-longer-on-tool-bar/81370439-3195-4db4-9d9a-f750385d9589
  9. Where the battery status indicator go?

Where the battery status indicator go?: Where the battery status indicator go? Why is this seen as an improvement. I see a few apps in the MS store but the reviews show that the apps not work. Now I have to guess how much charge I have left on my battery. Where are all the windows 10 enhancements? We lost...
  10. battery level indicator in taskbar missing

battery level indicator in taskbar missing: I can not find anywhere to click to make the battery level indicator appear in the bottom task bar. has it been removed from Windows 10 along with all links to make sure it is displayed all the time ?...