Windows 10: Where is the Restore Point located?

Discus and support Where is the Restore Point located? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have created a Restore Point that I titled Restore Point - Oct 2 2017 on my W10 system and would to know where I can find it / where it's located on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by boblink, Oct 2, 2017.

1. boblink Win User

Where is the Restore Point located?

I have created a Restore Point that I titled Restore Point - Oct 2 2017 on my W10 system and would to know where I can find it / where it's located on my computer so that I can delete it when I create new Restore Points?
    Thank you
    Bob

:)

boblink, Oct 2, 2017
  2. gigharvey Win User

Restore computer to a point where the previous user's information is deleted

I purchased a laptop, HP 64 bit from a person on Craigslist who is just as unsophisticated as I am with technology. He did not know how to restore the laptop back to when he purchased it and neither do I. I am concerned that I may delete something that should
    not be deleted. HELP!

gigharvey, Oct 2, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Restore computer to a point where the previous user's information is deleted

Can you get on the computer?

What build?

To check version and build;

Right click start, click Run, enter winver, hit enter

lacrumb, Oct 2, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 2, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Brink's tutorial tells you that...
    ...and being heavily protected you can't look inside it. The tutorial tells you how you can delete restore points.

Bree, Oct 2, 2017
  6. boblink Win User
    Thanks guys, my objective is to create a Restore Point on a different HDD than the one that W10 is installed on and if I understand what you guys have said this can't be done, the Restore Point must be on the same HDD as are the files that you create the Restore Point.
    Thank you guys,
    Bob

boblink, Oct 3, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. A restore point can only be store on the same drive.

Brink, Oct 3, 2017
  8. boblink Win User

I appreciate your help, THANK YOU
    Bob

boblink, Oct 3, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Bob. Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Oct 3, 2017
  10. Stevekir Win User

Stevekir, Oct 3, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Steve, *Smile

That's only when you create a system image with the built-in Windows Backup feature instead.

Brink, Oct 3, 2017
  12. Steve C Win User
    CCleaner provides a useful option under Tools which lets you delete individual restore points when you run CCleaner from an admin account.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is the Restore Point located? - Similar Threads - Where Restore Point

2. Where Does Windows 10 Store Restore Points?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where Does Windows 10 Store Restore Points?: I'm using Windows 10.0.19042 on a Dell laptop. I needed to return to an earlier restore point this evening, but System Restore said there weren't any. It turns out that something, I don't know what, turned off System Protection for my C: drive, so Windows hasn't been saving...
  3. Can i chose where the restore points are put?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can i chose where the restore points are put?: Thinking of getting a new computer which has 2 drives. A 256g is it sdd or something? And a 1t disk drive, the old type I like to leave lots of room for restore points, how much room could i need? Thanks all 182078
  4. Can i chose where the restore points are put?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i chose where the restore points are put?: Thinking of getting a new computer which has 2 drives. A 256g is it sdd or something? And a 1t disk drive, the old type I like to leave lots of room for restore points, how much room could i need? Thanks all 182078
  5. Where are System Restore Points stored? How to view Restore Points in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Where are System Restore Points stored? How to view Restore Points in Windows 10?: System Restore Points contains the necessary information needed to restore your system to the chosen state. Restore points are automatically generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and generated when you create a restore point manually. In this post,...
  6. Where are restore points saved - Win 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where are restore points saved - Win 10 Pro ?: When creating restore points where are they located on the dik? Can I back them up to a removable drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-restore-points-saved-win-10-pro/a4a727bf-abd9-4491-82c8-8e755bad4ae7
  7. Created Restore Point where saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created Restore Point where saved: Created a restore point but now unable to locate it in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/created-restore-point-where-saved/efe3081a-8cfa-44a9-973f-cf2b3350fc07
  8. where are restore points in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    where are restore points in Windows 10: where are restore points in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-restore-points-in-windows-10/da0460bd-2f28-471b-ac92-172b72202c67
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. Where are System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Where are System Restore Points...: ...stored on my computer; the physical location (folder)? Thanks! 18352