Windows 10: where Win10 store the jumplists?

Discus and support where Win10 store the jumplists? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every once in a while I would like to clean it out. 35076 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rfrharbin, Dec 24, 2015.

1. rfrharbin Win User

where Win10 store the jumplists?

Every once in a while I would like to clean it out.

:)

rfrharbin, Dec 24, 2015
  2. maxim__s Win User

Windows Store: cannot purchase apps

A perverted workaround is to find a Win8 PC around, and purchase/install the app on it.

Then use the same MS Account on Win10 PC in the Store app, you will see your recent purchase in "My Library", from where you can download and install it fine.

So, the broken path in Win10 Store app is only about purchase, not download.

maxim__s, Dec 24, 2015
  3. user missing after latest win10 updates

After todays update of win10, lost one of the user where all the data was stored. Kindly suggest how to restore the user or recover the data..

AarvyGoyal, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 24, 2015
  5. rfrharbin Win User
    Thanks for the info, it is very useful, but I am hoping to find out where in the computer the shortcuts are stored so that I can clean out most of them and keep the one I want rather than deleting them one at a time.

rfrharbin, Dec 25, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The locations for these are listed in the blue note box at the top of the tutorial I posted above.

The only problem is that they are not all listed in a format to make it easy to know what it is for each one. *Sad

Brink, Dec 25, 2015
  7. rfrharbin Win User
    Yes thanks, I tried to read them in File Explorer after setting the File Explorer so as to view all the protected operating system files temporary but there is machine code there so I cannot set them in the quick access or anything like I hoped. I will have to continue to remove the files one at a time till I find what I am looking for. This is not a big deal as how often would one want to do this.?

Thank for the help.

rfrharbin, Dec 26, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. where Win10 store the jumplists? - Similar Threads - where Win10 store

2. Where can I find taskbar jumplist icons fin the registry?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where can I find taskbar jumplist icons fin the registry?: So I reaaaaally want to enable jumplists & recent items. Unfortunately due to the current proclivities of my pc, my OCD forbids it. Notepad++ and the .txt extension show the proper icon when accessed from my third party start menu. However when I use the taskbar/jumplist it...
  3. Where are Win10 offline maps stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are Win10 offline maps stored?: I can't find them at C:\. What would be the file name of the offline map for Colorado?Thanks,Terry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-win10-offline-maps-stored/5357b774-2f21-484a-859a-603d30060e58
  4. Win10 Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Store: Code: 0x800700B7 Is the code i get when it's about to end the install of MOST software.. Some software works..but like MSI Dragon Center which i need for my motherboard doesn't wanna install completely and i nee the store version since the standalone DC doesn't work at all...
  5. Snips & Jumplists

Snips & Jumplists: I often wonder if people realize Snips can be done right from Snip & Sketch's 'commands' on its jumplist; don't, even have to go to/open its window. Speaking of jumplists... for so many things, their jumplists offer 'commands' that one can often work directly with/from an...
  6. win10 store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    win10 store: i have reset my ASUS laptop once and since then my win10 store never work ,even you can not open it at al.Im so bored now . help help help and i have tried the way in powershell and it says that can not found objects...
  7. Jumplists not working

Jumplists not working: Hi, most of the jumplists of my pinned programs are not working: [ATTACH] ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ [ATTACH] !-- The item is there:...
  8. Screen Prints - the location where these are stored has changed. Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen Prints - the location where these are stored has changed. Win10: Previously my screen prints were all automatically saved in my OneDrive>Pictures>Screenshots. I say 'automatically saved' because I have no recollection of ever having changed any settings to put them there. I now find that they're being saved in This PC (or Desktop) >...
  9. Mozilla jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla jumplist: Anyone know of a reliable way to try and get jump lists back on Mozilla without resorting to uninstalling / reinstalling? If I right click the pinned Mozilla icon or it's entry in the start menu it no longer shows the jumplists, recent, private browsing etc. Just gives option...
  10. Where in the BIOS does MS store the Win10 key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where in the BIOS does MS store the Win10 key: I have had my BIOS locked with a password ever since I started testing Windows 10 Builds. I have not had to enter the password and have updated to the latest CB build. How does MS do this? or if it can do this How? I run a ASUS P9X79 LE motherboard. 53735