Windows 10: Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect?

Discus and support Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Macbook Pro and I run Windows 10 using Bootcamp. I wants to take a full system backup of Windows 10 using Macrium Reflect. Macrium Reflect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dibbyo123, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect?

I have a Macbook Pro and I run Windows 10 using Bootcamp. I wants to take a full system backup of Windows 10 using Macrium Reflect.

Macrium Reflect gives me options to backup which partitions: https://i.imgur.com/risEsvI.png

I know I need select number 3, if I only wants to backup Windows 10. My question is do I also need to backup the "EFI partition"?

submitted by /u/Dibbyo123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dibbyo123, Mar 6, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

Hi Ed,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you have issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs on Windows 10. We feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. What is the version of SyncToy installed on your computer?

2. What is the version of Macrium Reflect installed on your computer?

3. As per you query, you say "scheduler not working for macrium reflect", are you referring to Task scheduler?

4. If it is Task scheduler, Is Task scheduler working on all programs, other than Macrium Reflect ?

Please post your query on SyncToy forum link below:

Microsoft forums - Microsoft Sync Framework

Let's refer to these links below.

Schedule Task

Macrium Software | 404

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Mar 6, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect?

Transferring Windows 10 from bootcamp

Yes you can. The easiest way is to install a clean Windows 10 on new Mac using Boot Camp Assistant app then overwrite the new Bootcamp partition with a copy of your old one. This will ensure the partitioning and Windows loader in EFI partition are set correctly and don't overwrite any Apple stuff in the shared EFI partition.

I'd do it like this:

On Old Mac (booted into Windows)
    1. Link your account to Microsoft account if not already done. This is to allow transfer of license. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License
    2. Install Macrium Reflect Free Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    3. Create Image of C partition (only) and save it on external USB drive. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect
    4. Create bootable Macrium rescue USB stick. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

On New Mac (booted into MacOS)
    5. Download Windows 10 ISO for same version (Home or Pro). Download Windows 10 ISO File
    6. Partition and install this using Boot Camp Assistant app. Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support
    7. Save Boot Camp drivers to USB stick (in case they changed) - this option in Boot Camp Assistant

Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect? [​IMG]

On New Mac
    8. Boot from Macrium rescue USB and restore image of C (saved from old Mac) over top of new Bootcamp partition. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect
    9. Take option from Macrium rescue USB to fix any boot issues Use Macrium Reflect Rescue Media to Fix Windows Boot Issues

On New Mac (booted into Windows)
    10. Boot Windows (press alt on startup) and then install Boot Camp drivers by clicking on Setup.exe on the USB you made in step 7. If Windows Support Software isn't installed after you run Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support
    11. Transfer license. Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

lx07, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect?

1. Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect? - Similar Threads - partitions backup Bootcamp

2. Macrium Reflect - Desktop PC Image to Macbook Bootcamp Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect - Desktop PC Image to Macbook Bootcamp Partition: Has anyone done this, is there any certain things I should be aware of before trying? Like I just wanna replace the C: windows partition on my macbook with the current working version I have on my desktop computer Things are all backed up already but there was are just some...
  3. Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect?: Someone tell me which one I should use and why? Advantages & Disadvantages of both 146682
  4. which partitions to backup Macrium and where to store?

which partitions to backup Macrium and where to store?: so I want to make the image disk before I update to win 10 ver 1903. macrium shows all the partitions like C:, G, D, system reserved, dell support, etc. which one do I actually need to make an image? tried doing C: only and it is way too huge for a thumb drive of 16gb, so...
  5. Use Macrium Reflect to backup a partition or the drive

Use Macrium Reflect to backup a partition or the drive: My laptop, which is essentially a portable version of my desktop, has one physical drive partitioned into System and Data partitions. The Data partition is sync'd with my laptop so, if it were to be lost, it could be readily, though slowly, recovered. I use Reflect to create...
  6. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  7. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...