Windows 10: White screen on boot up

Discus and support White screen on boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Posting here because the live chat and call back feature isn't working. My laptop boots to a white screen. It worked normally when linked up through a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OilyStudent436, Jan 30, 2019.

1. White screen on boot up

Posting here because the live chat and call back feature isn't working. My laptop boots to a white screen. It worked normally when linked up through a tv. The faqs said i should boot into safe mode but now the white screen still remains but i can't link to a tv anymore. Is there anyway to fix or reset the laptop with no working screen. I have a HP laptop using AMD A5 drivers if that helps.

:)

OilyStudent436, Jan 30, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Jan 30, 2019
  4. White screen on boot up

Windows 10 - stuck on orange screen with white circling dots

This PC is not part of a domain, and I never get to a login screen; only the orange screen above.

Your linked instructions for Safe Mode are not useful in my situation, as they assume I can boot
    normally into the system and then set an option to boot to safe mode. There is a way to boot to safe mode without the ability to boot normally but it is well hidden and complex - I will detail it below for future readers of this thread.

Your suggestion regarding Clean Boot is also not applicable. The instructions show how to disable services and startup items for third party applications. However, as I stated in my original post, I Reset Windows 10 so there are no third party
    services or startup items. Never the less, I went through the steps and the results are the same - orange screen with white circling dots.

Finally, your suggestion regarding creating a new user account is again not applicable. I have multiple accounts on this PC. As I never am presented with a login screen, I cannot utilize any of them.

I await your next repair step…

For readers who are unable to boot normally and wish to boot to safe mode (only try this if you are technically advanced):

• Boot to a Windows 10 installation disk
    • Go to Troubleshoot – Advanced Options – DOS Prompt (one might wonder why “Boot to Safe Mode” is not available in Advanced Options!)
    • Follow the instructions here: Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

Mike-Kremer, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

White screen on boot up

1. White screen on boot up - Similar Threads - White screen boot

2. Why does my computer boot up to a black screen with a white dash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer boot up to a black screen with a white dash: Whenever I try and start my computer it boots to a black screen with a solid dash. If I turn it off and on over and over again it randomly boots up like normal sometimes, so I doubt it’s a hardware issue....
  3. Why does my computer boot up to a black screen with a white dash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer boot up to a black screen with a white dash: Whenever I try and start my computer it boots to a black screen with a solid dash. If I turn it off and on over and over again it randomly boots up like normal sometimes, so I doubt it’s a hardware issue....
  4. PC not boot up immediately stuck in Black Screen with short white line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not boot up immediately stuck in Black Screen with short white line: My PC wont boot up as fast as before, it will stuck in the black screen with white short line for few seconds or longer only the boot up image will show. how can i solve this issues?...
  5. Login then boot to white screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Login then boot to white screen: Hi all, A friend brought me a Dell laptop. Sign in and then it boots to a white screen. I can get to task manager and run CMD, explorer and all that. Any advice on what to do now? Update it? Is this a driver problem? network connections doesn't want to come up though or this...
  6. Orange screen with white lines on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Orange screen with white lines on boot: That screen appears since I tried to boot the computer after power out. No options in repeair menu work and only thing that work is ASUS bios. Any ideas how to fix it? submitted by /u/Qwart376 [link] [comments]...
  7. White screen upon reaching services screen during initial boot up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White screen upon reaching services screen during initial boot up?: Pretty much what the title say, just got an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 and the screen goes completely white on the services section of set up. Is this supposed to happen? How long do I wait?...
  8. White screen at boot up - mystery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White screen at boot up - mystery: Ok so I don't think this is an issue with Windows 10 as it did it in Windows 7 as well. It's an Asus netbook Atom N550 which came with Windows 7 starter. Someone had cloned the drive onto a bigger drive and there were lots of odd partitions everywhere so I repartitioned the...
  9. Static (white noise) covering the screen on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    Static (white noise) covering the screen on boot up: Hello I got a Dell Inspiron 3050 Net-top PC for a friend to use as a media streaming platform for the bedroom. I have not installed any programs/software/apps/additional drivers on to it yet. The computer worked fine for the first 5 – 6 boot-ups and all was well....
  10. Flashing white screen on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing white screen on boot: This has happened to me a few times now but luckily I run Rollback Rx and can roll back to the last good snapshot. I usually get the white flashing screen on boot when I try to install new security software, the latest culprits being Bitdefender and Avira free antivirus,...