Windows 10: Why AdWare protection , PUA ,and PUP protection are not enabled by default in windows...

Discus and support Why AdWare protection , PUA ,and PUP protection are not enabled by default in windows... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXALM70DfGI ( from britec09) , and he showed us in this video how to enable these protections... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marinel Cipu, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Why AdWare protection , PUA ,and PUP protection are not enabled by default in windows...

I recently saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXALM70DfGI ( from britec09) , and he showed us in this video how to enable these protections , and now , why these protections are not enabled by default ? WD is a good antivirus , and i've hever had problems with it and with the viruses , but I didin't even expected at this , because , all of you probably know that every AV comes with these protections. I will enable these protections through Registry Editor , it will probably help me on the future.

:)

Marinel Cipu, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Does Windows 10 Defender protect against junk and spam email?

Does Defender filter/scan your incoming mail? No.

Does Defender check for possible malware when you open an email or click on a link in an email or open an attachment? Yes, if all is well with your computer and especially if you're running Win10 Version 1607 & have enabled the PUA/PUP/adware option =>

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/defender-enable-pua-pup-adware-protection/

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Why AdWare protection , PUA ,and PUP protection are not enabled by default in windows...

Windows Defender PUP/PUA protection blocked BitTorrent

I turned on Windows Defender PUA/PUP protection and then tried to install BitTorrent, but the process was blocked and BitTorrent was deleted. Does BitTorrent really contain a virus? Is there a way to make sure while still keeping the PC safe and to add
    an exception for it if it's safe?

Moved from Windows 10

OsmanZakir, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Why AdWare protection , PUA ,and PUP protection are not enabled by default in windows...

1. Why AdWare protection , PUA ,and PUP protection are not enabled by default in windows... - Similar Threads - Why AdWare protection

2. Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?: I have a 12900K CPU and an MSI PRO Z960-A motherboard which should cover all the requirements of Firmware Protection on the latest Windows 11. For some reason I cannot enable that security feature while everything else is working without any problem. I tried enabling it using...
  3. Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?: I have a 12900K CPU and an MSI PRO Z960-A motherboard which should cover all the requirements of Firmware Protection on the latest Windows 11. For some reason I cannot enable that security feature while everything else is working without any problem. I tried enabling it using...
  4. Enable firmware protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable firmware protection: I just have the Firmware protection on my computer. I can't enable it even in an admin account. Please help me enable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-firmware-protection/a587bf69-fefa-42a3-b6df-28c0e8a53bf8
  5. Enable firmware protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable firmware protection: I just have the Firmware protection on my computer. I can't enable it even in an admin account. Please help me enable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-firmware-protection/a587bf69-fefa-42a3-b6df-28c0e8a53bf8
  6. Windows Defender PUA Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender PUA Protection: Some Reason can't get our 2nd Desktop PC to keep on with Windows Defender Pua Protection, Avast was removed with Wise Uninstaller, rebooted system, used Avast clear in safe mode as additional step, then ran ConfigureDefenderx64 to configure Defender, made sure enabled Pua...
  7. PUPs protection

PUPs protection: I went to Power Shell and went through the procedure of setting up PUPs protection how do I tell if I have done this correctly and its up and running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pups-protection/70d92818-3439-4684-a535-146b079abd9f
  8. Windows Defender PUA/PUP protection is too picky

Windows Defender PUA/PUP protection is too picky: Today WD deleted Wagnard's DDU saying it was a non safe application. I had to run the GUI interface to be able to recover it from quarantine. How could inform MS that this is a false positive? 106924
  9. Adware and PUPs are getting nastier

Adware and PUPs are getting nastier: I've seen this at BleepingComputer and thought it may be interesting for wider audience ... Potentially unwanted programs or applications are considered adware by some folks and "just something that you have to pick up, if you want another application" by some time now....
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10 The Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUA) protection feature in Windows Defender Antivirus can identify and block PUAs from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is Windows PUA not default