Windows 10: Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection?

Discus and support Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I read a current article regarding how parts of Windows Defender can run in a sandbox. The article recommended running Windows Defender in conjunction... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rlk1151, Oct 31, 2018.

1. rlk1151 Win User

Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection?

I read a current article regarding how parts of Windows Defender can run in a sandbox. The article recommended running Windows Defender in conjunction with another protection program and mentioned Malwarebytes. I use Norton Internet Protection which has anti-malware features and would like to run both Defender and Norton but Windows settings does not allow activation of Defender, Why cant I run both?

:)

rlk1151, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Le Boule Win User

Windows defender real time protection cant be turned on.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

You tried all suggestions in my previous post and Windows Defender “real time protection”
    still will not turn on?

Did you try everything suggested in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG,
    McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Le Boule, Oct 31, 2018
  3. norton internet security

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As pre the issue description you willing to use Norton Internet Security on your system.

I would request you to use Windows Defender instead of any third party security software. At the end it is your computer and its upon you that which security software you should use.

If you have to use Windows Defender you may try the steps provided below.

• To toggle Windows Defender on and off press Windows Key and start typing
      Windows Defender in the search box.
    • Defender will quickly pop into the search results.
    • Give it a click and the Defender application will steal the stage.
    • If Defender is disabled you’ll immediately know because of the frightening blood red color theme that decorates the main window.

Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection? fixedbyvonnie-windows-8-1-turn-on-off-windows-defender.png

• Click the obnoxiously big Turn on button to activate Defender.
    • When everything turns green, you’re protected.

Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection? fixedbyvonnie-windows-8-1-windows-defender-on.png

• You can run a full scan by clicking Scan now in the right pane. If you want to disable Windows Defender, head over to the Settings tab and uncheck
      Turn on real-time protection (recommended).

Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection? fixedbyvonnie-windows-8-1-windows-defender-turn-real-time-protection-off.png

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows Antivirus enabled Norton Antivirus disabled?

Assuming you've got Norton installed...

Two suggestions to try.

I use Malwarebytes Free (also have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) with Windows Defender and there are no conflicts.

But you may want to seek advice from Norton about using Malwarebytes products concurrently with Norton programs

Regards...

Le Boule, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection? - Similar Threads - Why cant run

2. Can I run norton 360 deluxe with windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I run norton 360 deluxe with windows defender?: So just purchased norton 360 deluxe, in windows security it states it has disabled itself, however all the reputation settings are still active, as I'm not really sure about antivirus software etc, should I disable the settings in reputation based also and just let norton do...
  3. Can I run norton 360 deluxe with windows defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I run norton 360 deluxe with windows defender?: So just purchased norton 360 deluxe, in windows security it states it has disabled itself, however all the reputation settings are still active, as I'm not really sure about antivirus software etc, should I disable the settings in reputation based also and just let norton do...
  4. Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off: Hi, I want to write about subject matter, I see that both are off and I cannot make it on one of them also. I have been to web site of Windows and I found the same problem and the solution, I tried all of three and nothing work. Any other solution please? I am using Windows...
  5. Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off: Hi, I want to write about subject matter, I see that both are off and I cannot make it on one of them also. I have been to web site of Windows and I found the same problem and the solution, I tried all of three and nothing work. Any other solution please? I am using Windows...
  6. Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Anti virus protection on this Hp Windows 10, I also have Norton antivirus should I run both?

Anti virus protection on this Hp Windows 10, I also have Norton antivirus should I run both?: Antivirus protections however some items on this computer stops. I can not run and I am lost. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus-protection-on-this-hp-windows-10-i-also/7d5a8354-3185-41d6-98e1-6e5f89e1eb02
  8. Running both Malwarebytes & Windows Defender ?

Running both Malwarebytes & Windows Defender ?: Have been running MBAM Pro and Windows Defender. This article incl exclusions for both progs to avoid potential conflicts when running simultaneously - How to Run Malwarebytes Alongside Another Antivirus "Malwarebytes is coded in a different way and is designed to run...
  9. Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?

Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?: I am a bit confused as to whether or not I have 2 virus checkers running at the same time! I've taken a couple of pics and perhaps someone can enlighten me. [img] [img] Thanks, Jon 107071
  10. i cant run both RUN and CMD programs

in Windows 10 Support
    i cant run both RUN and CMD programs: both cmd and run dialog boxes aren't accessable. I type them in search box, the programs are there, but when I click on them, nothing happens. whats wrong and how to fix it? I need cmd to run because sometimes, my Ethernet connection is down, so I type the usual commands to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need to run windows defender and norton at the same time

2. can i run windows defender and norton

3. windows defender and norton at the same time

4. how do I update window defender with norton running?,
  5. can you have both norton and windows antivirus on at the same time?,
  6. should norton 360 and windows defender firewall both be turned on at the same time?,
  7. should i run norton and window defender on the same computer,
  8. cant use windows defender on windows 10 because of expired norton,
  9. can windows defender updates fail if you have norton,
  10. can you run windows defender with norton installed,
  11. windows security antivirus on if have norton antivirus can have both?,
  12. on a windows computer can you run windows defender and one other antivirus application at the same time,
  13. Will Norton 360 run with Windows Defender in the background?,
  14. can I run windows protector anti virus and norton,
  15. norton windows defender conflict?