Windows 10: Why did my pc turn on by itself in the middle of the night like 2 hours after i shut it...

Discus and support Why did my pc turn on by itself in the middle of the night like 2 hours after i shut it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Bambuinulos [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bambuinulos, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Why did my pc turn on by itself in the middle of the night like 2 hours after i shut it...

/u/Bambuinulos, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Kordi Win User

Turning on/shutting down issue

Hello,
    I cannot turn on my PC at all until I unplug something, like when I try to turn it on it doesn't work, I unplug the Display port then I turn it on and after it turns on I replug it.
    I also have problems with shutting down, I sit the pc down from Windows and it shows me the "shutting down" thing and then it suddenly shuts off like it's been unplugged from the wall.
    I have my AC, phone, monitor, router and PC.
    And I'm using some extensions and adapters because the wall plug is pretty far.
    By the way I replaced my Mobo CPU, ram and GPU because the previous build had other problems.
    System Builder
    Thanks in advance.

Kordi, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 PCs start in the middle of the night

I have recently upgraded two PCs to Windows 10. Both computers do use "hibernate" extensively. Both are set up in a way so that keyboard, mouse and ethernet commands are not waking the PC.
    Unfortunately, both PCs have startet to wake up in the night and stay awake for hours on end. This is totally annoying and costs a lot in terms of energy, so I'm investigating why this happens.
    Powerconfig often fails to show any reason, but most often updates seem to be the culprit. Is there any way to force the PCs to stay shut down in the night? Unplugging is not really an option, since one of them is a laptop.

Christian Sauer, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Why did my pc turn on by itself in the middle of the night like 2 hours after i shut it...

Windows 10 PCs start in the middle of the night

Both PCs have started to wake up in the night

You need to check two things:

1. Automatic Maintenance settings.
    2. Scheduled Tasks.

Automatic Maintenance

Windows performs Automatic Maintenance at a set time (usually in the middle of the night).

Note:

• By default, Automatic Maintenance is set to wake up your computer and run maintenance tasks at 2 AM.
    • You must be an Administrator to change the Automatic Maintenance settings.
    • See below for instructions on how change the time.

Scheduled Tasks

There may also be other Scheduled Tasks that will wake your PC. To check these:

1. Run the Task Scheduler.
    2. Click on "Task Scheduler Library".
    3. Check if there any tasks scheduled to run during the night.

How to Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

Source How to Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

DavidPostill, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Why did my pc turn on by itself in the middle of the night like 2 hours after i shut it...

1. Why did my pc turn on by itself in the middle of the night like 2 hours after i shut it... - Similar Threads - Why did turn

2. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  3. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  4. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  6. Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.: My Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.I have searched various threads but cant find an answer. I check and the power light is off. when i wake up the white power light is on. baffled.thanks...
  7. Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.

Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.: My Computer Turns on by itself during the night, even after i shut down.I have searched various threads but cant find an answer. I check and the power light is off. when i wake up the white power light is on. baffled.thanks...
  8. Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.: I turned off my laptop at 4 am. Woke up 7 am to find out my laptop was hibernanting, which was strange since i knew i turned that thing off. Looked up on Task Manager and noticed that my laptop was running since 5:30 am. Opened the Reliability Monitor and found out that my...
  9. How to stop laptop from turning on itself in the middle of the night?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop laptop from turning on itself in the middle of the night?: For a few nights in a roll, my laptop would automatically come out of sleep mode on it's own and start playing Youtube (which I paused before I sleep) and wake me up. In the past, when I close the lid, it goes into sleep mode and doesn't come back on by itself. How do I stop...
  10. My PC turns on by itself during the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC turns on by itself during the night: I've seen similar questions already posted, but I had to ask since they're kinda outdated. In the evening I'd put my PC to hibernation. Browser and XAMPP are on. And around 3:15-3:45 at night it would turn on by itself and wake me up. Not every night, but often. I turned of...