Windows 10: Why does this take so much usage?

Discus and support Why does this take so much usage? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As the title says, why? I never seen my ram been used this much before, think it was since the last Win10 update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MilkyMoo27, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Why does this take so much usage?

/u/MilkyMoo27, Apr 12, 2020

2. Mismatched Space Usage

The cause of this is due to the filing system the storage device is formatted in.

You may try to fix read-only error with the following simple instruction.

Step 1: Click on your "Start Menu", type cmd in the search bar, then hit "Enter".

Step 2: Type command diskpart and hit "Enter". A new command line window will open.

Step 3: Type list disk and hit "Enter". (make sure your devices has been listed out, for example, it is listed as disk 0)

Step 4: Type the command select disk 0 and hit "Enter". Now you've removed the read-only attribute from the storage devices. Type
    exit and hit "Enter" to leave the DiskPart utility.

If the suggestion above doesn't work in your case, try to correct Read-Only error by reformatting.

You can just use a reliable third-party partition reformatting tool like
    MiniTool Partition Wizard

Be sure to copy any and all file from the drive as all the data on the drive will be erased. This can be a simple task or a long undertaking depending on the size and usage of the storage device, but is a necessary and important step.

PeterPeng3, Apr 12, 2020
  3. slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Why does this take so much usage?

Data card usage in windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to check which application is using Data.

• Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the
      Network & Internet icon.

• Click/tap on Data usage on the left side. You will now see a general overview of the network data usage from the last 30 days on your PC.

• Click/tap on the Usage details link on the right side under
      Overview.

• You will now see how much network data has been used by each app from the last 30 days.

After that go to task manager and End Task the Application which uses the internet.

• Press ctrl +shift +Esc to open Task manger.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Why does this take so much usage?

1. Why does this take so much usage? - Similar Threads - Why does much

2. What is the Hiberfil.sys and why does it take up so much space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the Hiberfil.sys and why does it take up so much space?: How do i get rid of it if I can? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-hiberfilsys-and-why-does-it-take-up-so/7868a5b0-d7cf-4dd1-9e76-2716b40033fe
  3. What is the Hiberfil.sys and why does it take up so much space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Hiberfil.sys and why does it take up so much space?: How do i get rid of it if I can? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-hiberfilsys-and-why-does-it-take-up-so/7868a5b0-d7cf-4dd1-9e76-2716b40033fe
  4. What is the Hiberfil.sys and why does it take up so much space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  6. why does bluetooth suck so much

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why does bluetooth suck so much: bought a brand new computer that had bluetooth built in but it's complete, useless garbage. totally unusable. even when i'm right in front of the pc it's just constantly dropping audio and going fucking crazy isolating audio to one side then the other. bought a usb and it...
  7. Why does this take so much storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does this take so much storage: [ATTACH] Why does it take so much space!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-take-so-much-storage/3402a448-26b1-4bcc-bdb2-8447ddd1d4fd
  8. Does anybody know what is server host and why it takes so much gpu

Does anybody know what is server host and why it takes so much gpu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/You-boy-Luis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2bwmd/does_anybody_know_what_is_server_host_and_why_it/
  9. Why is windows taking up so much ram?

Why is windows taking up so much ram?: [ATTACH] windows taking up way to much ram, like half of it https://preview.redd.it/a8z9aiop4fg41.png?width=432&format=png&auto=webp&s=549b1487bd359008a6ce44ac9310535c7c8ff334 submitted by /u/Monv44 [link] [comments]...
  10. Why is everything using so much cpu usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is everything using so much cpu usage?: So I've had win10 since release, and nothing ever even took more than like 5% cpu, and today spotify is using 30%, firefox is jumping around 15 to 30%, my games are taking around 40%. I havent seen any new windows updates, was anything changed to cause this or what could...