Windows 10: Why my font colour in Control Panel is green?

Discus and support Why my font colour in Control Panel is green? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, Using Win 10 got the same problem as i had in Win 7. All my system fonts are black or white (grey) but when i open Control Panel my font... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by animapara, Nov 23, 2017.

1. animapara Win User

Why my font colour in Control Panel is green?

Hello guys,

Using Win 10 got the same problem as i had in Win 7. All my system fonts are black or white (grey) but when i open Control Panel my font there is green *Sad I know it's hyperlink font and i can easily change it Win 7 ... but unfortunately not in Win 10. Is there a way to change this green Control Panel font colour to black by editing registry in Win 10? I know that colours are in HKCU/Control Panel/Colors but don't know what to change there ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

animapara, Nov 23, 2017
  2. AliJbear Win User

Font rendering in Windows 10

Hi All,

One of themain reasons I find Windows 10 a major step backwards is the quality of font rendering.

After doing plenty of research - and using the magnifier tool - it obvious that a different rendering process is being used compared to Windows 7, which universally used 'colour smoothing' for ClearType. However, in W10, some fonts are 'monochrome smoothed'
    while others are 'colour smoothed'. (use the magnifier to see what I mean) The mono-smoothed characters are FAR less readable than those with colour processing. Apparently this is defended for the reason that colour-smoothing cannot give consistent results
    on 'some rotated displays' because of the arrangement of the pixels in the display panel. Fine, but at least give us the option of controlling the rendering strategy for desktop/laptop use. And, if there IS a problem with colour-smoothing, then why is it still
    used in some places and not others? The areas that are mono-smoothed tend to be the content - such that it gives me fatigue and eyestrain. The better colour-smoothing seems to be reserved for menus and informational areas. Maybe this is by design to stop me
    using my PC for too long?

Is it possible to change the smoothing process that is applied to content fonts? Obviously, this processing is avaialble because it's there in other areas...

Thanks, Alibear

AliJbear, Nov 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 changing Font

My font sizes are grey coloured and frozen and dont respond. Why

JohnBridgwood, Nov 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 23, 2017
  5. animapara Win User
    The problem is that it was a clear install on new machine *Sad And i got it like this:

animapara, Nov 23, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Well, that's how mine is too...

dalchina, Nov 23, 2017
  7. animapara Win User
    But why green?? All fonts styled in black/white and this .. in Control Panel is green? Oh my ... In Win 7 i can change it to black colour, but Win 10 is less customizable *Sad I can't just go in Personalization and change it ...

animapara, Nov 23, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 23, 2017
  9. animapara Win User
    Thank you very much! SMACC utility is interesting tool.

animapara, Nov 23, 2017
  10. swarfega Win User
    They're green because they're links. If I remember, the green links came in with Windows Vista.

In category mode they have green and blue links.

Why my font colour in Control Panel is green? [​IMG]

swarfega, Nov 23, 2017
  11. Superfly Win User
    SMACC is overdue for an upgrade. Hopefully I'll have some time before the end of the year (while @Cliff S is still on his hols... LOL)

*Wink

Superfly, Nov 23, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    *Thumbs I find it hard to decide for sure which areas are which - but then I've only used it for a couple.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why my font colour in Control Panel is green? - Similar Threads - Why font colour

2. Font's aren't shown in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font's aren't shown in control panel: Hey,I have a problem in control panel of windows 10.Font's aren't visible in some of these options:-• Autoplay• Backup and Restore Windows 7• Default Programs• Internet Options• Mobility Centre Control Panel• Network and Sharing Centre• Power Options• Recovery• Sync Centre•...
  3. Font's aren't shown in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font's aren't shown in control panel: Hey,I have a problem in control panel of windows 10.Font's aren't visible in some of these options:-• Autoplay• Backup and Restore Windows 7• Default Programs• Internet Options• Mobility Centre Control Panel• Network and Sharing Centre• Power Options• Recovery• Sync Centre•...
  4. Font's aren't shown in control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. unable to open fonts in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open fonts in control panel: When I'm trying to open "fonts" in control panel, windows open "documents" in file explorer for me.How can I fix it?Device specification: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-fonts-in-control-panel/7b33a2da-29cc-4328-856d-7da0327a4c46
  6. unable to open fonts in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open fonts in control panel: When I'm trying to open "fonts" in control panel, windows open "documents" in file explorer for me.How can I fix it?Device specification: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-fonts-in-control-panel/7b33a2da-29cc-4328-856d-7da0327a4c46
  7. unable to open fonts in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Fonts not showing up in control panel or applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts not showing up in control panel or applications: Following this post (I know it's old), doesn't work for me on Windows 10... Installing fonts via command line/script - Page 2 - Windows 7 Help Forums The fonts exist in the \windows\fonts folder Registry entries are added thus... REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  9. control panel fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel fonts: can you change the font size in the control panel? 118546
  10. How to change font smoothing in control panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change font smoothing in control panel?: It is possible to disable Font Smoothing in Control Panel? [img] I mean all text sharp as This (Windows 7)? [img] Thanks 106051

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is control panel and my document is grey