Windows 10: Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available?

Discus and support Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available? [ATTACH] OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OS Version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jackin, Sep 6, 2018.

1. jackin Win User

Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available?

Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available? 2b7e0a25-4d0f-427f-8c87-27683674cd21?upload=true.jpg

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    OS Version: 10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134
    OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 15-3567
    System Type: x64-based PC

:)

jackin, Sep 6, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Jalenp Win User
    My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

Hi I have tried all of these and the problem is still occurring when I also looked in registry the preffered power plan is already set to balanced, but it is still keep switching to high performance mode power plan. Every time I restart the laptop it
    is in high performance mode and even when I change back to balanced it keeps switching back to high performance mode.

Jalenp, Sep 6, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available? - Similar Threads - Why laptop does

2. power plan information isn't available

in Windows 10 Customization
    power plan information isn't available: Problems on Window 10 Home, Lenovo Yoga 700: Can't adjust screen brightness. Can't access power plan settings in Power Options. When I click on a plan, I get the message "Your power plan information isn't available". When I go to Start > Settings > PC Settings, the Window...
  3. Your power plan information isn't available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your power plan information isn't available: After clean installation, my power plans are gone and when i tried to import manually now power plan showing "Your power plan information isn't available"....
  4. My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance: Every 20 minutes my battery plan is switching to high performance. How can I resolve this issue? I am running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-battery-power-plan-keeps-switching-to-high/4568dbfc-f893-4c89-808c-bb47430abdee
  5. I don't have any other power plan except High Performance plan

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't have any other power plan except High Performance plan: Hi, After upgrading to 1709, all my power plans are gone. Right now I have only one power plan (High Performance). Even I don't have any option to create one. Please can any one help me in restoring all the power plans. Please refer to the below screenshot....
  6. random shutdowns unless power plan set to performance.

random shutdowns unless power plan set to performance.: There seems to be a fairly common issue with pc laptops experiencing random shutdowns, event 41 (63) unless the high performance power plan is enabled. After much research and several weeks of troubleshooting hardware and drivers I found this solution. I have a one year...
  7. Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode: Hello All, Long time stalker, but first time poster. I have a new rig Intel i7 7700K, Asus Prime Z270AR, Samsung Evo 850 1Tb, Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz 16Gb Ram, EVGA Geforce Gtx 1080 SC. I have been dealing with an issue where launching a game forces the power plan to...
  8. CPU throttle, even on 'high performance' power plan

CPU throttle, even on 'high performance' power plan: Hello tenforums! I have been having some really annoying performance problems after upgrading my laptop from win8 to win 10. My laptop is a asus ux32vd, with an Intel i7-3517U cpu.(normal core speed: 1.7ghz, turbo: 2.4ghz) CPU-Z is showing ~990mhz constantly, no matter...
  9. Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop

Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 model with Win 10 Home. It only has one Power Plan, Balanced. My desktop (home built) has High Performance. Is there a way to get it on Win 10 Home? Or do I have to create my own power plan? I use the Laptop for my recording studio and want...
  10. Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?: This has happened several times now... today, my internet connections was down... rebooted modem devices, still nothing, so i checked available updates... and voila! an update is due. After installing and rebooting, everything seems fine. Seems like whenever I have a major...