Windows 10: why windows 10 1803 keep turning on background apps after restart?

Discus and support why windows 10 1803 keep turning on background apps after restart? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when i toggle all background apps off after restart they keep turning on again... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alexey Bogdan, Sep 15, 2018.

1. why windows 10 1803 keep turning on background apps after restart?

when i toggle all background apps off after restart they keep turning on again

:)

Alexey Bogdan, Sep 15, 2018
  2. trashbag Win User

Background Apps broken in 1803?

After performing a clean install of 1803 on W10 Pro x64, I've noticed that the "Background Apps" toggle underneath Settings > Privacy > Background Apps keeps turning itself on upon every restart.

Additionally, the "Choose which apps can run in the background" list that was there before is now completely blank.

I've had Microsoft Edge pop up in the Background Processes in the Task Manager a few times now. I never use Edge.

I'm convinced that the whole background apps shebang is broken in 1803 and is universally stuck on "on".

Edit: According to Google I'm not the only one with this issue. Apparently it only happens on Pro?
    Background Apps do not remain OFF (1803 x64 Pro)
    All the issues of Windows 10 version 1803 you may run into - gHacks Tech News
    All the issues of Windows 10 version 1803 you may run into - gHacks Tech News

trashbag, Sep 15, 2018
  3. trashbag Win User
    Background Apps broken in 1803?

According to post #32 here adding a Migrated DWORD with a value of 4 to the BackgroundAccessApplications entry in Regedit will prevent the Background App setting from resetting after a restart. Fresh installations of 1803 don't have this entry for whatever reason while upgrades to 1803 do, which explains why only some of elbeasto's computers were having this issue.

However, my Background Apps list is still blank and Edge still shows up in Task Manager as a background process. Could someone with a fresh install of 1803 check if they have the same issue even after editing regedit?

Edit: someone found a fix in the aforementioned linked thread, yay

trashbag, Sep 15, 2018
  4. TechHool Win User

why windows 10 1803 keep turning on background apps after restart?

Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10  

Go ahead and turn Let apps run in the background to ON. Then go to Apps & Features, select Edge from the list and go to Advanced settings and hit Reset. Once done, open Edge, now it should appear on the Let apps run in the background list. Now you can turn Let apps run in the background to OFF again. This worked for me for any app that wasn't listed.

TechHool, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

why windows 10 1803 keep turning on background apps after restart?

1. why windows 10 1803 keep turning on background apps after restart? - Similar Threads - why 1803 keep

2. Why does game mode keep turning off after restart? Widows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does game mode keep turning off after restart? Widows 11: Does anyone know a solution how to fix game mode keep turning off after restart? windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-game-mode-keep-turning-off-after-restart/487e3ebb-2d26-484e-973e-441eb7883c07
  3. Why does game mode keep turning off after restart? Widows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does game mode keep turning off after restart? Widows 11: Does anyone know a solution how to fix game mode keep turning off after restart? windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-game-mode-keep-turning-off-after-restart/487e3ebb-2d26-484e-973e-441eb7883c07
  4. After restart, update remais on 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After restart, update remais on 1803: Hi. I tried to update my Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903 and, later, to 1909, but every time the Windows Update finishes ok, but then, after the restart of the system, it remains in 1803. I've tried to uninstall the antivirus, but I still can't update. I don't know...
  5. Hyper-V turns on automatically after restart, following update to 1803-17134.523, Windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V turns on automatically after restart, following update to 1803-17134.523, Windows...: Hi all, After update to build 17134.523, I've noticed that after every restart Hyper-V turns itself on. This is quite annoying, since turning it off or on requires two additional restarts. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there any solution? If I turn it off, I expect it...
  6. An app in windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An app in windows 10 1803: I saw an app running in the task manager "WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.exe WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.exe" . it doesn't have any digital signatures or any publishers name in the publisher column. it's...
  7. Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10 Starting with at least sign in. This new Restart apps setting has been separated from the old Use my sign-in...
  8. How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good?: Hi guys, I am using windows 10 (64 bit & 1803 version). The problem is that, i try to turn off Background apps then the next day or after i restart my pc, it automatically turns on again! Any solution for this? Thanks, Long 110243
  9. Background Apps broken in 1803?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Apps broken in 1803?: After performing a clean install of 1803 on W10 Pro x64, I've noticed that the "Background Apps" toggle underneath Settings > Privacy > Background Apps keeps turning itself on upon every restart. Additionally, the "Choose which apps can run in the background" list that was...
  10. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose which apps can receive info, send notifications, and stay up-to-date, even when you're not using them. Turning background apps off can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does toshiba laptop pc with windows 10 version 1803 x64-based system keeps turning off after a few minutes?