Windows 10: why windows 10 reset has been removed

Discus and support why windows 10 reset has been removed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; please I was using windows 10 pro and i used to reset my laptop when ever i want to format me laptop but now I'm using windows 10 home and if I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eddy734, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Eddy734 Win User

why windows 10 reset has been removed

please I was using windows 10 pro and i used to reset my laptop when ever i want to format me laptop but now I'm using windows 10 home and if I try to reset my laptop windows will be will be sayinginsert your windows installation. I want to ask whether it's the windows 10 home or is the latest update that is causing it.

:)

Eddy734, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Kari, Jan 2, 2020
  4. why windows 10 reset has been removed

Windows failed to reset and it removed windows drive

Hello,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to Reset the computer using Windows 10 ISO and check if it helps.

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • In the troubleshoot screen, click on Reset this PC.
    • Select the desired option and follow the steps to Reset the PC and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

why windows 10 reset has been removed

1. why windows 10 reset has been removed - Similar Threads - why reset has

2. The option to delete after importing photos, has been removed. WHY????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option to delete after importing photos, has been removed. WHY????: I generally import anywhere from 50 - 100 photos or more at a time. The feature of deleting after import, has been removed. WHY???? Does anyone realize how much time it takes to delete photos one at a time, plus the wear of the button on the camera? Yes, I use a literal...
  3. The option to delete after importing photos, has been removed. WHY????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The option to delete after importing photos, has been removed. WHY????: I generally import anywhere from 50 - 100 photos or more at a time. The feature of deleting after import, has been removed. WHY???? Does anyone realize how much time it takes to delete photos one at a time, plus the wear of the button on the camera? Yes, I use a literal...
  4. Windows Security Center Service has been removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Center Service has been removed: I have a windows 10 pro x64 I can't find the windows service security it's deleted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-center-service-has-been-removed/a382bbab-3fe4-48ca-9d0c-92ec86cb37d7
  5. The full reset option has been removed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The full reset option has been removed.: I need to fully kill the machine to get the correct admin name. It is set to ANON. How can I get the correct reset option? The standard recovery screens won't give me the "remove everything" option. This is the pc that came back from servicing-still with unsolved problems,...
  6. Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?: Windows 10 used to detect our Captive Portal as per this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/mobilebroadband/captive-portals Using wireshark, I can not see any request going out to www.msftncsi.com, has this feature been removed? I did see...
  7. "Disk has been surprised removed"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Disk has been surprised removed": Hi, I am randomly getting these warnings in event viewer. I am not sure why this is happening but this has been happening for a while now and it seems to happen every few hours. I only have 3 internal drives (2 HDDs & 1 SSD) and 5 partitions total (screenshot of disk manager)...
  8. "Disk has been surprised removed"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Disk has been surprised removed": Hi, I am randomly getting these warnings in event viewer. I am not sure why this is happening but this has been happening for a while now and it seems to happen every few hours. I only have 3 internal drives (2 HDDs & 1 SSD) and 5 partitions total (screenshot of disk manager)...
  9. Disk 3 has been surprise removed / Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 3 has been surprise removed / Windows 10: Hi, Running a fresh install of Windows 10 1903 (with 1909 update performed making ver: 18363.476) and have noticed this error in event viewer: Disk 3 has been surprise removed. But I don't have a disk 3: Code: PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-PhysicalDisk | Select -Prop...
  10. Has Defender been removed in 1809?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has Defender been removed in 1809?: My system updated a couple of days ago to 1809:17763.292. When attempting to run my weekly system check my shortcut to defender no longer works. I get an error message saying 'MSACUI.EXE CANNOT BE FOUND' I have a folder with all my security based program shortcuts in for...