Windows 10: Wierd Problem

Discus and support Wierd Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I do not even know where to put this. My client has Windows 10 on her laptop. She has no idea what she did or touched and I have no idea how to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robinb9, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Robinb9 Win User

Wierd Problem

I do not even know where to put this.
    My client has Windows 10 on her laptop.
    She has no idea what she did or touched and I have no idea how to fix this.
    If you look at the picture, the icons are missing on the desktop and the start menu and apps are all the way up to the top and all the way across the screen.
    I went on it remotely with team viewer (that is why the backround is black- it does come back to a backround picture when I leave but that is it.
    I tried dragging the start menu down but it will not go, I tried dragging the bar on the right side of the screen and it will not go back to the left side.
    I logged off thinking maybe because I am on remotely it will not move so I explained to her how to do it on the phone and she cannot do it.
    Ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Robinb9, Nov 24, 2015

2. Wierd problem

Related to usb8023x.sys Remote NDIS USB Driver from Microsoft.

Since it is an OS driver I would run a system file check

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...

Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 24, 2015
  3. MissionmanLen, Nov 24, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Wierd Problem

I am a bit confused.
    1. You showed a Start Menu screenshot and you said " icons are missing on the desktop." I don't get it.
    2. Your screenshot shows the taskbar at the bottom of the screen with all the thumbnails that are supposed to be there.
    3. Those at the top are 3rd party programs your client installed. There is a black X at the top. What if you click at it ?

My suggestion is to do system restore. Pick a date when she did NOT have this problem as the restore point.

davidhk, Nov 24, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    Looks like this in Settings > Personalisation > Start

You could try turning off "Use Start full screen"

Wierd Problem [​IMG]

6. Robinb9 Win User
    it is off that is not the problem
    she accidently dragged the whole start screen over it now covers the whole desktop, none of the desktop icons are showing like my computer in my picture below
    it looked similar to this before

Robinb9, Nov 24, 2015
  7. You could always reset.

indianacarnie, Nov 24, 2015
  8. Porthos Win User

Wierd Problem

Porthos, Nov 24, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    Could it be tablet mode it turned on? This also makes the start fill the whole screen and not be transparent (even if transparency is turned on).

EDIT: too slow, @Porthos already suggested that *Smile

10. Robinb9 Win User
    I cannot go back to system restore because she manually did this
    She somehow dragged the whole startmenu over to the entire screen
    look at my comment below in my other post

Robinb9, Nov 24, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    It does not matter whether she did it manually or by registry trick, system restore is to roll back to a date when the system was working properly.

davidhk, Nov 24, 2015
  12. Robinb9 Win User
    Yep It was in tablet mode!!!
    that fixed it THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    and the reason I could not see it is teamviewer cuts the graphics so I could not see the icon that shows that it is in this mode
    robin

Robinb9, Nov 24, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

Wierd Problem

If you click on the small ^ under Extras on the TeamViewer toolbar, it will hide the toolbar. I was annoying to me too.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Wierd Problem

1. Wierd Problem - Similar Threads - Wierd Problem

2. Wierd Recovery folder in C:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wierd Recovery folder in C:\: Hello, I was using treesize program to check for anyting unnusual and i noticed a Recovery folder in my C:\ that has a AutoApply foler and a OEM folder. Inside the AutoApply folder there's another folder called CustomizationFiles and inside of it is a exe called overseer.exe....
  3. Wierd Recovery folder in C:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wierd Recovery folder in C:\: Hello, I was using treesize program to check for anyting unnusual and i noticed a Recovery folder in my C:\ that has a AutoApply foler and a OEM folder. Inside the AutoApply folder there's another folder called CustomizationFiles and inside of it is a exe called overseer.exe....
  4. wierd problem with many apps like file exporer, ms powerpoint, touchpad and function key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wierd problem with many apps like file exporer, ms powerpoint, touchpad and function key: when i open file explorer or i have to choose a file from it, its address bar starts blinking and it doesnt stops until i press only fn key but after sometimes, it starts again same with touchpad, it stops working sometimes and when i press fn key, it starts working, after...
  5. Wierd activation problem - wndows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wierd activation problem - wndows 10: I originally obtained windows 10 using a Windows 7 activation key. I believe it said that the W7 key would be voided when doing so. Windows 10 installed no hastles and has been running for about a year now, no hastles. The system was running overnight. When I sat down this...
  6. adminastratory password problem. os kinda acting wierd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adminastratory password problem. os kinda acting wierd: ok so I got a free 10 download from you over the internet. I put a hint I know the answer to. my son forgot his and got locked out on week two. had to replace. still got the new apple 4. so I tried but I guess I failed. the hint is not what is should be. that user wasn't...
  7. Wierd Windows 10 problems and OneDrive corrupted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wierd Windows 10 problems and OneDrive corrupted files: I've had a lot of problems lately and I don't know if they are related. First, many fake errors appeared in VB.Net that didn't stop project rebuilds. Then, UEFI boot and Windows 10 boot started taking more than an hour. The boot problem miraculously disappeared perhaps...
  8. I have wierd problem sound and microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have wierd problem sound and microphone: I played a game and then randomly i lost audio and microphone sound/volume And its says (No Audio output Device is installed) And if i check Playback or Recording its empty i remember there was something I have tried to solve it uptades, Youtube videos but nothing, can i...
  9. Wierd local acc pin login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wierd local acc pin login problem: So out of the blue I cant enter the whole password to login on the local account which is the one i always use. idont remember the pass for the other live connected one. Wierd thing is I can only enter numbers, but not letters which is a new thing. It was working the...
  10. Wierd Problem- please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wierd Problem- please help!: I put windows 10 on my test machine that was running 8.1 pro everything went smoothly I have not had a real time last night to play around with it so i shut the pc down When turning it on this morning I got the Windows Screen and now everything is black. I have a mouse...