Windows 10: Wifi connection showing "Connected, No Internet Access" browser redirects to spam page when...

Discus and support Wifi connection showing "Connected, No Internet Access" browser redirects to spam page when... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am having a problem that occurred suddenly where my WiFi connection would show "connected, no internet access" But I do have internet access. After... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Peter_2020, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Wifi connection showing "Connected, No Internet Access" browser redirects to spam page when...

I am having a problem that occurred suddenly where my WiFi connection would show "connected, no internet access" But I do have internet access.

After running Network Troubleshooting it says I need to Login to my ISP which them proceeds to redirect me on any browser to a Spam page asking to download an extension, the heading of the page is an Corona19 virus Emergency Update. Obviously I didn't download it but page is a msftconnecttest redirect page.

The Login to my ISP for internet access does not direct me to anywhere but this page.

I have tried uninstalling the network devices and restarting but no change, even done a Restore before it happened but still same.

Router is fine as my other devices can connect with no problem.

I believe it is some malware or some sort that is doing this?

I am on Windows 10 and have run a Full Scan but nothing found.

Any advice, please help.

Thanks.

:)

Peter_2020, Mar 19, 2020

2. Wifi shows "connected, no access" redirects to router login page

Hello all, I really hope you can help me.

I have a Surface 3 and a few days ago my home WiFi stoped working on it. I have no problems connecting with my laptop but whenever I attempt to connect on my tablet the connection shows I have no Internet access and then immediately redirects me to the login page for the router.

I'm able to login to the router with no issues and it shows that my tablet is connected but trying to go to any other Web page just redirects me back to the router login.

I can login to the mobile hotspot via my phone and access the Web just fine but the network at home refuses to work.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers and everything here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/...nection-issues but the problem persists

KaeMasitto, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Wifi shows "connected, no access" redirects to router login page

I got that problem when manually stopping or starting DNS Client Service with active connection. All browsers redirect to router login page.

Wifi connection showing "Connected, No Internet Access" browser redirects to spam page when... [​IMG]

Note: Happens with custom DNS settings in network adapter options and also my router is configured to use custom DNS.

Solution for me is just to switch off computer and router then switch both back on.

You might need to reset router (via hard reset button) and set DNS to default.

Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials

Choose setting "Obtain DNS server address automatically" then reboot and test.

Callender, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Wifi connection showing "Connected, No Internet Access" browser redirects to spam page when...

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Wifi connection showing "Connected, No Internet Access" browser redirects to spam page when...

1. Wifi connection showing "Connected, No Internet Access" browser redirects to spam page when... - Similar Threads - Wifi connection showing

2. Trouble accessing Internet pages when connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble accessing Internet pages when connected: I have a Windows xp laptop connected to Internet by ethernet, It's definitely connected but websites I am trying to access keeps displaying "this page cannot be displayed" I've reset Internet settings, I've tried Internet protocol at obtain ip address automatically and dns...
  3. Trouble accessing Internet pages when connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble accessing Internet pages when connected: I have a Windows xp laptop connected to Internet by ethernet, It's definitely connected but websites I am trying to access keeps displaying "this page cannot be displayed" I've reset Internet settings, I've tried Internet protocol at obtain ip address automatically and dns...
  4. Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet: At work, my computer will connect to the server, but I have no internet access on Wifi. If I use an ethernet, all's well. It worked yesterday. I had the IT guy here. He reverted my computer to the last software update and it did not fix the problem. I am using a Surface Book...
  5. Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet: At work, my computer will connect to the server, but I have no internet access on Wifi. If I use an ethernet, all's well. It worked yesterday. I had the IT guy here. He reverted my computer to the last software update and it did not fix the problem. I am using a Surface Book...
  6. Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi connected but no internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi connected but no internet access: Hellooo! So my laptop suddenly didnt work and I had to reset everything.. and now my wifi doesnt work.. it is connected, but I have no internet. I also tried if the personal hotspot of my phone would work, but its the same case :( I have no knowledge regarding IT so I tried...
  8. Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi

Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi: My windows recently started showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi. I'm able to browse the internet in browsers like chrome, edge, firefox, etc. but some sites which relay on internet status shown by the system are not working as the system shows no internet....
  9. Connected to wifi but no internet access

Connected to wifi but no internet access: My computer can connect to wifi and it also says that it has internet access but when i go to every website it says that I'm not connected to internet. I tried to ping to gateway 192.168.1.1 but requested timeout. I can only have like 5 seconds of internet access but then...
  10. Wifi shows "connected, no access" redirects to router login page

Wifi shows "connected, no access" redirects to router login page: Rebooting and resetting didn't fix the problem

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi no internet but connected redirecting to msn