Windows 10: Will disabling windows font cache service impact performance?

Discus and support Will disabling windows font cache service impact performance? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Im using NexusFonts and windows font cache service makes it painfully slow. When i searched for solution for this, every solution i came across suggest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Aakshat, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Aakshat Win User

Will disabling windows font cache service impact performance?

Im using NexusFonts and windows font cache service makes it painfully slow.
    When i searched for solution for this, every solution i came across suggest to disable Windows Font Cache Service.

And it does solves the problem and while before nexus fonts takes about 2min to load my fonts, now it takes only few seconds.

But my main question is what actually happens when i disabled font cache service, will it impact system performance,
    what happens to the fonts in new applications.
    As windows is not caching fonts anymore will it conflicts with something,
    how windows will handle fonts now on.

:)

Aakshat, Feb 13, 2020
  2. tfwul Win User

High Power Usage by Windows Font Cache Service (?)

Just out of curiosity...

Does anyone out there have a clue as to why the Windows Font Cache Service shows 'Very High' Power usage trend.

All other items are either low or very low.

Thanks.

=

Will disabling windows font cache service impact performance? [​IMG]

tfwul, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Corrupted Fonts

In addition you can try:

• Stop Windows Font Cache service in services.msc.

• Run C-Cleaner System / Font Cache option.

• Start Windows Font Cache service again.

If you have Ccleaner installed it's possible that you'd need CCEnhancer to see the font cache option.

If you don't have it - read this:

Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Callender, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Will disabling windows font cache service impact performance?

How to reset Font settings in Windows 10

ty it

Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10

Long time ago i used NexusFonts and works OK in my Windows 10 Pro. Recently i make fresh install and... i've problems with fonts! On Simple, easy and well designed applications by xiles i found information * If you having problem on Windows 10 Anniversary Update,
    disable Windows Font Cache Service.

I can not use new fonts on work. I must:

• disable cache service
    • delete font cache
    • reboot computer
    • and maybe... works
    i've problem - when I stopped Font Cache Service and Disable it and save settings after restart sometimes is Disable or sometimes is Enable!!! But I want always
    disable Font cache service!

This is possible solution: Services - Windows Front Cache Service

Best Regards

Ireneusz Rolnik, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Will disabling windows font cache service impact performance?

1. Will disabling windows font cache service impact performance? - Similar Threads - disabling font cache

2. Windows Font Cache Service Will Not Start, Preventing Install of Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Font Cache Service Will Not Start, Preventing Install of Office: Using Windows 10 22H2.Have been trying to installed Office 2016 on the computer, but it's been failing with "Error 1920. Service 'Windows Font Cache Service' failed to start."Anything mentioned in the Community Answers on this site I could find that contained "FontCache",...
  3. Windows Font Cache Service Will Not Start, Preventing Install of Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Font Cache Service Will Not Start, Preventing Install of Office: Using Windows 10 22H2.Have been trying to installed Office 2016 on the computer, but it's been failing with "Error 1920. Service 'Windows Font Cache Service' failed to start."Anything mentioned in the Community Answers on this site I could find that contained "FontCache",...
  4. Windows Font Cache Service Will Not Start, Preventing Install of Office

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Performance impact of disabling font smoothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance impact of disabling font smoothing: Was looking for ways to optimize Windows and found this article. Tip #6 suggests choosing the performance option. On doing so, improvements are noticed. However, the fonts edges not looking smooth dampens the UX. On a fresh install, it would help if someone can confirm the...
  6. Performance impact of disabling font smoothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance impact of disabling font smoothing: Was looking for ways to optimize Windows and found this article. Tip #6 suggests choosing the performance option. On doing so, improvements are noticed. However, the fonts edges not looking smooth dampens the UX. On a fresh install, it would help if someone can confirm the...
  7. Performance impact of disabling font smoothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...: I'm on a Windows 10 latest version Pro, using Outlook 365 latest version, paid subscription. I get this error and very degraded search performance frequently. It comes and goes not related to a fresh reboot - tried that. I've also tried turning office all the systray apps I...
  9. Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...: I'm on a Windows 10 latest version Pro, using Outlook 365 latest version, paid subscription. I get this error and very degraded search performance frequently. It comes and goes not related to a fresh reboot - tried that. I've also tried turning office all the systray apps I...
  10. High Power Usage by Windows Font Cache Service (?)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Power Usage by Windows Font Cache Service (?): Just out of curiosity... Does anyone out there have a clue as to why the Windows Font Cache Service shows 'Very High' Power usage trend. All other items are either low or very low. Thanks. = [IMG] 141199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fontcache service disable

2. games need font cache

3. windows font cache service for gaming