Windows 10: Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter?

Discus and support Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I love the Your Phone app, especially the screen mirroring. I recently learned you can now set up calls to route to the Your Phone app, as long as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_LUKEWARM, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter?

I love the Your Phone app, especially the screen mirroring.

I recently learned you can now set up calls to route to the Your Phone app, as long as the PC has bluetooth.

When I built my PC I bought a z270a without bluetooth, so if I get one of those usb adapters will it work for this feature?

submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_LUKEWARM
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PM_ME_YOUR_LUKEWARM, Dec 20, 2019

2. Making Bluetooth phone calls

To anyone who may be reading this now, this is a software problem with WIDCOMM. It does not support phone audio on Windows 8 or later. Notice how all of the screenshots showing this feature have the Windows 7 style.
    I have purchased a CSR based bluetooth device that came with a CSR Harmony software disk and after installing it I was able to use the Hands-Free audio service to use my computer headset with my phone.
    The service is a bit limited. There is no interface to place calls from the computer, but once an outbound call has been made from the phone, the Hands-Free interface will work.
    Specifically, I purchased the Zexmte Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter, able to be found on Amazon.
    EDIT: Additional warning: This software is very temperamental. There are certain procedures you have to follow to pair the devices and reconnect them, or the drivers will literally break and the Bluetooth radio will not function until the CSR Harmony software is completely reinstalled.
    To pair devices, one must use the CSR Harmony interface. Double click the bluetooth icon in the system tray to open the interface. Click "Add Device" and click the phone option. Use this dialogue to pair the devices. Initializing pairing from the phone has given me severe problems.
    On the other hand, once the phone is paired with the computer, subsequent disconnection and reconnection should be done from your phone. Do not use the CSR Harmony interface to connect and disconnect the phone, as this will crash the drivers, requiring re-installation thereof.
    One last word of advice: it's a good idea to disable the "Media Audio" service through your phone's bluetooth paired device settings, so that you are not annoyed by the media player that will automatically pop-up upon connection if this setting is enabled.

HighResolutionS, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10 Your Phone app Calls feature now in general availability

Hello Drew, *Smile

It seems I have the Calls feature (still in preview) available for my S9. Possibly still A/B testing for Insiders.

It is the Phone screen feature that will only be available for:

• Samsung Galaxy Fold
    • Samsung Galaxy Note 10/ Note 10+
    • Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e
    • Samsung Galaxy A30s/A50s/A90

Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter? [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Aliz Win User

Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter?

Promate Bluetooth™ 4.0 USB Adapter !

Hello Everyone

I have just bought the above mentioned bluetooth adapter but unfortunately cant manage to connect my bluetooth headset with it (does not find the device in pairing mode, keeps searching)! I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this device from the promate website. Any suggestions?

OS - Win7 64 bit

Thema:

Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter?

1. Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter? - Similar Threads - 'Your Phone' app

2. Call feature not working on Phone App for Windows !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call feature not working on Phone App for Windows !!: My call feature won't work with the new windows 11 in the Phone Link App. I've followed all the trouble shooting that the app offers but can't find a solution. All other features work fine messages, apps, ect....
  3. Your Phone or Phone Link call feature is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone or Phone Link call feature is not working: I have tried all possible solutions as explained on Microsoft site... but still can not make a call.It keeps displaying Get Started in Call screen. I have clicked it many times.. but every time I click it says Getting things ready... waits for 1 or 2 minutes and again comes...
  4. Your Phone or Phone Link call feature is not working

Your Phone or Phone Link call feature is not working: I have tried all possible solutions as explained on Microsoft site... but still can not make a call.It keeps displaying Get Started in Call screen. I have clicked it many times.. but every time I click it says Getting things ready... waits for 1 or 2 minutes and again comes...
  5. Phonelink Calls Feature with Bluetooth USB Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phonelink Calls Feature with Bluetooth USB Adapter: I have successfully paired my PC and phone using a TP-Link Bluetooth nano USB adapter UB4A. Using Phonelink I can see my texts, delete photos etc, but can't make phone calls. I get the error message "This feature doesn't work with your PC". The Bluetooth icon is bright blue...
  6. Phonelink Calls Feature with Bluetooth USB Adapter

Phonelink Calls Feature with Bluetooth USB Adapter: I have successfully paired my PC and phone using a TP-Link Bluetooth nano USB adapter UB4A. Using Phonelink I can see my texts, delete photos etc, but can't make phone calls. I get the error message "This feature doesn't work with your PC". The Bluetooth icon is bright blue...
  7. Your Phone app calls with USB connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone app calls with USB connection: hello there, maybe one of the windows' experts here have a solution for me. I want to make phone calls from my PC and the only app for this I found is Your Phone by Microsoft. The problem is that it doesn't allows phone calls over anything else than bluetooth, or I don't...
  8. Calling features not available on Your Phone app

Calling features not available on Your Phone app: I've updated my Your Phone app but cannot see the new calling feature. I have a phone running Android 8.1 Oreo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calling-features-not-available-on-your-phone-app/ba5416bc-a3b8-4b85-bc28-fbf4bd7ae506
  9. "Call" feature in Your Phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Call" feature in Your Phone: Hello! Recently my phone got updated to Android 10 and Windows Your Phone app showed me that I can now call and dial through it. Made a restart to my pc and this feature dissapeared but somehow I can answer the phone through PC and Your Phone app. Is it some kind of a bug...
  10. Calling feature on the Your Phone App

Calling feature on the Your Phone App: Has anyone received the new calling feature on your phone app in the stable versions of windows? I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 . But haven't received the feature. https://twitter.com/windowsinsider/status/1204869547552993280...