Windows 10: Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Jack_T2015, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10

How to: Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10

How to Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC for Android Phone

Microsoft has made an early preview of a new Calls feature available for the Windows Insiders.

No need to dig for your Android phone to answer your personal or work calls. You can now stay connected by simply answering (or not) your phone calls on your PC. Tap into your PCs speakers, microphone, and large screen for a richer calling experience.

With the Calls feature you can:
    • Answer incoming phone calls on your PC.
    • Initiate phone calls from your PC using in-app dialer or contact list.
    • Decline incoming phone calls on your PC with custom text or send directly to your phone’s voicemail.
    • Access your recent call history on your PC. Clicking on a specific call will auto populate the number within the dialer screen.
    • Seamlessly transfer calls between your PC and phone.
    Calls requirements:
    • Android Phones 7.0 or higher
    • Windows 10 PC with Bluetooth radio
    • Requires 19H1build or newer
    • Requires minimum Windows 10 build 18362.356
    Known issue:
    • In certain instances, Calls feature may require you to pair your mobile phone & PC again. If you have previously paired your devices, unpair your devices and go through the Calls set up flow again.
    This feature will gradually roll out to Insiders on 19H2 builds or newer, so it may take a few days to be available inside the Your Phone app.

Microsoft values your feedback, so give it a try and let Microsoft know what you think. You can report any issues under the Your Phone > Settings > Send feedback.

To make, receive, and manage Calls in the link your Android phone to your Windows 10 PC.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on and set up or turn off the Calls feature to make and receive calls from an Android phone in the Your Phone app on a Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On and Setup Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC for Android Phone
    • Option Two: Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC for Android Phone

EXAMPLE: Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On and Setup Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC for Android Phone
    1 Turn on Bluetooth on your Windows 10 PC.

2 Turn on Bluetooth on your Android phone.

3 Open the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC.

4 Click/tap on Calls on the left side, and click/tap on Get started on the right side. (see screenshot below)

This will turn on Calls in the Your Phone app settings.

5 Click/tap on Setup. (see screenshot below)

6 Tap on Allow in the Your Phone Companion notification on your Android phone. (see screenshot below)

If you miss the 120 seconds time period to tap on Allow on your phone, you can click/tap on Try again in the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC.

7 Click/tap on Allow in the Pair Device dialog on your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

8 Tap on Allow in the Bluetooth pairing request notification on your Android phone. (see screenshot below)

9 Click/tap on Yes to confirm in the Pair Device dialog on your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

10 If Bluetooth pairing succeeded, click/tap on Close in the Pair Device dialog on your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

11 You will now be able to Connect your phone and PC for Calls in the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC for Android Phone
    1 Open the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC.

2 Click/tap on Settings (gear icon) on the left side, and turn off Calls on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3 Click/tap on Open Bluetooth settings in the Calls pop-up. (see screenshot below)

4 In Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices, click/tap on your listed Android phone (ex: "Galaxy S9") with the phone icon under Other devices on the right side, and click/tap on Remove device. (see screenshot below)

This will unpair this Android phone from your Windows 10 PC.

5 Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

6 You can now close Settings and the Your Phone app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Jack_T2015, Jul 27, 2018

2. Reg edit to turn off Phone Calls win 10 1903 V2

Is there a registry edit that can be done to turn off/disable WIndows 10 Phone Calls? Specifically to disable "Allow phone calls on this device" & "Allow apps to make phone calls".

CampNowhere, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

6. Turn off call forwarding

Hello Tiffnye,

For us to be able to isolate your concern on how to turn off call forwarding, kindly answer these questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for an update.

Gerald Mal, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10

1. Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Setup Turn

2. Your phone app Windows - turn off calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your phone app Windows - turn off calls: Hello,I'm not sure how this feature got turned on in the Your phone app, but I can't seem to turn it off. I have turned off "Allow this app to make and manage calls", but that has had no effect.Many thanks,Tim...
  3. Your phone app Windows - turn off calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your phone app Windows - turn off calls: Hello,I'm not sure how this feature got turned on in the Your phone app, but I can't seem to turn it off. I have turned off "Allow this app to make and manage calls", but that has had no effect.Many thanks,Tim...
  4. Turn On or Off Optimize App Window Sizing in Your Phone on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Turn On or Off Optimize App Window Sizing in Your Phone on Windows 10: [img] You can tap into the power of Your Phone app with Link to Windows integration on select Samsung devices to instantly access your Android phone’s mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC. With Your Phone apps, you can instantly access the Android apps...
  5. Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages: How to: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages How to Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notification Banners in Windows 10 for Android Phone Messages After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete...
  6. Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications: How to: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications How to Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notification Banners in Windows 10 for Android Phone Notifications Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview...
  7. Turn On or Off Mirror Phone Screen in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Mirror Phone Screen in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Mirror Phone Screen in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mirror Android Phone Screen in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC Starting with Windows 10 build 18356.16, Microsoft added a new preview phone screen feature to the Your Phone...
  8. Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Notifications from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview feature to...
  9. Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete messages on...
  10. Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you see photos[/b] from your Android phone. Your Phone is an app that runs on your PC. It is...