Windows 10: Win 10 1903 Cortana not available

Discus and support Win 10 1903 Cortana not available in Cortana to solve the problem; The issue My tower running Win 10 with the latest updates to this date (7/7/2019) doesn't have Cortana. It's a shame not to utilize all of the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DenisAkopyan, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Win 10 1903 Cortana not available

The issue

My tower running Win 10 with the latest updates to this date (7/7/2019) doesn't have Cortana. It's a shame not to utilize all of the features offered by Windows, so I'd like to have it enabled.

The machine was upgraded from Windows 8.0 up to the latest version with updates.

Note

I also own a notebook, with the latest Win 10 updates, which runs Cortana without any issues.

Both machines were purchased in Czechia, although the notebook is imported from France.

My steps

Since I've received both of my machines in non-English language cultures, I had to change the region, display language, preferred language and speech-language to English (United States).

Doing so on my notebook enabled Cortana, didn't work for the tower.

The current state

After the latest update, my tower now displays a Cortana icon in the settings. Before 1903 it wasn't there and the only place where I could find any references to Cortana was in permissions.

Subissue

From time to time I get a weird bug where I have English (United Kingdom) and English (Czech) alongside my selected languages - English (United States), Czech, Russian.

Don't know if this could have an effect on the Cortana situation, but I decided to mention it anyway. I may have fixed the issue by installing the UK language pack, setting it to default, the setting the USA one to default and uninstalling the UK pack. Can't confirm yet as the mentioned language issue appears randomly (couldn't figure out an STR).

Cortana

I've tried to set everything up again like I've mentioned above in #My-steps after the update. In the Cortana settings page, I only have a Language ComboBox with a selection of different English versions and English US selected. Below that a Default language button. Nothing else.

Pressing the Default language button clears the language ComboBox - content changes to "Choose one...", and the Default language button disappears.

When I decide to reselect my previously selected language, English US, is not present in the options.

I only have English UK, English Canada, English Australia, English India.

A cry for help

Yes, I've googled around and I can confirm that I'm not the only one with this issue. Some people just forgot to add Cortana to the taskbar, others had to run scripts in the PowerShell and/or do some regedit magic.

None of that helped me and so here I am... Asking for help to activate Cortana...

And no, reinstalling Windows is not an option for me.

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

:)

DenisAkopyan, Jul 7, 2019
  2. rjolbrich Win User

Win 10 1809 kb4497934 update fails with 0x80070157

Hello,

I tried all suggestions up to upgrading to 1903 from

step 1 in fixes. I also tried step 2. None of the fixes

solved the problem. I am not willing to upgrade to

1903 - not during the first month of availability! Do

you take me for a fool? Windows Update continues

to be the most unreliable component of Win 10.

rjolbrich, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Win 10 1803 to 1903 update

My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1903 a while back, but my Desktop running Win 10 version 1803

I'm assuming the update 1803 to 1903 has now resumed after the earlier problems caused a suspension?

Any thoughts, suggestions?

YadiraPatterson, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Win 10 1903 Cortana not available

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 1903 Cortana not available

1. Win 10 1903 Cortana not available - Similar Threads - 1903 Cortana available

2. No notebook available for Cortana.

in Cortana
    No notebook available for Cortana.: I am using Windows 10 Pro edition not educational in the USA, Windows 10 is completely updated, and when opening cortana, there is no notebook - only sign out, settings, feedback, and about. All settings are set up, and permissions are given, but there is no option that says...
  3. Fix: Cortana is not available on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix: Cortana is not available on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Starting with Windows 10 2004, Microsoft has decoupled Cortana from Windows 10. It is now available as a standalone app and doesn’t offer most of […] This article Fix: Cortana is not available on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 1903: will not work properly with my Samsung laptop and Samsung stated that I need to downgrade to at least 1607. Is this wise? It is no longer supported. How do I do this? Samsung also stated that a downgrade to windows 8 might be needed. The computer seems to work fine mostly...
  5. Cortana availability in Australasia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana availability in Australasia: The Insider previews, fast and slow do not include Cortana functionality in a number of regions including Australasia. When will that be redressed? Last working version 1909 18363.752 154082
  6. Cortana not working in 1903

in Cortana
    Cortana not working in 1903: Just upgraded to 1903 and I can't seem to get Cortana to work or see the configuration options for it. When I go into settings all I see is the image below to pick the language. [ATTACH] I checked the task manager and the Cortana processes are running. I tried to use...
  7. Win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 1903: Can someone tell me why the EOL for 1903 is sooner that 1809? 1903 EOL 12-08-2020 1809 EOL 05-11-2021 [img] 141176
  8. After Update to Win 10 - 1903, Lexmark Printer Says "Communication Not Available."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Update to Win 10 - 1903, Lexmark Printer Says "Communication Not Available.": After the update to Windows 10 - 1903, when I try to print in any app or run a test page I get the error message, "Communication Not Available." I am connected directly by USB cable, no VPN and no network. Printer worked fine before the 1903 update (which seems to have a...
  9. Available Cortana In Bangladesh

in Cortana
    Available Cortana In Bangladesh: Hi! I am from Bangladesh, i want to use cortana in my laptop but at this moment it not possible to use cortana in my country. Cortana does not support in Bangladesh, when cortana is available in Bangladesh. We need to cortana in bangladesh. Please available in Bangladesh....
  10. Microsoft Win 10 cortana

in Cortana
    Microsoft Win 10 cortana: 我的电脑版本是win10企业版(长期服务版)没有预装微软小娜cortana助手,求一个安装包!! My computer version is Win10 Enterprise Edition (Long Term Service Edition) without Microsoft Xiaona Cortana assistant. Seek an installation package!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1903 cortana not working

2. cortana windows 10 1903 sverige

3. 1903 activar cortana

4. cortana no aparece windows 10 1903,
  5. 1903 cortana issue,
  6. cortana fix 1903,
  7. cortana app missing from menu,
  8. upgraded to Version 1903 now Cortana not working,
  9. cortana missing windows 10 1903