Windows 10: Win 10 1903 update lost user profile

Discus and support Win 10 1903 update lost user profile in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 auto updated v1903 this morning (talking about 45 mins), and after completion, I could not access my pc on my normal user profile. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by (Mick), Jul 29, 2019.

1. (Mick) Win User

Win 10 1903 update lost user profile

Windows 10 auto updated v1903 this morning (talking about 45 mins), and after completion, I could not access my pc on my normal user profile.

After rebooting I could, but very sporadic behaviour, no defaults or user customisations (office, mozilla bookmarks etc) and soon no programs would run.

Have uninstalled / recovered to previous version and the system is fine now.

What can I do to check or back up details, before retrying the 1903 uodate?

Thanks

:)

(Mick), Jul 29, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Lost User profile after Windows 10 install

I have the same problem-

lost a profile when windows 10 installed.

That profile is listed in the user folder in windows.old.

What is the procedure to recover it?

John_W_Fraser, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Win 10 1903 update lost user profile

Win 10 1803 to 1903 update

My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1903 a while back, but my Desktop running Win 10 version 1803

I'm assuming the update 1803 to 1903 has now resumed after the earlier problems caused a suspension?

Any thoughts, suggestions?

YadiraPatterson, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 1903 update lost user profile

1. Win 10 1903 update lost user profile - Similar Threads - 1903 update lost

2. User profile lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile lost: Hello, I have deleted my user profile by mistake and I was trying to get it back.I can see my profile in users folder in C driver with all its contents and I can see the SID for my user profile when I search for it in the Registry editor; however, it seems my windows can't...
  3. User profile lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User profile lost: Hello, I have deleted my user profile by mistake and I was trying to get it back.I can see my profile in users folder in C driver with all its contents and I can see the SID for my user profile when I search for it in the Registry editor; however, it seems my windows can't...
  4. User profile lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. lost windows user profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lost windows user profile: Ill start with this, I had 2 accounts on my pc, 1 for normal use and the other i made for uploading videos to youtube. My computer was acting up, so i took it to a repair shop, they wiped it and reinstalled windows. All works well now, except i can not remember the email that...
  6. lost windows user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost windows user profile: Ill start with this, I had 2 accounts on my pc, 1 for normal use and the other i made for uploading videos to youtube. My computer was acting up, so i took it to a repair shop, they wiped it and reinstalled windows. All works well now, except i can not remember the email that...
  7. Win 10 Update ends with user profile error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Update ends with user profile error: The latest Windows 10 update downloaded on my computer. I followed the instructions to "install now". Of course, it took several hours as I knew it would. At the very end the error message "user profile could not be loaded" came up. So I came here, but every fix I read...
  8. lost desktop-user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost desktop-user profile: Last night my computer was acting weird - slow, hanging up, etc. I turned it off. The monitor turned off, but the computer stayed on. I unplugged it for fear there was some kind of intrusion that McAfee was not containing. This morning I plugged it back in and turned it on. A...
  9. Windows 10 Update Lost My User Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Lost My User Profile: This is the second time this has happened. The first time, I hunted for days before I found what worked. I went to the Registry and to HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>WINDOWS NT>CURRENT VERSION>PROFILELIST and found my profile with a .bak at the end. I removed the...
  10. Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update: I was running WIN 7 Pro on my desktop with two login user profiles (George and Jenny). I updated to WIN 10 Pro and install went fine, except now on the principal login page there is only my login (George) My wife's profile is gone, and I cannot see it by clicking on Win icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local users and groups missing windows 10 1903

2. windows lost user profile when upgrade

3. windows 1903 update missing user

4. win 10 1903 updates and loss of user rights,
  5. microsoft account problems with windows 1903,
  6. win10 1903 lost profile,
  7. how to recover user profile after upgrade windows 1903,
  8. numerous temp user accounts after windows 10 feature update 1903,
  9. win10 update 1903 how to access outlook account details