Windows 10: Win 10 Anniv update stuck/system-update locks

Discus and support Win 10 Anniv update stuck/system-update locks in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Tried win 10 anniv update and after 10 hours! it sat on 99%. Finally shut it down. Now when I try to update from setting-update, that locks up & I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TheGrud, Aug 22, 2016.

1. TheGrud Win User

Win 10 Anniv update stuck/system-update locks

Tried win 10 anniv update and after 10 hours! it sat on 99%. Finally shut it down. Now when I try to update from setting-update, that locks up & I have to use task manager to exit it. Heard a lot about problems with the anniv update, now I know. Also what do they mean when updating with the ISO? I know little-if anything about programming.*Confused

:)

TheGrud, Aug 22, 2016

2. windows 10 anniv update is stuck at 99% for 4hrs this is 2nd time I tried to install

windows 10 anniv update the download is stuck at 99% it has been that way for 4hrs. this is the 2nd time I tried to install the update

Bernadette KHolzer, Aug 22, 2016
  3. I tried to download Anniv,update on Win 10 .

I tried to download Anniv,update on Win 10 but download stops, keep getting the codeOxc1900107 telling me that the

update cant be completed.

Thank you in advance

valentinhallinan, Aug 22, 2016
  4. CmmTch Win User

Welcome to tenforums TheGrud *Smile

See this tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html use option #1 to download an iso, this iso has both Home and Pro versions, you need to specify whether x32 or x64. With both versions on the iso you'll need an 8G USB (USB is my preferred way, easily rewritten) It's good to have an iso handy incase you need to reinstall or repair, and the whole install thing goes faster when you're not waiting 20 minutes or longer for the update to download.

I download the iso to my computer, then use Rufus to make a bootable USB Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

CmmTch, Aug 22, 2016
  5. CmmTch Win User
    CmmTch, Aug 22, 2016
  6. TheGrud Win User
    Thanks Steve, I appreciate the info. Is this the same process for win 10 anniversary update that hangs at 99%? I've seen info on the site but no solution. Any help?

TheGrud, Aug 22, 2016
  7. CmmTch Win User
    Yes, if I'm understanding your question, the iso install is for upgrading from an earlier version of W10 to the present version. It's the same process, but once you've downloaded the iso to your computer you have it. This avoids having to download it again if the upgrade fails since you've got it saved, I made a W10 folder in my downloads folder and keep the iso's there.

I've done it successfully to two laptops (both are W10 Pro x64) with an iso from here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html takes you.

I can't get my desktop with W10 Home to install the AU, at the first reboot I get an error, OXc1900101-0X20017 "Install failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

Like most W10 install fail errors there's very little concrete information available, if I figure something out that's great, if I don't, oh well, at least it was free, I'd be pissed if I paid for it and had this trouble.

Good luck

CmmTch, Aug 22, 2016
  8. TheGrud Win User

Thanks again Stage. I have exactly the same situation. My laptop took the anniversary update, but my desktop froze at 99%. I'm giving your way a try for the desktop. Hope it works. You've been a big help. Thanks

TheGrud, Aug 29, 2016
  9. TheGrud Win User
    That should be thanks again Steve. Spell checks a bi***.

TheGrud, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Anniv update stuck/system-update locks - Similar Threads - Anniv update stuck

2. win 10 Update is system is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 Update is system is missing: win 10 Update is system is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-update-is-system-is-missing/4afbd044-839c-4124-9c60-0c3d6893651f
  3. system in loop on a win 10 update

system in loop on a win 10 update: I have an Asus X205T EeeBook laptop that was in the process of updating from 1809 to 1903 version and went off the rails somewhere in the installation and now is just loop booting with a message "Undoing changes made to your computer" for the last 2 days. I have tried...
  4. Win 10 update stuck in restart

Win 10 update stuck in restart: I received the update notifivation last Thu. (14-Feb-19). After installation, it went to restart stage, however, it was stuck after log-in and reported Windows Explorer has no response during personalized setting. I have tried to call up the task manager but it did not work....
  5. Windows Anniv wants to update an update that i already installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Anniv wants to update an update that i already installed: A few days ago I updated my system to Win Anniv 1607 using an ISO disc. Today I have the same? update showing up in my Update Status. It is KB3176929. I selected defer updates for now, but why does this show up? I don't want to do this again because I had to do a clean boot...
  6. Win 10 stuck in update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 stuck in update: Hi guys, yesterday noticed that win started to auto update. Today i wake up and win was stuck with the information 100% concluded. Dont disconnect computer. [img] What to do now. Thanks guys 56695
  7. Webcam video encoding types not available after Win 10 Anniv Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam video encoding types not available after Win 10 Anniv Update: I offer this in the hope that it will help get the issue some attention. Background I use webcams for video conferencing and streaming production. I have a large collection of webcams of all sorts, along with various software applications that allows explicit control...
  8. Win 10 Anniv. Update (v. 1607) no Internet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Anniv. Update (v. 1607) no Internet Connectivity: Hi there - On 9/25 at 4:00 AM my system, already a Win 10 machine, applied updates bringing it to v 1607, build 14393.187. Since then I have had no internet connectivity - either through wifi or with an Ethernet cable. I rolled back to v. 1511 build 10586.589 but still no...
  9. Win 10 Update Stuck in Reset Loop

Win 10 Update Stuck in Reset Loop: My installation is stuck in a reset loop. The Win 10 Ready to Install came up, so I clicked Start and it rebooted, back to the login screen, and then Windows Update came up saying it needed to Restart Now. After a couple of minutes the Win 10 Ready screen comes up again. I've...
  10. Microsoft Edge and IE11 better together in Windows 10 Anniv. Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and IE11 better together in Windows 10 Anniv. Update: Microsoft Edge is built from the ground up to improve productivity, to be more secure, and to correctly, quickly, and reliably render web pages. While Microsoft Edge is the default browser for Windows 10 and is the best fit for most users, we recognize that some Enterprise...