Windows 10: Win 10 dead as a door nail!

Discus and support Win 10 dead as a door nail! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Guys, About an hour ago, in the middle of things my PC (win 10 pro 64-bit, HP Elite 8000) totally froze and I had to turn it off. After re-booting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by esebm, Sep 18, 2016.

1. esebm Win User

Win 10 dead as a door nail!

Guys,
    About an hour ago, in the middle of things my PC (win 10 pro 64-bit, HP Elite 8000) totally froze and I had to turn it off.
    After re-booting, no icon on the desktop works anymore, not a single one. I have rebooted several times, hitting F9, F10, etc but always the same result. Ctrl, Alt, Delete opens that screen with the various choices but that is the end of it. Task Manager does not open either.
    Can someone help, please?
    Thanks,
    Ed

:)

esebm, Sep 18, 2016
  2. RGloria Win User

DELL LATITUDE WITH SSD

My Dell Intel Dual Core laptop is dead as a door nail. The SSD is dead and also the digital power supply after Windows 10 update. I have to extract the SSD to see if I can do some diagnostics. This laptop work fine during the Windows 8.1 TPE.

RGloria, Sep 18, 2016
  3. Nokia Lumia 1020 not turning on (hard reset doesn't work)

Jack I have tried all the suggested options and nothing worked to bring my 1020 back from the dead....it was working fine when I went to bed, plugged it in to charge and when I woke up this morning....it was off and dead as a door nail!

recovery tools do not even recognize the device it plugged into my Surface Pro 4

Trent McMurray, Sep 18, 2016
  4. esebm Win User

Fixed!
    My Logitech M510 wireless mouse broke the left button switch, never mind.
    Ed

esebm, Sep 18, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    simrick, Sep 18, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Our posts crossed in cyberspace. Glad you got it sorted. *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 dead as a door nail! - Similar Threads - dead door nail

2. Door-Tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Door-Tower: My DVD door, on my tower, will not open, how to fix it, to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/door-tower/a625c131-41ae-4a35-99a5-67fdb15584db
  3. Door-Tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Door-Tower: My DVD door, on my tower, will not open, how to fix it, to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/door-tower/a625c131-41ae-4a35-99a5-67fdb15584db
  4. Touchpad scroll dead after Win 10 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad scroll dead after Win 10 update?: As prompted, I updated my Windows 10. Now touchpad scroll is dead, and Mice/touchpad do not appear in device manager list. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-scroll-dead-after-win-10-update/32534103-2599-4d35-8538-b7cc7ea06a46
  5. cd door

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd door: I have just purchesed this computer and cannot open the cd door it doesn't have a pin hole to press or a switch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-door/61ae06cf-701e-4882-8e53-416ad7692e6e
  6. Win 10 on dead hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 on dead hdd: Hi all .. i need some advice on my options please ... i have had windows 10 for a few years now but it was the free upgrade from my win 7 when 10 was released .. My hdd has died, i have 3 other hdd’s installed and the back up of “my computer” was on one of them the folder...
  7. Win 10 License activation PC dead

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 License activation PC dead: I upgraded quite awhile ago to Win 10 for free. I've moved out of state and finally hooked my computer back up to find that the license needs activating (where do I get THAT code now?) and it's constantly running extremely slowwwwwwww. So I chose to turn off wifi just to...
  8. Calorimetric doors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Calorimetric doors: I suggest as a new product Microsoft: calorimetric doors to hospitals and for security services. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calorimetric-doors/60763f8e-cf02-44cc-a269-d0bfed7955e2"
  9. Nail and Calender stopped working in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nail and Calender stopped working in Windows 10.: Tried to reinstall from the Store but installation fails with Error Code 0X80073CFC. Money app has also stopped working....
  10. Another nail in the coffin for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Another nail in the coffin for Edge: Hi there This is a 100% No No in using Edge for me. Also Ms seems to forget nor everybody wants to be "connected" 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. I don't want to use an Ms account either. In fact even some BIG businesses are suggesting to people --switch off email etc for a...