Windows 10: Win 10 MSCONFIG limited startup has locked the computer

Discus and support Win 10 MSCONFIG limited startup has locked the computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; RE: Win 10 MSCONFIG locked up issue: I thought I was entering Safe Mode, but instead clicked on Limited Startup & rebooted. Now I cannot get to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ThreeLakesJim, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Win 10 MSCONFIG limited startup has locked the computer

RE: Win 10 MSCONFIG locked up issue:

I thought I was entering Safe Mode, but instead clicked on Limited Startup & rebooted. Now I cannot get to the normal Win 10 login screen, instead the screen only shows Power (Shutdown, Restart, Sleep) / Ease of Use / No Internet Connection. I have tried the Shift+Restart & that does nothing.

I saw Byteman21 posted the identical problem in November 2016, but cannot see where anyone responded to help. Can anyone please share with me what it took to solve this? I have 3 machines locked up & it has shut down my business, unfortunately thinking I was doing the right thing.

Thank you in advance for ANY help you can offer to solve this.

:)

ThreeLakesJim, Jan 11, 2017
  2. JK2500 Win User

Cannot Display Personal JPG Image File In Lock Screen Background When Starting Win 10 Pro Build 16299.98 (12-1-2017)

12-01-2017: Changing the file format to png in Paint did not work. The presupplied image still appears in the Win 10 Pro Lock Screen startup background instead. Is there a limitation to the png or jpg file size that can be displayed in Lock Screen
    Startup? Thank you.

JK2500, Jan 11, 2017
  3. ShariD77 Win User
    Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Thanks for the help. Even tho with win 10 my computer no longer locks unless I do it manually, I have followed your instructions to put it to sleep.

With win 8, it would lock and sleep with my lid closed or after a time limit whether I had programs running or not. With win 10 NO programs can be running for the lid close to sleep. And with win 10 I can expect my computer not to lock unless I manually
    do. Bad feature.

Thanks for your help

ShariD77, Jan 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Win 10 MSCONFIG limited startup has locked the computer

Hi, one option would be to boot from an external bootable medium (DVD/USB drive...) and either restore the backup registry, or if you boot from a Win 10 bootable medium, run System restore from that, if you have any usable restore points.

dalchina, Jan 11, 2017
  5. cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 MSCONFIG limited startup has locked the computer

1. Win 10 MSCONFIG limited startup has locked the computer - Similar Threads - MSCONFIG limited startup

2. Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup: Hi guys, so i rebooted my laptop on msconfig diagnostic startup and it says that i have a problem with my pin, and when i clic on it, it says get an application from the store and nothing happens when i select ok . I can’t acces anything beyond the start menu. Here’s what i...
  3. Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup: Hi guys, so i rebooted my laptop on msconfig diagnostic startup and it says that i have a problem with my pin, and when i clic on it, it says get an application from the store and nothing happens when i select ok . I can’t acces anything beyond the start menu. Here’s what i...
  4. Win lock on startup problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win lock on startup problem: Hello, Please read all so as to not post a response that won’t cover all that I’ve done to my poor desktop.My daughter had been downloading skins on Minecraft and our computer caught the “winlock” virus. I was trying to fix myself and now I get blue box saying put an...
  5. win 10 startup issue locks up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 startup issue locks up: I downloaded a win 10 upgrade from win 7 32 bit but am having startup issues. I tried several avenues thru dos prompt and now i get a slow bootup but then it locks up. I cant do anything else but restart. Can you please help me fix this issue? I may be able to get back to dos...
  6. MSconfig / normal startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSconfig / normal startup: Hi all, I am experiencing problems on startup (old Dell E6320 with Windows 10 32bits) since I may have change MSconfig setup from Selective to Normal Startup. Ever since when Windows is booting, it takes minutes to get to the PW screen, my PW is no longer accepted, then it...
  7. msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails: I am trying to determine why Firefox takes 20 seconds to open. This does not happen in Safe Mode so presumably another package is causing the delay. Consequently, I wanted to start in diagnostics mode. However, as soon as I click on the button for Diagnostics startup, the...
  8. MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup: I can't get my PC to do a normal start up. When I select normal start up in MSCONFIG and hit apply and boot it reverts to Selective start up. However everything appears to be working normally. I'm not sure if it is or if it is actually doing a Selective start up. Any ideas?...
  9. MSConfig & Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSConfig & Selective Startup: So msconfig is driving me nuts as whenever i just click normal or diagonstic boot it reverts to selective startup. I had this issue in Windows 7 and i fixed it somehow. Any help? 9138
  10. msconfig and startup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig and startup programs: msconfig wont change back to "normal startup". startup items does not startup even when changed to activated. do i have to reinstall programs for these to work? 46381