Windows 10: Win 10 Password Problem:

Discus and support Win 10 Password Problem: in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I put an SSD drive fully loaded with complex programs, data, etc. into a replacement Lenovo P70 thinking that once I got the BIOS order right I would... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fubar007, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Fubar007 Win User

Win 10 Password Problem:

I put an SSD drive fully loaded with complex programs, data, etc. into a replacement Lenovo P70 thinking that once I got the BIOS order right I would have no problems booting up with Win10 on the SSD drive. Wrong. When I first set up the original P70’s SSD drive I gave it a password and was asked for a PIN number and from thereon out until the original P70 quit got used to using the PIN number to boot the system. Now, in trying to boot up the replacement machine I get to the point where it asks me for the password which, of course, I never wrote down nor remember. I still have the PIN, but it does not want the PIN. Does anyone have a thought as to how to use the PIN or another way to get through this roadblock to be able to boot up?

:)

Fubar007, Jun 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 printer connection

Hi

I have a similar problem, or same actually. I'm using homegroup for network, and when i use password off setting i can access PC that runs win 10 from win XP but not the printer. When i turn password on i cant figure out what is the user name i should use.
    So the problem is only when accessing from win XP to win 10, win 10 to win 10 is no issue.

RomanipenKragujevac, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Blipet Win User
    Heads Up: Win 10 not recognizing 3rd party software registrations and interfering with passwords

I've got a number of 3rd party software apps that I can no longer use because the previous Win 7 registration or activations are no longer recognized after my Win 10 OS update. I can probably get this fixed next week from the software suppliers themselves,
    even though it is a pain to have to contact and convince each individual developer that this is not a a new installation to a new PC or other device. I see that a number of other Win 10 updates have caused similar problems for other users.

A bigger problem for me is that Win 10 is interfering with some of my existing software to recognize my security passwords established with Win 7. When I enter the correct existing password, the software now yields a warning that I have entered an incorrect
    password. Unfortunately it also fails to offer offer me the option to click on a "Forget Your Password" link or to reset a password.

This failure to recognize my accurate passwords did not only affect 3rd party software, but also my PC User Account passwords. It took some professional help help to overcome the User Account password interference, but the 3rd party passwords are still an
    as-yet-unresolved set of problems. Any suggestions on how to get Win 10 out of the way here?

3rd party software developers may have not yet created a Win 10 compatible version of their app, so beware if you depend on the frequent use of such password-protected software and plan to upgrade to Win 10. On the other hand, I have no clue why Win 10 would
    not accept my previous Win 7 User Account passwords.

Blipet, Jun 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Win 10 Password Problem:

Hello Fubar, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

When you're on the Sign-in screen, do you have a "Sign-in options" link under your avatar to click on to select to sign in with a PIN.

If not, then is this a Microsoft account? If so, then you could reset the password online at Microsoft to have the new password sync to the computer while it's online.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...a.html#option3

Brink, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Fubar007 Win User
    Thank you Brink. Microsoft it is. I tried that. No luck. I think the reason may be that the subject computer is not on line unless it has an operating system. It also has a hard drive I have set up that drive to be Win10; so now the box has a connection to the internet, but I can't figure out how to keep the connection alive and start the SSD so it can get the changed password. Any thoughts?

Fubar007, Jun 26, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You can reset the Microsoft account's password while on any computer, but you'll have to boot from the SSD to get to the sign-in screen for the Microsoft account to have it sync on the OS for that PC.

Brink, Jun 26, 2016
  7. Fubar007 Win User
    Thanks Brink:
    It seems that I have several Microsoft Accounts. The one I use most is for Office 365; then there is another one for Microsoft Live. I have changed that one as you have suggested, but when trying to log on with the SSD I get "The password is incorrect. Try again."

Fubar007, Jun 26, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Win 10 Password Problem:

Sometimes it may take up to 24 hours to sync the new password to the PC.

Brink, Jun 26, 2016
  9. Fubar007 Win User
    OK But I changed the Microsoft Live a/c password a couple of days ago. Could it be the Office 365 password that I should change?

Fubar007, Jun 26, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If it uses the same email address as the Microsoft account, then it wouldn't hurt to verify if the password was changed for it as well.

Is the PC setup to always boot and run from the SSD?

When you try to sign in to the Microsoft account online at Microsoft from any computer, does it accept the new password?

Brink, Jun 26, 2016
  11. Fubar007 Win User
    Yes. The BIOS setup has it first in line to boot.
    Just to make sure re password uniformity, yesterday I changed my passwords for Office 365 and Microsoft to be the same so there was no confusion. Since then I've logged in to several Microsoft things to make sure it works for everything, and it does...but not to boot that P70 computer. When I try to boot that up I get as far as the next screen after the picture from the cave where it asks for user name and password. I put them in and press enter and "The password is incorrect. Try again." is response. Does that it gets that far suggest that it is reading the SSD drive OK? What else might be a problem?

Fubar007, Jun 28, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if you may be able to enable the built-in Administrator account at boot on the P70 computer using OPTION FOUR below to sign in to Windows with. Once online, you might see if you may be able to switch user to the Microsoft account to sync the password.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jun 28, 2016
  13. Fubar007 Win User

Win 10 Password Problem:

Thanks Brink;
    Got as far as REM_SAM and then got "process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." I have an option I think which is an Acronis image backup which I can try to load using a USB driver. Have been avoiding that as I preferred to do it the way we have been trying. FYI: In my search at Advanced Options in Troubleshoot I found: System Restore (I had nor created a restore point) , System Image Recovery, Startup Repair (did nothing), Command Prompt, UEFI Firmware settings and Go Back to Previous Build.

Fubar007, Jun 28, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That error indicates that you may not have done it in a command prompt at boot, but instead did so in advanced startup or safe mode which wouldn't work.

Brink, Jun 28, 2016
  15. Fubar007 Win User
    OK. I tried my best to get command prompt at boot using shift F10 but first got "Choose your Keyboard layout" and then got a bunch of options; "Exit and Continue to Win 10; Use a Device; Troubleshoot" which is finally where I got the Command Prompt. It is trying to get it at boot which I must have tried 10 times but with no success except as above. Any thoughts?

Fubar007, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 Password Problem:

1. Win 10 Password Problem: - Similar Threads - Password Problem

2. Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...: Help me to unlock my nokia e6-00* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-biggest-problem-that-my-nokia-e6-00/d7934c7f-06cc-4311-b3b4-dd1e8f9facf1
  3. Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...: Help me to unlock my nokia e6-00* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-biggest-problem-that-my-nokia-e6-00/d7934c7f-06cc-4311-b3b4-dd1e8f9facf1
  4. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  5. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  6. Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop, and I'm the only user for this machine. I wanted to sign into Windows 10 without entering a password each time. So I ran 'netplwiz', unchecked the option 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' and clicked...
  7. Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop, and I'm the only user for this machine. I wanted to sign into Windows 10 without entering a password each time. So I ran 'netplwiz', unchecked the option 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' and clicked...
  8. Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password

9. Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...: My keyboard isn't working, and when I tried to login, Windows was showing that I typed the wrong password even though it wasn't wrong. So, I attempted to click the Troubleshooting button, then I clicked the Advanced Options button, and I clicked "uninstall updates," and then...
  10. Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...: My keyboard isn't working, and when I tried to login, Windows was showing that I typed the wrong password even though it wasn't wrong. So, I attempted to click the Troubleshooting button, then I clicked the Advanced Options button, and I clicked "uninstall updates," and then...